Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 151449)
I know how you feel!

I'm trying to impose the rule of 'watching more than I buy' on myself this year, which is actually going quite well at the moment; possibly due to the fact that I've recently joined Love Film!

It'd be great to see a pic of that Hardbox, Nos. :nod:

In the past, when I've been with Lovefilm the number of DVDs/BDs I buy has decreased but, as I'm buying more from overseas or from the trading forum here, renting hasn't really affected purchasing this time.

I'll try and get some pictures of the Don't Panic hardbox up tomorrow.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 151448)
I think it was about $7.95 postage to the UK, Nos.

Still damn cheap though! :nod:

I'm sure it came up as $9.99 and then $11.99 with postage -- I doubt it would make a difference that I used PayPal instead of a credit card as it doesn't usually.

robertzombie 17th May 2011 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today's CEX haul...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertzombie (Post 151524)
Today's CEX haul...

An interesting selection -- quite eclectic! What did they set you back?

PaulD 17th May 2011 08:06 PM

Just bought Inglorious Basterds on bluray on eBay for £4.74! Couldn't resist the upgrade from my Region 1 2-disc dvd (which has the same extras as the bluray)

And there was me saying I'm not buying anymore films this month!

robertzombie 17th May 2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 151536)
An interesting selection -- quite eclectic! What did they set you back?

£8.50 :D

The great thing about that place is you can take a chance on a film and not feel it in the wallet if it turns out to be rubbish :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertzombie (Post 151555)
£8.50 :D

The great thing about that place is you can take a chance on a film and not feel it in the wallet if it turns out to be rubbish :D

You make it sound like a jumble sale for DVDs! I think there's a CEX in town which really gives me two choices:
a) I should start going in as I may stumble across a bargain or two or
b) I should stay away because I have too many unwatched discs as it is

Choices, choices...

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 151579)
You make it sound like a jumble sale for DVDs! I think there's a CEX in town which really gives me two choices:
a) I should start going in as I may stumble across a bargain or two or
b) I should stay away because I have too many unwatched discs as it is

Choices, choices...

option B certainly

If you are like me, space to keep films is now at a premium. I buy films that i really want now, not just any old thing like i used to.
I have 100 + films in stacks on the floor that are in need of housing, you can only shuffle things about so many times in the hope of housing 3 extra films.:(

Actually, i still do buy any old crap, it just can't be helped. :doh:

antmumford 18th May 2011 07:25 AM

I had a 10% off voucher with Zavvi so decided to use it to pre-order Battlefield 3 (I know it's the wrong thread) but thought I'd have a look for some bargain Blu-rays and I managed to get Orphan for only £4.30. Rented this a month back and thought it was fantastic so had to pick it up.

I also had a good discussion at work about childhood favourite films and it reminded me that I wanted The Goonies. Was close to just getting the standard UK one but thought to myself "no this one deserves the special treatment" so I shopped around and just bought the US 25th Anniversary Collectors box set. Now that looks like a package for me. Only cost me £21 on Amazon Brand New, the used ones were all £35 plus. Bargain! :woot:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th May 2011 07:28 AM

Media Blasters' Beyond the Darkness Blu review:

Rock! Shock! Pop! - Beyond The Darkness

Looks good (and a definite upgrade over the DVD). It's in no way perfect, but it looks like Dolph was just trying to cause trouble! ;)