Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

platostotal 17th May 2014 03:27 PM

Was shopping in Tesco and saw they had a dvd clearance, Expendables double was £5 (nice extras on both films too) and HT was only £3 w/slipcase.

http://i61.tinypic.com/34xqfzt.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/2agjd69.jpg

Bringer Of Funerals 17th May 2014 03:47 PM

I'm thinking of ordering the Anime Jormungand: The Complete Season 1

Rondadoronron 17th May 2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 403819)
it runs smoothly but it might be me doesn't really look like a next gen game, its nice looking. but really just seems like a ps3 game very better framerate and resolution, if you compare it to say killzone or infamous second son its no where near them graphically. BUT im enjoy this more than those two. very old school FPS(which is a good thing). it takes nearly 50gb of space and there is also a patch which is around 5gb.

one downside doesn't seem to have any supernatural elements to the game, which the previous games did. its well worth the £40 i paid for it and will keep me amused till watchdogs is out.

nothing more fun than brutally killing nazis!

Cheers trebor,been looking forward to this so thanks.

Argentofan 17th May 2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 403794)
Whats the quality like on these Mya releases Argentofan?

I've no idea, they havent turned up yet. I'll post here when they do and let you know. :)

I have two other mya releases (door into darkness and blade of the ripper) and quality varies.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th May 2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 403838)
I've no idea, they havent turned up yet. I'll post here when they do and let you know. :)

I have two other mya releases (door into darkness and blade of the ripper) and quality varies.

I have those two as well. Ripper is pretty good, but Door is fairly poor. However being a made for tv production it's unlikely we'll ever have a better version.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2014 06:05 PM

I've just preordered this The Toxic Avenger - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th May 2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 403851)

Same here. I've already ordered the standard version (for the different artwork on the reverse).

trebor8273 17th May 2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 403851)

As have I .

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 403852)
Same here. I've already ordered the standard version (for the different artwork on the reverse).

I had already told myself I'd bought enough this month!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2014 07:22 PM

These arrived today:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...pse7aa327a.jpg

bdc 17th May 2014 07:57 PM

More IVL Shaw Brothers dvd's arrived from France.

Will have to seriously curb my spending for the future so I'm enjoying my last splurge...oh well I can seriously concentrate on watching now. :)

Clans of Intrigue - Shaw Brothers Collection (1977)
Facets of Love - Shaw Brothers Collection (1973)
Golden Sword, The - Shaw Brothers Collection (1969)
Heroes of the East - Shaw Brothers Collection (1979)

http://dv1.us/p1/659/030659-d1.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/886/155886-d0.jpg

http://dv1.us/p1/202/055202-d0.jpg http://dv1.us/p1/769/060769-d0.jpg

SCM 18th May 2014 09:29 AM

Picked up king Kong vs Godzilla at asda yesterday.

trebor8273 18th May 2014 03:27 PM

27 Attachment(s)
a great day at the outdoor market picked up all these doctor who dvds from the same stall. mind spent a lot more money than i should of.

JoshuaKaitlyn 18th May 2014 03:33 PM

Over the past week:
Pacific Rim
Elysium
12 Years A Slave

and fancied a few British comedies along the way, (some based on popular 70 sitcoms)
Doctor in the House
Doctor at Sea
Love Thy Neighbour
(wildly un-PC but so what, it made me laugh when I was a kid...and I even named my black cat after Jack Smethurst's catchphrase but was told once by my mum not to shout out the cats name whilst traveling on a bus going through Manchester's Moss Side district!)
Dad's Army
Porridge
Rising Damp

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th May 2014 03:34 PM

If you don't mind me asking what did that little haul set you back Trebor?

trebor8273 18th May 2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 403935)
If you don't mind me asking what did that little haul set you back Trebor?

£89 but would of been more, but got reduction for buying in bulk. but before i went pop into cex and got rid of some unwanted stuff and got £62.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th May 2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 403937)
£89 but would of been more, but got reduction for buying in bulk. but before i went pop into cex and got rid of some unwanted stuff and got £62.

Just over £3 each is a steal. Especially for the box sets and The Web of Fear which has only just been released. Nice one. I didn't know you liked Doctor Who. :)

I bet the dealer packs up and goes home after your visit each week. :lol:

trebor8273 18th May 2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 403939)
Just over £3 each is a steal. Especially for the box sets and The Web of Fear which has only just been released. Nice one. I didn't know you liked Doctor Who. :)

I bet the dealer packs up and goes home after your visit each week. :lol:

He original had the single DVDs at £5 and box sets at £8. But reduced to £3 and £5. First time I have been at this market for a few months. This guy had every DVD by the looks of it and multiply copies. Going next week to see if his there and picking up some more classic who.

Love dr who especially classic who.

platostotal 18th May 2014 03:55 PM

Picked this up in HMV, at £6.99 for 10 hrs of 20 episodes plus features seems quite a bargain, the 8 year old me found this show fantastic back in 68... doubt if it will have same feel now tho:lol:
http://i62.tinypic.com/2qiocpx.jpg

Just imagine if modern soaps had someone like Barnabas Collins as the lead character... Corrie or Eastenders would be so much better:lol:

http://i57.tinypic.com/ztwvn4.jpg

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th May 2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 403932)
a great day at the outdoor market picked up all these doctor who dvds from the same stall. mind spent a lot more money than i should of.

I reckon if you didn't buy a single DVD or BD for an entire month, you'd probably be able to buy yourself a top of the range home entertainment system!

