Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 01:28 PM

I've just received a shipping confirmation e-mail from Play.com saying Don't Look Now is on its way to me. That'll easily replace the review disc but it will be interesting to see if there are any differences between the review disc and the one in the (recently delayed) set. I also hope the artwork and case is something special.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 162284)
Have you seen Kraken: Tentacles of the Deep? I love that one.

Curses! Another one to the top of the wishlist although I might rent it first. With a title like that, could there anything be there to dislike? I doubt it!

oaxaca 1st July 2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 162285)
I've just received a shipping confirmation e-mail from Play.com saying Don't Look Now is on its way to me. That'll easily replace the review disc but it will be interesting to see if there are any differences between the review disc and the one in the (recently delayed) set. I also hope the artwork and case is something special.

I got that same message from play today :D Really looking forward to it. What a steal it was at £9.49 !!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 01:36 PM

I didn't realise it was Region 1, so I ordered it for the princely sum of £3.37!

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 162292)
I didn't realise it was Region 1, so I ordered it for the princely sum of £3.37!

You won't be disappointed. The effects are pretty good, as is the everpresent cleavage of Victoria Pratt.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 162298)
You won't be disappointed. The effects are pretty good, as is the everpresent cleavage of Victoria Pratt.

The only person who has reviewed it on Amazon gave it one star, but there are some people who just don't appreciate the brilliance of a B-movie.

It'll probably take a week or so to get here and join the list of discs to watch (I still want to watch and review [B]Dinocroc[/B] and Mega Shark versus Crocosaurus to continue my quest to review every decent B-movie around) but I'll let you know what I think of it when I finally find time to put it in the DVD player.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st July 2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 162288)
What a steal it was at £9.49 !!

That was a terrific price for such a superb film and an extremely good BD with sublime AV quality.

Pete 1st July 2011 02:43 PM

Received my NEW YORK RIPPER blu this afternoon. :)

Also got an e-mail from Axel telling me that ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST is on back order with the supplier. Must have sold out pretty quickly.

oaxaca 1st July 2011 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 162305)
Received my NEW YORK RIPPER blu this afternoon. :)

Also got an e-mail from Axel telling me that ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST is on back order with the supplier. Must have sold out pretty quickly.

They shipped ZH to me earlier today... Do you have to wait for a copy now? Thats a bit of sods luck!

Pete 1st July 2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 162307)
They shipped ZH to me earlier today... Do you have to wait for a copy now? Thats a bit of sods luck!

Think so. I don't mind as I have plenty to watch in the meantime :)