Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd December 2012, 06:38 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Some of Blockbuster's prices seem reasonable though. It does surprise me that the savings that HMV make with online retailing can't be transferred in some way to the high street though although I don't know much about such things admittedly. Judging from the hectic carnage i witnessed the other day I suspect HMV make a great deal of their revenue on overpriced goods from the last minute disorganised Christmas shoppers
I think its important for companies to look at the market and move with the times, you may be right about the disorganised shoppers, but some of the prices i've seen and heard are crazy. Credit where its due to BB management they have been trying to mould the business model to fit the changing times, but things are not what they once were on the high street and may never be that way again.
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default big green and scaly

latest purchases are

Gamera: War of the Monsters Collection

Godzilla Collection

81KvupukyaL._AA1500_.jpgJUL122224.jpg
Old 24th December 2012, 12:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

After a month and 3 days, my last 2 items from my Arrow order, before the sale, have finally arrived the day before Christmas!!

Not to happy about the postie wedging it between the fence posts though
bdc likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 24th December 2012, 05:54 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
After a month and 3 days, my last 2 items from my Arrow order, before the sale, have finally arrived the day before Christmas!!

Not to happy about the postie wedging it between the fence posts though
A friend of mine found the parcel containing his new curtains in the wheelie bin on saturday!
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 24th December 2012, 05:56 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
latest purchases are

Gamera: War of the Monsters Collection

Godzilla Collection

Attachment 94516Attachment 94517
might have to pick that gamera set up. I have the first film on the toho collection and the 3 modern releases on the spiffy looking mill creek blus.
Old 24th December 2012, 05:59 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Apparently, the delay to me receiving my order is the fact that one of the films I ordered has not yet been released

Please, can someone tell me which of the following is a 'pre-release order', and not yet available:

The Deadly Spawn
The Man with the Severed Head
Two Evil Eyes
Frankenhooker
Surf Nazis Must Die
The Beyond
Super Bitch
Night Child
Combat Shock

Thought so!

VERY ANGRY
EARLY MORNING RANT!

The above e-information, about my order not being sent out due to a title being 'not yet released', was sent to me in an e-mail on Friday (Dec 21st). However, late last night, I received a message that reads:

"Hi there,
Thanks for your email.
I am sorry but your order was a little delayed due to overwhelming demand but is on its way now.
It was dispatched on 20th December by 1st class post.
Please allow 5 working days for delivery at this time of year.
Kind regards
Nicole"

Is this simply a case of left-hand-not-knowing-what-the-right-is-doing, is it a honest mistake, or is it a blatant lie?

I now have a real problem - do I waste the whole day, staying in, hoping that the postie will actually bring this order, or do I go into town to do some shopping (including getting some food for the animals to last them over the next few days), worrying that if the postman DOES come when I am out, I will have to wait until Friday at the earliest before I can get to the sorting office to pick my films up!

Incidentally, the e-mail I received yesterday didn't actually let me know the title of the pre-order I have. Bearing in mind this was sent out at 10:40pm on a Sunday night, I am starting to think that all the notes that are being sent are automated, instead of actually coming from someone in person

Rant over - for the time being at least!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th December 2012, 08:12 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

As the 20th was the last day First class post was guaranteed to arrive before Christmas, it might be worth staying in and waiting. However, parcels are often delivered at different times from the regular mail and, from my experience, can come any time from 7:10am to 8:30pm, so make sure you have plenty to do around the house.

However, if it is a real choice between risking your animals die of starvation or risking missing the delivery, I'd go out and buy some animal food!
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 24th December 2012, 09:12 AM
Cult Addict

I prefer buying stuff in an actual shop. And don't mind paying a little more sometimes to just have it now. I lack the patience to wait on the postman. Granted some of HMVs prices really are absurd, 25 to 30 quid for older films on DVD is just daft. But what really lets them down is the lack of damn stock. Hammer blu's? They did have one copy of Quatermass, at twenty quid. Eureka? Forget it. Do seem to keep a few of the Shameless discs though. Arrow?? Who?
Old 24th December 2012, 10:14 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
Any chance you could let us good folks know what the PQ is like on They Live,Mr Reaps ????????

Watched it yesterday mate.
As always Scream Factory have done a fantastic job!
Worth every coin.

I watched Carpenter's THE FOG on my German BD straight after it,and whilst the daytime scenes look incredible,the night scenes are often dark and murky,forcing me to turn the pic setting to 'dynamic' to see what was going on.

Either that or the hangover was worse than I thought!
VicDakin likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 24th December 2012, 10:36 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Finally some stuff,just in time still no ZFE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00205.jpg (99.1 KB, 13 views)
VicDakin, bdc, Pete and 7 others like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!