Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Paul@TheOverlook 29th June 2011 12:51 PM

I received mine yesterday - gave the disc a spin and must say, the grain in the opening scenes didn't look too bad to my eye. Same goes for the audio - no problems piping it through my set-up, but I understand that there's a specific point that's troublesome? I Will watch the whole thing tonight or later in the week - I watched I SAW THE DEVIL last night, and that's awesome.

platostotal 29th June 2011 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this box in HMV for £25, had to get it.:pop2:

Pete 29th June 2011 01:02 PM

I just had quick look and, like Paul, I think it looks ok and the audio sounds fine.

No doubt I'll be called a kiss ass or whatnot now (because it's against the law to say anything good about Arrow) but the fact is, even if was released by someone else I would have thought the same. I'm just not as anal about these things as some people are.

My only gripe with it is that Arrow have started putting their logo before the film. I hate it when companies do that, It's not like I'm going to forget who released it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th June 2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 161558)
I just had quick look and, like Paul, I think it looks ok and the audio sounds fine.

No doubt I'll be called a kiss ass or whatnot now but the fact is, even if was released by someone else I would have thought the same. I'm just not as anal about these things as some people are.

My only gripe with it is that Arrow have started putting their logo before the film. I hate it when companies do that, It's not like I'm going to forget who released it.

:lol:

Never even noticed the logo before the film really, i would never spot grain.

Paul@TheOverlook 29th June 2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

No doubt I'll be called a kiss ass or whatnot now (because it's against the law to say anything good about Arrow) but the fact is, even if was released by someone else I would have thought the same. I'm just not as anal about these things as some people are.

Hey, I agree but you have to remember that people watch these releases on a variety of different displays. I only have a 46" LCD, but there are people that blow them up via a projector and watch them on screens that are 7'+. I've yet to watch any Blu-ray that looks terrible, though I've seen a lot of mediocre releeases with PQ that's no better than SD DVD.

People shouldn't be called a "kiss ass" if they are genuinely pleased with a particular release but they should remember that other people may, quite literally, see things differently.

platostotal 29th June 2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

The logo thing might be anti-piracy thing, most dupes are done automatically so will include the logo. In the early 90s Korean police raided a factory producing fake snes game carts. Mateys said they were legit but cops opened em up and found a major electrical companies chips inside(not Nintendo) Also logo's are free advertising, they're brainwashing you 'Pete':lol: every time you watch you think "must get more Arrow":lol::lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th June 2011 01:22 PM

Didn't someone say the logo harks back to the pre-cert video days when the film would always be preceded by the distributors logo?

Gojirosan 29th June 2011 01:27 PM

Came home to a package from Eureka - Bad Boy Bubby, Vengeance Is Mine, Paranoiac! and M.

Getting concerned about the continued non-appearance of the BD of Eastern Promises I ordered...

Pete 29th June 2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 161564)
Hey, I agree but you have to remember that people watch these releases on a variety of different displays. I only have a 46" LCD, but there are people that blow them up via a projector and watch them on screens that are 7'+. I've yet to watch any Blu-ray that looks terrible, though I've seen a lot of mediocre releeases with PQ that's no better than SD DVD.

People shouldn't be called a "kiss ass" if they are genuinely pleased with a particular release but they should remember that other people may, quite literally, see things differently.

I only have 42'' LCD and I haven't had a problem with anything yet.

Certainly these things will look different on a bigger screen and whatever flaws they may have will become more apparent and I have no problem with people voicing their displeasure if they don't like it, but I find it annoying that some people are sooo obsessed with looking for flaws (and I'm talking about all blu-rays).

Quote:

I know people see things differently but it gets frustrating when the minute you say something good about an Arrow release you are automatically labeled a 'kiss ass'.

Gojirosan 29th June 2011 01:58 PM

I get telly size envy reading this forum...

:(