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th May 2014 04:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 403945)
I reckon if you didn't buy a single DVD or BD for an entire month, you'd probably be able to buy yourself a top of the range home

Slight adjustment to Nosferatu's post. :lol:

trebor8273 18th May 2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 403948)

I will end up need someplace that big just to store my DVD/blu ray collection !!

Rondadoronron 18th May 2014 06:03 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

5 Attachment(s)
Look at the size of Ironmasters chopper,and its drippin. To quote peep show
Quote:

Jesus. That's what a man should look like. Those arms. They're amazing. Like boughs of sturdy English oak. My God, if you had them wrapped round you, you'd just feel so safe.

trebor8273 18th May 2014 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Even though I've just bought it on DVD just ordered this. For 4.99 it would be rude not too.

Doctor Who: Spearhead From Space - Special Edition Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Edit

Just preordered this. I can't wait for this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Twin-Peaks-E...rds=twin+peaks

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th May 2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 403948)

I thought of putting the house in my original post, but didn't think my maths were correct!

applecore 19th May 2014 05:09 AM

Godzilla: Showa Classics Volume 1 arrived today! Didn't realise until putting the first disc in my laptop that the Godzilla disc includes both the original Japanese film and the 1956 American re-cut "Godzilla: King of the Monsters!". A pleasant surprise.
What's not a pleasant surprise, however, is that 3 of the discs came loose in transit and one of the plastic bits holding the Godzilla disc in place has broken off. If it were a normal, or a slim case I wouldn't be fussed, but this is a case that holds 6 discs, and is the width of 2 dvd cases. I've not come across one of these before (aside from Showa Classics Volume 2) so I can't exactly just replace it.
Ahh well, I suppose I can always put the Godzilla disc in a plastic wallet inside so it doesn't get scratched.

fuzzymctiger 19th May 2014 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 403984)
Godzilla: Showa Classics Volume 1 arrived today! Didn't realise until putting the first disc in my laptop that the Godzilla disc includes both the original Japanese film and the 1956 American re-cut "Godzilla: King of the Monsters!". A pleasant surprise.
What's not a pleasant surprise, however, is that 3 of the discs came loose in transit and one of the plastic bits holding the Godzilla disc in place has broken off. If it were a normal, or a slim case I wouldn't be fussed, but this is a case that holds 6 discs, and is the width of 2 dvd cases. I've not come across one of these before (aside from Showa Classics Volume 2) so I can't exactly just replace it.
Ahh well, I suppose I can always put the Godzilla disc in a plastic wallet inside so it doesn't get scratched.

The case you're looking for is called a Fatpack. That's what the Madman Boxsets releases call those cases.

applecore 19th May 2014 08:23 AM

That's the one! Was released by Madman, too, under their Eastern Eye branch.
Any idea if they're available to buy blank?

EDIT: Or I could stop being lazy and look myself :P
Hmm. Can only find multipacks of them holding 8+. I'll stick to a plastic wallet for now, then if it happens again (looking to get the Heisei and Millennium series next) I'll replace. Cheers for the info!

fuzzymctiger 19th May 2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by applecore (Post 403990)
That's the one! Was released by Madman, too, under their Eastern Eye branch.
Any idea if they're available to buy blank?

EDIT: Or I could stop being lazy and look myself :P
Hmm. Can only find multipacks of them holding 8+. I'll stick to a plastic wallet for now, then if it happens again (looking to get the Heisei and Millennium series next) I'll replace. Cheers for the info!

DVD Case Super Clear FAT Pack Holds 7 Discs 6PACK | eBay

These are the smallest ones I could find, that appear to be fat packs

But if they are similar to the ones I have, then you should be able to remove or swap the disc trays inside

Nordicdusk 19th May 2014 09:35 AM

What's female prisoner scorpion trilogy like. Hope I said that right :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th May 2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 403993)
What's female prisoner scorpion trilogy like. Hope I said that right :lol:

They are some of the finest Women in Prison films ever made and compulsory viewing if you like WIP movies and exploitation cinema.

Nordicdusk 19th May 2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 403994)
They are some of the finest Women in Prison films ever made and compulsory viewing if you like WIP movies and exploitation cinema.

Cheers Nos think I just got a great deal from a seller I regularly buy from.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th May 2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 403995)
Cheers Nos think I just got a great deal from a seller I regularly buy from.

If it's the Eureka boxset, I've just looked at Amazon and am amazed at the prices people are asking. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

Nordicdusk 19th May 2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 403996)
If it's the Eureka boxset, I've just looked at Amazon and am amazed at the prices people are asking. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

Yes it's that boxset I got it for €14 posted.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th May 2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 403997)
Yes it's that boxset I got it for €14 posted.

That's a great price for such a good boxset.

Nordicdusk 19th May 2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 403998)
That's a great price for such a good boxset.

I'm delighted with it now. Looking forward to watching them.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th May 2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 403999)
I'm delighted with it now. Looking forward to watching them.

I should really find mine and re-watch the films.

applecore 19th May 2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 403992)
DVD Case Super Clear FAT Pack Holds 7 Discs 6PACK | eBay

These are the smallest ones I could find, that appear to be fat packs

But if they are similar to the ones I have, then you should be able to remove or swap the disc trays inside

Didn't think of that! Thanks!
I hope I won't need to buy them, but it's good to know they're out there should I need to.

trebor8273 19th May 2014 10:54 AM

4 Attachment(s)
these turned up today and ordered the two dr who's from zavvi

Argentofan 19th May 2014 02:43 PM

Nosferatu blu ray turned up and I pre ordered the twin peaks blu ray (of course)