Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th June 2021 03:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took the plunge and ordered this tv from Richer Sounds. The new 43" Samsung QLED.

Justin101 7th June 2021 03:29 PM

I'm jealous!

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th June 2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 653866)
I'm jealous!

Haha! I don't think so.

Justin101 7th June 2021 03:59 PM

Haha I am, even though I only bought my TV last spring and I do really like it, as soon as the the QLED screens started dropping in price I decided I wanted one :lol: you can never have enough TVs haha...

I mean I should just hold out for the OLED ones but I'm not really trying to spend £1000 on a new TV when I already have a very decent one :lol:

trebor8273 7th June 2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 653868)
Haha I am, even though I only bought my TV last spring and I do really like it, as soon as the the QLED screens started dropping in price I decided I wanted one :lol: you can never have enough TVs haha...

I mean I should just hold out for the OLED ones but I'm not really trying to spend £1000 on a new TV when I already have a very decent one :lol:

I really don't know if I should get OLED or laser tv , when the price drops (a lot)!

Inspector Abberline 7th June 2021 04:08 PM

See you next Tuesday

I do believe Dem conversion to Hi-def is one of the first signs of the impending apocalypse... either that or Betamax and 21" black and white televisions are gonna come back in fashion...

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th June 2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 653869)
I really don't know if I should get OLED or laser tv , when the price drops (a lot)!

You can certainly tell the difference between OLED and LED in larger tv's. I was in Curry's looking at them today.

They had the one i bought (Richer Sounds knocked me twenty quid off just to beat Curry's price) and had all the contrast levels quite low even dulled compared to older tv's they were clearly trying to sell off.

You've only just bought a new tv anyway, Treb. You should be flying high. I looked back in the thread to see what you bought yesterday for reference.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th June 2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 653870)
I do believe Dem conversion to Hi-def is one of the first signs of the impending apocalypse... either that or Betamax and 21" black and white televisions are gonna come back in fashion...

I absolutely adored the black and white portable i had in my room as a kid. Changing channels by turning a knob, moving through white noise until you found ITV.

Miami Vice never looked so good as it did in b&w.

trebor8273 7th June 2021 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today . But all I could do was check the discs as it's going away till xmas.

Justin101 7th June 2021 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 653874)
Arrived today . But all I could do was check the discs as it's going away till xmas.

Is it the Zavvi Exclusive version? I really want this set (normal edition) but I'm determined to wait until it's less than £50 or the films are released individually.