Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Argentofan 22nd October 2010 04:02 PM

Nice on Pmonkey :D

Today I bought Nightmare In A Damaged Brain, Maniac, Run Bitch Run, All The Boys Love Mandy Lane and Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

pedromonkey 22nd October 2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 109390)
Nice on Pmonkey :D

Today I bought Nightmare In A Damaged Brain, Maniac, Run Bitch Run, All The Boys Love Mandy Lane and Wes Craven's New Nightmare.

Run Bitch Run was great fun, New Nightmare is clever film, not seen Damaged Brain and Maniac was a bit of a let down, however All The Boys love Mandy Lane is one of the worst films i have ever seen, absolute garbage, hope you didn't pay much for it dude...

Argentofan 22nd October 2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 109467)
Run Bitch Run was great fun, New Nightmare is clever film, not seen Damaged Brain and Maniac was a bit of a let down, however All The Boys love Mandy Lane is one of the worst films i have ever seen, absolute garbage, hope you didn't pay much for it dude...

I had it free technically, it's 3 for £10 or £5 each on cardiff market. :D I watched it earlier, it was pretty rubbish, plus the DVD was faulty and the last half hour didn't play properly. Damaged Brain was only a pound too, it looks pretty good, I had it in the video nasties boxset but I wanted it in it's own case.

pedromonkey 22nd October 2010 09:58 PM

good good, never baught any dvds from cardiff market, their prices seem a bit too high for pre-owned dvds. There's a shop by me that sells loads of dvds which is where i get a lot of mine, next time i pop into town i'll have a browse...

Argentofan 22nd October 2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 109470)
good good, never baught any dvds from cardiff market, their prices seem a bit too high for pre-owned dvds. There's a shop by me that sells loads of dvds which is where i get a lot of mine, next time i pop into town i'll have a browse...

There isn't much there horror wise anymore, I've bought everything I wanted off him except maybe Shivers and Rabid.
Which shop is that by you mate? I buy quite alot from my local cash gen.

mbv 22nd October 2010 10:11 PM

Picked up the amazing Back to the future bluray trilogy collectors tin edition for the missus' birthday. She's still drooling over it.

pedromonkey 22nd October 2010 10:12 PM

it's called D'vynal Records and he does 3 for a tenner at the moment, he has an entire section for horror but you have to look hard for some decent stuff, the guy who owns it keeps a lot of stuff aside for me to browse when i pop in. The Cash gen by me sucks, the dvds they stock are all crap and only now and then will i find anything of any merrit, the good thing for me is that i work for blockbuster so kind of get first dibs on a lot of our trade titles. Ive picked up alot of bargains there...

Argentofan 22nd October 2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 109474)
it's called D'vynal Records and he does 3 for a tenner at the moment, he has an entire section for horror but you have to look hard for some decent stuff, the guy who owns it keeps a lot of stuff aside for me to browse when i pop in. The Cash gen by me sucks, the dvds they stock are all crap and only now and then will i find anything of any merrit, the good thing for me is that i work for blockbuster so kind of get first dibs on a lot of our trade titles. Ive picked up alot of bargains there...

Oh I know where that is, in Cathays?
My cash gen get some good stuff every now and again. That's cool about blockbusters, I'd love to live in a blockbusters or HMV or something.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd October 2010 10:02 AM

Some might consider this a horror film, just ordered the Italian special edition dvd of Hudson Hawk starring Bruce Willis (prefered the artwork to the region 1 disc). I think it's safe to say that the film could also go on my guilty pleasures list. :nod:

pedromonkey 23rd October 2010 11:06 AM

Hudson Hawk, Bruce Willis's Ego on screen, enjoyable enough film though...

Argentofan 23rd October 2010 01:04 PM

Just bought:

Phantom Of The Opera (Argento)
Door Into Darkness
Black Belly Of The Tarantula
Pieces
Shock
House By The Cemetery
A Blade In The Dark
Don't Torture A Duckling
Jennifer (MoH)
Eyes Of Crystal

for my birthday. :clap:

bdc 23rd October 2010 04:09 PM

Happy b-day! :party:

Some great choices there,although I'm not so sure about Phantom... ;)

Argentofan 23rd October 2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 109533)
Happy b-day! :party:

Some great choices there,although I'm not so sure about Phantom... ;)

Ah it's not till November 8th, but this way I should get them all by then! ;) But thanks!

Haha, I only got Phantom to attempt to finish off my Dario collection, I've never seen it, but I've heard it's really bad.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd October 2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 109508)
Hudson Hawk, Bruce Willis's Ego on screen, enjoyable enough film though...

Certainly is. Not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Willis and Danny Aiello singing Swinging On A Star..... I can never help but sing along. :lol:

re.form 23rd October 2010 08:19 PM

Christine
The Last Horror Movie

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd October 2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 109518)
Just bought:

Phantom Of The Opera (Argento)
Door Into Darkness
Black Belly Of The Tarantula
Pieces
Shock
House By The Cemetery
A Blade In The Dark
Don't Torture A Duckling
Jennifer (MoH)
Eyes Of Crystal

for my birthday. :clap:

Happy pre-birthday!

Nice pick-ups there (although you're right about Argento's Phantom; it is bad - I still enjoy it in some respects, though).

Argentofan 23rd October 2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 109578)
Happy pre-birthday!

Nice pick-ups there (although you're right about Argento's Phantom; it is bad - I still enjoy it in some respects, though).

Cheers!

Ah, I'll still give it a go. I'll watch anything dario related atleast once. Who knows, I might even like it!

bdc 23rd October 2010 08:41 PM

Got these today... :)
All cheapos...

http://a.dv1.us/p1/312/124312-d1.jpg http://c.dv1.us/p1/099/131099-d0.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7138/101886prev.jpg

bdc 24th October 2010 04:37 PM

Just watched The Chronicles of Riddick on bd...
I didn't like what they did with that "director's cut" at all.
This will have to go.:rolleyes:
I'll get the US bd which also has the original theatrical version.
Looks great though...

wongfeihung62 24th October 2010 08:23 PM

Picked up RUN LOLA RUN and KILL ZONE, with Donnie Yen both for £10.00 from CEX.

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th October 2010 11:53 AM

Picked up a few discs today in Glasgow before heading home from last nights Sinister Sunday Of Shock at the GFT (where I also got a copy of Arrow's dvd of The Funhouse signed by Tobe Hooper)

Picked up...

The Shameless re-release of Torso with the reversible cover
Timecop BD
Jaguar Lives (which I managed to nab in HMV Argyle Street after blabbing to Reaper that they had one copy in the HMV store round the corner from the GFT and thinking I wouldn't find another copy. :eek:

gag 25th October 2010 12:08 PM

Just bought metrodomes uncut last house on the left for £3

Stephen@Cult Labs 25th October 2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 109760)
Just bought metrodomes uncut last house on the left for £3

Cha-Ching! bargain.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th October 2010 12:26 PM

My special edition of the Alien Anthology arrived this morning when the postman knocked on the front door at a couple of minutes past 7 AM! I think it was worth considering how cool the packaging is and how good the AV quality is supposed to be.

I'll need to find time to watch all four films plus all the hours of extra material now, which is going to be easy when you consider the sheer number of unwatched discs I have.

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/w...ewer/Alien.jpg

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th October 2010 06:31 PM

How cool is that?:cool: :clap:

Went to ASDA today to get the ALIEN BD Box-but no joy!:mmph:

Ended up leaving with the remake of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST remake on BD instead!:rolleyes:

This has a LOT to live up to......

bdc 25th October 2010 07:04 PM

Very nice Nosferatu! :thumb:

Gigantor 25th October 2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 109810)

Ended up leaving with the remake of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST remake on BD instead!:rolleyes:

Hope you kept the receipt

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th October 2010 10:22 PM

You went for the Alien Anthology, which includes two of the greatest sci-fi films of the 20th century and came away with a reportedly god awful remake of one of the finest horror films of the 1980s, if not the whole century! Was it a case of going in and not wanting to come away empty handed?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th October 2010 11:45 PM

Wish I had.I've just watched it.
Jesus,when will they learn?

gag 26th October 2010 04:06 AM

I detest remakes to be honest, .
But you got to give benefit of the doubt and watch them because you always get the odd 1 here and there that are good. but over 90% want to make you turn them off half way and scream, why why why do we torture our self watching such crap

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th October 2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 109853)
Wish I had.I've just watched it.
Jesus,when will they learn?

They'll stop making them when people stop watching them which, let's face it, isn't really going to happen.

thundercrack 26th October 2010 09:14 AM

I've just watched the Ozploitation film Stone which was good and I have ordered the Australian 2-disc DVD release of Not Quite Hollywood.

Argentofan 26th October 2010 03:28 PM

I've been watching a 100 scariest moments tv show and made a list of what I fancied.
So today I picked up the original "When A Stranger Calls" even thought the tv show gave away the ending!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th October 2010 06:35 PM

Picked up Carlito's Way and the ALIEN Anthology today!:woot:

antmumford 27th October 2010 12:00 PM

Yesterday I bought the Back To The Future Trilogy: Limited Collector's Edition Tin and watched the first one last night. The picture quality actually blew me away. I was astounded. Now this is what Blu-ray was designed for, making classic older films look like they were filmed yesterday.

Can't wait to get home later and watch the other 2 films, then work my way through all the Special Features.
Then I'll watch all the films again but with the trivia tracks on so I can learn about them as I watch too.

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th October 2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundercrack (Post 109872)
I have ordered the Australian 2-disc DVD release of Not Quite Hollywood.

Really enjoyed this when it was shown on tv. Need to get around to buying it at some point.

Just bought BU's dvd of Black Belly Of The Tarantula for £6 from ebay.

bdc 27th October 2010 07:59 PM

Not a film but just ordered Hustle seasons 1-5
Never seen season 5,any good?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th October 2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 110124)
Really enjoyed this when it was shown on tv. Need to get around to buying it at some point.

Just bought BU's dvd of Black Belly Of The Tarantula for £6 from ebay.

Black Belly is a good 'un.:nod:

Great actor,Inspector Patzi from Hannibal...;)

Ordered my MANIAC BD-Playusa finally have it in stock.:woot:

Wish to hell someone bar Amazon U.S. Would get Severin's PSYCHOMANIA in stock though.:mmph:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th October 2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundercrack (Post 109872)
I've just watched the Ozploitation film Stone which was good and I have ordered the Australian 2-disc DVD release of Not Quite Hollywood.

Stone is class.
Love the old Ozploitation....:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th October 2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 110128)
Wish to hell someone bar Amazon U.S. Would get Severin's PSYCHOMANIA in stock though.:mmph:

Your Uncle Stephen will keep you right.....

DVDWorldUSA.com :: Psychomania