Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Pete 14th May 2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 150672)
Maybe Dolph over at Midnight Legacy received an uncorrected pre-release version? It would also explain why this title has been delayed so many times (it was originally due out the end of last year).

For anyone looking to pick this up, better hang on and I'll let you know how my version is when it arrives (hopefully in the next couple of weeks).

He was talking about a release from another company.

There is history between Dolph and Shriek Show so maybe they sent him a dud copy on purpose? I hope thats the case and the blu is really good but I doubt it.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th May 2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 150677)
He was talking about a release from another company.

There is history between Dolph and Shriek Show so maybe they sent him a dud copy on purpose? I hope thats the case and the blu is really good but I doubt it.

Yeah me too, unfortunately.

I was pretty excited for this release; and MB's forthcoming releases of Burial Ground and Zombie Holocaust... :mmph:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th May 2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 150682)
I was pretty excited for this release; and MB's forthcoming releases of Burial Ground and Zombie Holocaust... :mmph:

Ditto. It seems a real shame if titles like that are given crap Blu-ray releases when the facilities are there to make them essential purchases.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th May 2011 11:44 AM

Great pic Nos.

Whats the release of Attack of the Crab Monsters like, picture and sound ?

Pete 14th May 2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 150648)
Ordered the Blue Underground dvds of Mannaja: A Man Called Blade and Companeros. Really looking forward to see these along with Django Strikes Again, which should be dropping through my post box any day now.

My Spaghetti Western is growing pretty quickly a the moment.

COMPANIEROS is the best of the bunch, the theme song will stay in your head for days.

And this song from MANNAJA is brilliant!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88B_HDyKtH4

Oh and just recevied from Mr Postie:

NIGTMARE BEACH (Lenzi) - Italian dvd
VICE SQUAD - ABUS
CEMETERY MAN - ABUS
2001 - BD
A LONG RIDE FROM HELL - Code Red
MAFIA GODFATHERS COLLECTION - Pop Flix

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th May 2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 150701)
Great pic Nos.

Whats the release of Attack of the Crab Monsters like, picture and sound ?

Attack of the Crab Monsters is, as you'd expect, presented in 1.33:1 with mono sound and looks and sounds pretty good -- it's hardly going to be the most awe-inspiring DVD ever made! However, I'm looking Stateside as I think there's a double bill coming out including Attack of... with restored picture and sound and a commentary. Even so, this UK release can be found dirt cheap and it's such a brilliant film it's definitely worth the money even if the disc has no extra features, not even scene selection.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th May 2011 11:58 AM

Thanks for that.:)

Pete 14th May 2011 08:11 PM

Here is SS's response to a post about it on their Facebook page:

Quote:

It is called different opening sequence. The origianl negative had a different sequence and we could not use the IP that was used for the DVD release cause too much damage. We spent the extra monies and got the new IP done. The release looks alot better and the actual movie looks great. If you love that scene so much you got the DVD.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th May 2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 150842)
Here is SS's response to a post about it on their Facebook page:

Yeah there's a pretty heated debate going on at blu-ray.com between Dolph from ML and John form MB.

This could just be one big pissing contest, but then again Dolph seems like a man who knows what he's talking about, whilst John seems like he's covering for a sub-par release.

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th May 2011 08:20 PM

I only saw the news about Buoi Omega earlier today. Nice to see that SS have explained why the scene isn't on the BD. Not sure who's right though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk