Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

re.form 2nd December 2010 09:21 PM

Raiders of Atlantis
2019, After the fall of New York

The 4th Fella 2nd December 2010 09:23 PM

Hunters Of The Golden Cobra - (David Warbeck)
Formula For A Murder - (David Warbeck)
The Haunting Of Molly Hartley - (Haley Bennett)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd December 2010 10:46 PM

I thought you would have those two titles already, bizarre_eye -- don't you have all of the Shameless DVDs?

Although I've had it on pre-order for what seems like months, the last thing I have bought (charge when shipped) is the special edition of Inception.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd December 2010 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 115248)
I thought you would have those two titles already, bizarre_eye -- don't you have all of the Shameless DVDs?

Nope. Not including the above titles, I'm now missing only two - New York Ripper and Who Saw Her Die?

It's taken me a while to pick up a few of the titles, as for me they're duplicates - but I still want to get the first 20 'spinebuilder' set.

I don't think I'll bother getting the SE re-release of NYR, although I may get the Blu.

bdc 3rd December 2010 10:40 AM

Just arrived... :dance:

Il gatto dal viso d'uomo (2009) (R2,Oh My Gore!) Limited Digi (1000) / English friendly
Blackaria (2009) (R2,Le Chat Qui Fume) + Soundtrack CD / Unconfirmed

More info in the giallo chat thread. ;)

sam-glasgore 3rd December 2010 04:36 PM

I just bought this recently and loved it, if you like this review please subscribe to my channel:

YouTube - Blu-Ray Review - Spirits of the Dead

Sam 3rd December 2010 07:05 PM

Last couple of DVDs I bought were:

Trauma (Tartan)
Basil/No Way Home- bought for No Way Home as it's from the same director as Combat Shock, which I really enjoyed

Argentofan 4th December 2010 02:39 PM

Macabre
House By The Cemetery
Tango And Cash
Suspiria (really needed to upgrade my old nouveaux one)
Last House On The Left Remake

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th December 2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 115386)
Macabre
House By The Cemetery
Tango And Cash
Suspiria (really needed to upgrade my old nouveaux one)
Last House On The Left Remake

A nice selection there Argentofan. :thumb:

Just back from Asda, where I finally picked up a copy of The Norman Wisdom Collecton. Altogether now............. "Mr Grimsdale!!!!!"

nekromantik 4th December 2010 03:54 PM

I just got told im getting Avatar Extended Edition Steelbook from Korea as a xmas gift.
Woo!!
Although the film is meh the actual steely is stunning!! And the extras are meant to be very good too.

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/1487/avatarce1.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3832/avatarce2.jpg

Sargento 4th December 2010 04:12 PM

That is nice Nek! Although I think the standard release is long enuff for me! Not too bothered about the intricacies of Smurf sex!

:lol:

Have you seen how much the bootlegs of the 3D version are going for on ebay?

:eek:

nekromantik 4th December 2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115404)
That is nice Nek! Although I think the standard release is long enuff for me! Not too bothered about the intricacies of Smurf sex!

Have you seen how much the bootlegs of the 3D version are going for on ebay?

:eek:

yup
The Panasonic 3D exclusives in the US are selling for $329 on ebay but at least they official. Reviews for it say it looks amazing in 3D and shows off what the tech can really do.

Sargento 4th December 2010 04:15 PM

Hi have had a look at it in local Curries and it really does look good .. not as much flicker neither compared to other releases I have had a look at.

nekromantik 4th December 2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115406)
Hi have had a look at it in local Curries and it really does look good .. not as much flicker neither compared to other releases I have had a look at.

shame u cant get a decent 3D tv for less then £1100. :eek:

Sargento 4th December 2010 04:23 PM

Its not just the TV tho is it Nek? You need the player, compatible amp I guess and at least 2 pairs of specs .. nearing £2K

Pana should not have been allowed exclusivity of Av ... just made it more appealling for dealers on ebay to rip off people.

nekromantik 4th December 2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115408)
Its not just the TV tho is it Nek? You need the player, compatible amp I guess and at least 2 pairs of specs .. nearing £2K

Pana should not have been allowed exclusivity of Av ... just made it more appealling for dealers on ebay to rip off people.

Well most 3D tv's come with 2 pairs of glasses anyway and they doing deals with free 3D bluray player if u buy a TV. If you got a PS3 then it can play 3D blu's but only limitation is you cant have java content while watching 3D but that only affects things like interactive modes which give u info while watching the movie.

Amps dont need to be 3D compatible as 3D blus use same HD sound as standard blu's.

Sargento 4th December 2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 115410)

Amps dont need to be 3D compatible as 3D blus use same HD sound as standard blu's.

Hmmmm not sure my Onkyo is compatible with 3D ... TX-SR507.

nekromantik 4th December 2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115411)
Hmmmm not sure my Onkyo is compatible with 3D ... TX-SR507.

It should be as its got HDMI input and it can decode DTS master audio etc.
3D bluray players output sound in the same way as normal bluray. Only difference between 3D and normal is the picture being sent as 2 images. One for left and other for right and then your glasses sync with the TV.

Sargento 4th December 2010 04:40 PM

Nah Nek, the amp has to be HDMI 1.4 compatible for 3D pass-thru ... which mine isn't :(

Still a terrific amp tho, but I am in no way gonna upgrade this again as I have just done it for BD ... grrrrr!

:mmph:

nekromantik 4th December 2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115414)
Nah Nek, the amp has to be HDMI 1.4 compatible for 3D pass-thru ... which mine isn't :(

Still a terrific amp tho, but I am in no way gonna upgrade this again as I have just done it for BD ... grrrrr!

