Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

antmumford 21st May 2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 152242)
Nice one Reaps -- I have my eye on the Stanley Kubrick collection which looks to be a fine set.

My copy arrived this morning. Nice set indeed. The films come in a large amaray case and there's a nice hardback book too both housed in a strong slipbox. Can't wait to work my way through these and all the special features

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st May 2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 152272)
My copy arrived this morning. Nice set indeed. The films come in a large amaray case and there's a nice hardback book too both housed in a strong slipbox.k

Very nice. I expected a digipack, but this is even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd May 2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

My copy arrived this morning. Nice set indeed. The films come in a large amaray case and there's a nice hardback book too both housed in a strong slipbox. Can't wait to work my way through these and all the special features

That moves it up several places on my wishlist! It'll probably have to wait until next month whilst I get my finances in order though.

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd May 2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

I just realised that you're probably talking about the UK version. Thought it was a bit strange that it was an amaray case when all the sites said it was book style packaging. My bad.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd May 2011 11:53 AM

I've just a look at the box set contents and I already own
2001: A Space Odyssey
Spartacus
Dr Strangelove and
A Clockwork Orange

so would really only be buying it for the packaging and Lolita, Full Metal Jacket and Barry Lyndon.

I'll probably wait for those 3 to be released individually in Digibooks.

keirarts 22nd May 2011 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tish and fiddlesticks.

All this talk of kubric is a bit too high class for me...

Attachment 9260

This is where its at!!!

Tesco exclusive 7 quid, bugger all in way of extras but who can resist the charms of a movie called swamp shark, especially featuring the legend robert davi!

nekromantik 22nd May 2011 01:14 PM

hmm I created a 2nd account on Sainsburys Entertainment last night and used 20% off to order Supernatural 1 - 5 boxset for £62 but after I thought its still too much as I wont watch it that much. The website stated dispatched in 11 days which would mean they have to order in stock. So I called them this morning and they said it was already shipped out from the warehouse and on the way to sainsburys warehouse in the UK so she cant cancel it. So they will call me tomo she said.

I hope they do cancel it as I dont wanna fork out for delivery to post it back as its a large set so will cost me a fair bit.

nekromantik 24th May 2011 09:28 AM

Just bought Who Can Kill A Child
was meant to be released yesterday but all sites are out of stock.
Must not have got stock in probs.

skankenstoned 24th May 2011 10:45 AM

It's been a couple of months since I posted my purchases so it's quite a list...

AXE (2 disc special edition with Harry Novak art cards)
CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE
LIVING DEAD AT MANCHESTER MORGUE
NIGHTMARE IN A DAMAGED BRAIN
NIGHMARE CITY
THE ZOMBIE DEAD
RATS NIGHT OF TERROR
PSYCHIC KILLER
CREEPOZOIDS
THE HOUSE OF LOST SOULS
A BLADE IN THE DARK
THE HOUSE WITH LAUGHING WINDOWS
NUDE NUNS WITH BIG GUNS
BARE BEHIND BARS
GRINDHOUSE TRAILER CLASSICS 2
NAZI CULT COLLECTION ( ELSA FRAULEIN SS, HELGA SHEWOLF OF STILBERG, SPECIAL TRAIN FOR HITLER, JAILHOUSE WARDRESS, CONVOY OF GIRLS AND NATHALIE RESCUED FROM HELL )
BLAXPLOITATION THE BIG PAYBACK ( TNT JACKSON, THE BLACK GODFATHER, THE BLACK SIX, THE BLACK GESTAPO, BLACK FIST AND GET CHRISTIE LOVE! )

Also picked up a couple of books along the way,

PORTABLE GRINDHOUSE, THE LOST ART OF THE VHS BOX
CINEMA SEWER VOL 1

Told you it was quite a list...

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th May 2011 11:33 AM

Some great pick-ups there, skankenstoned. :nod: