Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nostalgic 7th September 2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 634596)
Twilight zone arrived from music magpie , the fugitive was a charity shop find it's was sealed.

On!y ever seen the movie.

That Twilight Zone set is amazing! Beautiful prints & so many extras you'll need a year off work to go through the lot!

In the post today:

The Postman Always Rings Twice

Columbia Film Noir Classics vol 4 (So Dark the Night, Johnny O'Clock, Walk A Crooked Mile, Walk East on Beacon!)

trebor8273 7th September 2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 634688)
That Twilight Zone set is amazing! Beautiful prints & so many extras you'll need a year off work to go through the lot!

In the post today:

The Postman Always Rings Twice

Columbia Film Noir Classics vol 4 (So Dark the Night, Johnny O'Clock, Walk A Crooked Mile, Walk East on Beacon!)

It is a amazing set with fantastic picture quality , with loads of extras including the radio plays.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th September 2020 08:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:happy:

trebor8273 7th September 2020 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just ordered this from music magpie , for just over £11 thought why not :behindsofa:

nosferatu42 7th September 2020 09:23 PM

Positive proof that Trebor is trying to create a TV ark and sail off into eternity, Once the icecaps melt n all that.:)

No one else in their right mind would buy Dynasty.
Except your mum.

(note to self, buy a big boat)

:behindsofa:

trebor8273 7th September 2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 634698)
Positive proof that Trebor is trying to create a TV ark and sail off into eternity, Once the icecaps melt n all that.:)

No one else in their right mind would buy Dynasty.
Except your mum.

(note to self, buy a big boat)

:behindsofa:

I'll probably be really embarrassed if I like it and just tell everyone how awful it is.

Mind I did strangely enjoy Dallas as a kid, never seen dynasty but it's suppose to be Dallas with everything cranked up to 12. The 80s at its worst.

nosferatu42 7th September 2020 09:37 PM

Whatever floats your boat good sir, but at this rate you are definitely gonna need a bigger one.:pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th September 2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 634699)
I'll probably be really embarrassed if I like it and just tell everyone how awful it is.

Mind I did strangely enjoy Dallas as a kid, never seen dynasty but it's suppose to be Dallas with everything cranked up to 12. The 80s at its worst.

I'd have bought it for that price.

Dynasty wasn't as good as Dallas. Speaking of Dallas, i'm currently half way through the fifth season as i type.

Sadly i only have the first five series on dvd. They go for silly money nowadays and the complete series plus movies is £89.99 on Amazon. If they'd reduce it by twenty notes i'd probably buy it. :lol:

trebor8273 7th September 2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 634703)
I'd have bought it for that price.

Dynasty wasn't as good as Dallas. Speaking of Dallas, i'm currently half way through the fifth season as i type.

Sadly i only have the first five series on dvd. They go for silly money nowadays and the complete series plus movies is £89.99 on Amazon. If they'd reduce it by twenty notes i'd probably buy it. :lol:

I was looking at it and was thinking the same thing. £60 I would pick it straight up for 14 season and four tv movies.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th September 2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 634704)
I was looking at it and was thinking the same thing. £60 I would pick it straight up for 14 season and four tv movies.

The first tv movie was excellent. JR Returns i think it's called. I've actually still got it on vhs. :lol:

For me it would be like nine series as i've already got five and four movies and i still think it would be worthwhile.