:mmph:

PS3 dont support HDMI 1.4 only 1.3 so 3D on PS3 and your amp should work fine.

Sargento 4th December 2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 115415)
PS3 dont support HDMI 1.4 only 1.3 so 3D on PS3 and your amp should work fine.

Hmm that is interesting! But its not the player, its the pass thru on the amp that matters Nek. Not gonna shell out until I know for sure mate..... My amp has since been reduced a lot so I think that home cinema fans are now moving onto HDMI 1.4 Onkyo amps.

nekromantik 4th December 2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115416)
Hmm that is interesting! But its not the player, its the pass thru on the amp that matters Nek. Not gonna shell out until I know for sure mate..... My amp has since been reduced a lot so I think that home cinema fans are now moving onto HDMI 1.4 Onkyo amps.

Yeah so if the player is 1.3 like the PS3 is then and your amp is 1.3 then there is no issue only when the player is 1.4 and the amp is 1.3 will you have issues as the player is sending out 1.4 based data and your amp cant accept it. :) The PS3 has only had a firmware update, the hardware is the same so if your amp worked with PS3 then it will still work as the hardware has not changed.

Sargento 4th December 2010 05:06 PM

Not got a PS3 Nek

:dance:

I have a Sharp BD player

nekromantik 4th December 2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115418)
Not got a PS3 Nek

:dance:

I have a Sharp BD player

ah then your all outta luck.
No other players can be upgraded to 3D.

Sargento 4th December 2010 05:10 PM

I think it will be a PS3 further down the line ... ssssssh, don't tell my Wii though mate!

:shocked:

nekromantik 4th December 2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115422)
I think it will be a PS3 further down the line ... ssssssh, don't tell my Wii though mate!

:shocked:

ha ha

I dont like the Wii. think its a fad but thats for another discussion :p

oaxaca 4th December 2010 05:19 PM

Bought:

Arrow's DAWN OF THE DEAD
Cine-Excess' SUSPIRIA
Warner's THE SHINING

Can't wait to see them!

re.form 4th December 2010 07:21 PM

Blood Feast 2
Dracula AD 1972
Twice Dead
The Black Room

Sargento 4th December 2010 09:29 PM

Just ordered

Monster Man

From ebay .. heard many good things .. and it was on £1.65 inc postage. Surely can't be that bad.

pedromonkey 4th December 2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115456)
Just ordered

Monster Man

From ebay .. heard many good things .. and it was on £1.65 inc postage. Surely can't be that bad.

Monster Man is a fun gory horror well worth the money you paid.

Hammer time 5th December 2010 12:37 AM

Have bird with the crystal plumage blu on the way from axelmusic,also been buying R1 dvds off ebay
Vamp-AB £4
New york ripper-AB £4.10
Zombi 2-shriek show £7
Driller killer-cult epics £3
Dolls-Mgm £4.20
Howling 2-Mgm £2,99

Sargento 5th December 2010 11:06 AM

Some good buys there Hammer.

I have been looking for Dolls for a good price and you beat me to it mate.

I have just bought Shriek Show's Zombie 2 and 3 off ebay too ... £11.99 for both which I think is a good price.

Sargento 5th December 2010 02:41 PM

After being stuck in after all the ice and snow, I managed to get out today. Yey!

Treated myself

Kick Ass (Blu)
Star Trek (Remake) (Blu)
Black Christmas 1974 (Tartan Grindhouse) DVD
Bought a few of these sealed and cheap. So if anyone is wanting one, drop me a line. Would gladly trade.

Sam 5th December 2010 09:15 PM

Ordered:

The Willies - R1
Hana-bi - R2

nekromantik 5th December 2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 115513)
After being stuck in after all the ice and snow, I managed to get out today. Yey!

Treated myself

Kick Ass (Blu)
Star Trek (Remake) (Blu)
Black Christmas 1974 (Tartan Grindhouse) DVD Bought a few of these sealed and cheap. So if anyone is wanting one, drop me a line. Would gladly trade.

wait till you pop that into your br player and be amazed!!
Imo its one of the best Bds released so far. Really shows what BD can do. That along with The Dark Knight.

Sargento 6th December 2010 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 115607)
wait till you pop that into your br player and be amazed!!
Imo its one of the best Bds released so far. Really shows what BD can do. That along with The Dark Knight.

Only has DD TrueHD though which I am a little disappointed in! Will give it a spin and annoy the neighbours! HUMPH!!!!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th December 2010 12:40 PM

Dolby TrueHD is a very good sound encoding and is virtually the equal of DTS-HD Master Audio (they are both lossless) but neither are the equal of a LPCM 7.1 uncompressed track

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th December 2010 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 115073)
The Shinjuku Incident - Crime drama with Jackie Chan, I really enjoyed this, great performance from Chan in one of the most serious roles I've seen him in.

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...uBlu-ray3D.gif

I know I've asked before, but does anyone have a copy Of the BD that looks like the one below? It has a strange effect over Jackie Chan and I don't know if there are a few copies with the cover like this, or if mine is just a weird printing anomoly.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8388/img1045d.jpg

antmumford 6th December 2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 115681)
I know I've asked before, but does anyone have a copy Of the BD that looks like the one below? It has a strange effect over Jackie Chan and I don't know if there are a few copies with the cover like this, or if mine is just a weird printing anomoly.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8388/img1045d.jpg

To be honest I've never noticed it on mine but I'll have a check when I get home and will let you know, I think you may have had some misprint copy :s

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th December 2010 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 115687)
To be honest I've never noticed it on mine but I'll have a check when I get home and will let you know, I think you may have had some misprint copy :s

Cheers ant. If it turns out to be the only one, people will say its unique but Its annoying. :lol: