Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th March 2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo (Post 648822)
My Panasonic Blu Ray player ( and previous Pioneer one ) is multiregion for both Blu rays and dvds.
The Blu-ray region setting has to be changed by remote and dvds are automatically multiregion.

Which model is that?

Justin101 29th March 2021 12:16 PM

^^^
That's the same with the Sony one I posted the link for yesterday, DVDs will play automatically whatever the region, but the BDs you select the region code by pressing one of the coloured buttons on the remote while the tray is open.

Nordicdusk 29th March 2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 648826)
^^^
That's the same with the Sony one I posted the link for yesterday, DVDs will play automatically whatever the region, but the BDs you select the region code by pressing one of the coloured buttons on the remote while the tray is open.

My LG player is the exact same.

nosferatu42 29th March 2021 12:38 PM

Yeah theres 4 coloured buttons on mine, basically region A, B etc for blu ray dvd just does it's thing with no hassle.

Justin101 29th March 2021 12:59 PM

I'm considering upgrading to a multiregion 4k player actually. Although, I've found myself not buying a load of 4k discs after getting my PS5, I think I have 6 in total.

Nordicdusk 29th March 2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 648834)
I'm considering upgrading to a multiregion 4k player actually. Although, I've found myself not buying a load of 4k discs after getting my PS5, I think I have 6 in total.

Is there a 4K player in the PS5 ?

Justin101 29th March 2021 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 648835)
Is there a 4K player in the PS5 ?

There certainly is! I believe the Xbox as well if you buy the disc version!
I've only watched Dawn of the Dead and Tremors on it though... Tremors looks phenomenal!

:D

Nordicdusk 29th March 2021 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 648837)
There certainly is! I believe the Xbox as well if you buy the disc version!
I've only watched Dawn of the Dead and Tremors on it though... Tremors looks phenomenal!

:D

Yeah i have the disc Xbox i was going to buy a region free 4K player until i realised 4K was region free.

nosferatu42 29th March 2021 02:20 PM

I ain't going further than blu ray, as far as i'm concerned the more you get to see HD pores in the skin the more i'm happy to zone out to a blu ray.
Obviously until they release a Valerie Leon box set that is...

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th March 2021 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was on the phone to my best mate yesterday and he was berating me for not having seen Peaky Blinders. He ended up saying "right you twat, i've bought it for you it'll be with you tomorrow."

I thought he was kidding.