Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 10th September 2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 180131)
there's a second hand dvd shop around the corner from me, they do dvds for 4.99 or 3 for £10.00, i pretty much by most of my dvds from there.

It's where most of my shameless titles have come from too

Ah right, I thought you'd found a secret bargain shop online that I hadn't seen. Most of mine come from ebay or CEX these days.

platostotal 10th September 2011 04:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
As my Poundshop had sweet FA, I took a gander thru Cash Gen's dvds, now I'm not a big fan of LOTR(gasps of horror) but even a skinflint like me couldn't say no to this lot in a 4 for £5 deal, the LOTRs are all 2 disc and look new and the LA CONFIDENTIAL is the single disc SE with an isolated music track(complete with a bloody snapper case:lol:)

Rik 10th September 2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 180140)
As my Poundshop had sweet FA, I took a gander thru Cash Gen's dvds, now I'm not a big fan of LOTR(gasps of horror) but even a skinflint like me couldn't say no to this lot in a 4 for £5 deal, the LOTRs are all 2 disc and look new and the LA CONFIDENTIAL is the single disc SE with an isolated music track(complete with a bloody snapper case:lol:)

Only seen the first one, and I fell asleep during it

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th September 2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 180128)
just picked up these....

Slaughter High - Arrow
Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue - ABUK
El Topo - Tarten

all for a tenner....go me! bargain hunter supreme....

Two great films, and Slaughter High.

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 180140)

I'm stunned you don't already own LA Confidential Plato. A modern day classic.

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th September 2011 05:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
After yesterdays first new dvd in two weeks, today was a positive deluge.

platostotal 10th September 2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 180148)
Two great films, and Slaughter High.

I'm stunned you don't already own LA Confidential Plato. A modern day classic.

I had it on dvdr off freeview, as I said I'm a bit of a 'skinflint':lol:. Since joining here tho I realize I should upgrade whenever my wallet allows me to.

platostotal 10th September 2011 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 180143)
Only seen the first one, and I fell asleep during it

Snap:lol: but at that price I'll give em a shot.

Rik 10th September 2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 180152)
Since joining here tho I realize I should upgrade whenever my wallet allows me to.

I'm the same, I joined about 2 years ago and never really came on here until I found an app for my iphone to let me post, since then I'm on here all the bloody time and my film collection increases nearly everyday. It's safe to say that this forum is like AA meetings, Hi, my names Rik and I'm a Filmcollectorholic :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th September 2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 180157)
I'm the same, I joined about 2 years ago and never really came on here until I found an app for my iphone to let me post, since then I'm on here all the bloody time and my film collection increases nearly everyday. It's safe to say that this forum is like AA meetings, Hi, my names Rik and I'm a Filmcollectorholic :lol:

But aren't AA meetings meant to stop your cravings?

This forum is as much use as a chocolate fireguard if thats the case. :doh:

sawyer6 10th September 2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 180154)
Snap:lol: but at that price I'll give em a shot.

The lord of the rings saga milked from me a lot of money.I have every soundtrack 3 times each ,the theatrical versions dvds,the extended gift set versions dvds,the theatrical versions bd and I'm thinking for the extended bd box set when the price drops.Consider that I found the adaptation of the books (minus the first) awful :rolleyes: