Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2021 01:44 PM

Arse. I didn't realise it was Elvira's Haunted Hills you'd ordered, Justin. Thought it was Mistress of the Dark.

I really enjoyed Haunted Hills the only time i saw it. Far better than Mistress.

I'll have to investigate it and see if i fancy it now.

Justin101 13th October 2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 661208)
Arse. I didn't realise it was Elvira's Haunted Hills you'd ordered, Justin. Thought it was Mistress of the Dark.

I really enjoyed Haunted Hills the only time i saw it. Far better than Mistress.

I'll have to investigate it and see if i fancy it now.

Mistress of the Dark is already fantastic in the Arrow release so I wouldn't double dip on that, but Haunted Hills is an HD premiere by Shout, from a 4k scan of the negative apparently :)

Demoncrat 13th October 2021 05:09 PM

Picked up a couple of dvds. All UK

Laura
Blood Simple
Gangster No. 1

All from the Xtian place. £1.50.

Justin101 13th October 2021 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 661230)
Picked up a couple of dvds. All UK

Laura
Blood Simple
Gangster No. 1

All from the Xtian place. £1.50.

I'll be watching Laura for my 'Noirvember' but I'm not going to be going full on 30 days of Noir, just the odd few :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th October 2021 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 661231)
I'll be watching Laura for my 'Noirvember' but I'm not going to be going full on 30 days of Noir, just the odd few :)

Laura's an excellent film. Great choice.

Got it on a now out of print Fox Classics set alongside Black Widow, Dangerous Crossing and Call Northside 777.

Four really good films.

Demoncrat 13th October 2021 05:45 PM

Indeed D. :nod:

It has the original poster (Laura) as cover and is a joy to behold.
Finally upgraded BS from vhs ahem. Will probably watch this tonight in all honesty.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2021 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A fiver at Asda.

Colin Baker, Toyah and Julian Sands = No brainer.

Justin101 14th October 2021 01:51 PM

I thought that said Christopher Eccleston and wondered by you never mentioned him :D

I've seen this one around, but my October is already fully booked so I'm not adding a straight to DVD movie on there as well :D maybe next year and I pick it up for £2 in CEX lol

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 661287)
I thought that said Christopher Eccleston and wondered by you never mentioned him :D

I've seen this one around, but my October is already fully booked so I'm not adding a straight to DVD movie on there as well :D maybe next year and I pick it up for £2 in CEX lol

I might watch it tomorrow or just shove it on the 'to-watch' pile. I'm intending on watching either Cat People or Night of the Living Dead (Both Criterion) tonight seeing as they are 'out for delivery'.

The film gets good Amazon reviews, which is cool. It's also two quid dearer than i paid.

MrBarlow 14th October 2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 661285)
A fiver at Asda.

Colin Baker, Toyah and Julian Sands = No brainer.

Did think of picking this up, after the disaster of other British horror film viewing I by passed it . Look forward to seeing your thoughts on this.