Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

PaulD 24th August 2011 06:18 PM

Cheers Demdike. Having a look on Amazon at the others. Will probbaly get a few of the ones you mentioned - they're usually under a fiver on Amazon which is pretty good value.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th August 2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 176551)
Cheers Demdike. Having a look on Amazon at the others. Will probbaly get a few of the ones you mentioned - they're usually under a fiver on Amazon which is pretty good value.

I bought the War collection as they are all Italian war movies. The transfers are all terrible, often too dark to make anything out. Steer well wide of that one if you see it.

napalm-in-the-morning 25th August 2011 04:04 PM

I find most cult film boxed set purchasing is a case of lucky dip in terms of quality. So many seem to be VHS rips. Best cheap set I bought recently was the B movie campaign set with Slugs, the Stuff, Spiders, Creature, etc. Really cheap and a few Anchor Bay versions. Only paid around £12 Inc delivery.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th August 2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalm-in-the-morning (Post 176730)
I find most cult film boxed set purchasing is a case of lucky dip in terms of quality. So many seem to be VHS rips. Best cheap set I bought recently was the B movie campaign set with Slugs, the Stuff, Spiders, Creature, etc. Really cheap and a few Anchor Bay versions. Only paid around £12 Inc delivery.

Its a nice set that one.:)

napalm-in-the-morning 25th August 2011 04:38 PM

Yes, would recommend it! Spiders is great fun, fx in nearly every scene and a ridiculous amount of goo and slaughter. I am a sucker for spider / ravenous insect films and wonder if anyone has a list of "must see" titles?

Baseball Fury 25th August 2011 05:00 PM

I thought the monologue in JCVD was the best bit!

I've preordered the very Apple-esque Silent Running BD steelbook from Amazon, £12.99, bargain.

I'm off to Devon tonight, anyone know any decent places in or around Exmouth for secondhand DVD etc?

platostotal 25th August 2011 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got this off my mate, I was round his place and he goes "you got a blu-ray?" I go "yeah" and he says "you can have this if you want, no good to me", cool. He bought a box of discs at a car-boot for £7 and this was in it, he hasn't got a Blu. Ended up making the tea, bargain:lol:(might just pop down to car-boots) in fact, anybody here car-boot for bargains?

Rik 25th August 2011 05:17 PM

Nice one, all people seem to sell at my local car boot sale is crap they want rid of. Only thing of any relevance I've bought before now was an old book on horror films that my mates older brother used to scare us with when we were kids, for 50p too!

The boat can leave now, tell the crew

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th August 2011 05:51 PM

I've pre-ordered the Limited Edition Triple Play Blu-ray of Senna, the one which comes with production notes, for £17.85 from base.com.

This morning, the postman delivered Nowhere Boy, Tora! Tora! Tora! and The Ghost.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th August 2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 176765)
I've pre-ordered the Limited Edition Triple Play Blu-ray of Senna, the one which comes with production notes, for £17.85 from base.com.

This morning, the postman delivered Nowhere Boy, Tora! Tora! Tora! and The Ghost.

When I started reading your post I was under the assumption that you had ordered the one with the car! :shocked:

I've also pre-ordered the same version of Senna, and the upcoming US BD of Dressed to Kill:

http://b.dv1.us/p1/315/168315-d1.jpg

Plus, my BFI BD of Herostratus arrived today. :happy: