All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th April 2015, 09:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
That must be a joke, right? How could you possibly replace Robert Shaw, Roy Scheider and Richard Dreyfuss? Also, how could you possibly replace Steven Spielberg as director, and John Williams' classic score? It's like trying to remake The Magnificent Seven or The Great Escape, with their brilliant casts, scores, etc. It can't be done IMO.
well here what i found sorry to disappoint you.

Great escape.

The Great Escape remake planned by BBC - Telegraph

The Reel Scoop: A Movement for an A-List Remake of WWII Epic ‘The Great Escape’

dont know if this old news or not but looks like it because on top of one of the links the date is 2011.

jaws remake

IMDb: Jaws Remake Cast - a list by sindustries_ltd

im only posting what i can find so dont know if any truth in them but sounds like it .

magnificant seven
http://screenrant.com/magnificent-se...no-tom-cruise/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2404435/
Old 30th April 2015, 10:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Jaws
The Exorcist
Witchfinder General
Zombie Flesh-Eaters
Deep Red
Suspiria
Sorry ive already metioned jaws remake here the others. We already know the suspiria remake been floating about.

THE EXORCIST remake CONFIRMED! | Everything Exorcist
Horror Remake Watch: Witchfinder General | Heavy.com bad enough being remade but starring nic cage sounds like a flop already.
http://cinefantastiqueonline.com/201...17;s-deep-red/

It really does look like no film is safe of a remake or a tv series.
Old 30th April 2015, 10:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Some of the links I post are 3 4 years old.
Some might get remade others might be rumours or just talk, either way im just posting links showing that the remakes are being talked about being made.
Old 30th April 2015, 10:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'd completely ignore Nicolas Roeg's masterpiece and simply make a film based on Daphne du Maurier's short story. I wouldn't remake the birds but, if I did, that's exactly how another film version should be made: set in Britain towards the end of the 1940s. Either that, or update it and have the birds represent something like Islamic extremism rather than, in the short story, the rise of communism.

Other films which should never be remade would (obviously) include The Exorcist, Citizen Kane, Vertigo, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Jaws, the Indiana Jones films, Rosemary's Baby, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining, Deep Red (or any of the Argento, Bava, Lucio Fulci or Duccio Tessari classics from the 1960s and 70s), The General (Keaton), City Lights (or any other great Chaplin film). Basically there are too many to mention and I'll watch this remake of Don't Look Now with great trepidation.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oWteTA_XncQ# citizens kane

Raging bull
THE BRONX BULL Trailer; The sequel, prequel, or remake to RAGING BULL | CityofFilms.com

Jaws been mentioned so exorcist.

Rumor Patrol: Taxi Driver Remake?

They already done a 2 part miniseries of rosemary baby.

And im pretty sure i read somewhere micheal bay thinking of remaking a 2001 space odyssey but dont quote me on that one tho i might be wrong.
Old 1st May 2015, 09:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
As The Magnificent Seven is itself a remake, it can be done!

That said, I would hate for Jaws to be remade.
You're quite right, The Magnificent Seven is a remake of The Seven Samurai, but it's also a classic Hollywood western with a fantastic cast (Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, etc) and brilliant score. If they tried to remake this as a western nowadays I just don't think it would work because of the factors that make John Sturges' film so good.

Old 1st May 2015, 03:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
For me, part of what makes The Shining so great is the economy of storytelling, with the technical brilliance further down the list.

I know Stephen King hated the film because Kubrick basically ripped out most of his novel and (with Diane Johnson) wrote a screenplay based on its barest elements, which is why the Mick Garris-helmed TV miniseries feels so bloated.
The issue with the Kubrick version of the story is that it hasn't got a beginning so it makes the end too ambiguous for an average film user to understand. This isn't open to debate, it's a fact, you can not simply watch the Kubrick film and hold a conversation about the characters involved in the story and it's conclusion, because you literally would NEED to interpret the ending/s to summaries what you thought it was about. This interpretation is necessary simply because Jack has no essential back story but it's is essential in order to understand how a human being could actually succumb to the serious mental illness he experiences.

I love Kubrick's catalog of work and i even like the Shinning BUT I couldn't say i like the storyline to the Shinning, simply because it is quite literally broken. Kubrick makes maters worse by adding the scene with Jack Torrence appearing in a photograph at the end of the film, this lead to even more ambiguity.

I haven't seen the TV Series? i thought that was a rumor but i will check it out.
Old 1st May 2015, 04:36 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
The issue with the Kubrick version of the story is that it hasn't got a beginning so it makes the end too ambiguous for an average film user to understand. This isn't open to debate, it's a fact, you can not simply watch the Kubrick film and hold a conversation about the characters involved in the story and it's conclusion, because you literally would NEED to interpret the ending/s to summaries what you thought it was about. This interpretation is necessary simply because Jack has no essential back story but it's is essential in order to understand how a human being could actually succumb to the serious mental illness he experiences.

I love Kubrick's catalog of work and i even like the Shinning BUT I couldn't say i like the storyline to the Shinning, simply because it is quite literally broken. Kubrick makes maters worse by adding the scene with Jack Torrence appearing in a photograph at the end of the film, this lead to even more ambiguity.

I haven't seen the TV Series? i thought that was a rumor but i will check it out.
I love it because of the ambiguity and because everything isn't easily explained, such as the party Wendy witnesses, the inexplicable way Jack escapes from the food locker and, as you say, the photo at the end which makes it possible he was 'possessed' by his presence there in a previous life.
Vipp likes this.
Old 1st May 2015, 04:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I love it because of the ambiguity and because everything isn't easily explained, such as the party Wendy witnesses, the inexplicable way Jack escapes from the food locker and, as you say, the photo at the end which makes it possible he was 'possessed' by his presence there in a previous life.
Well i can't argue with that Nos! Haha! The film has got a charm to it that i always enjoyed and it;s easy on the eyes too. I still haven't seen the extended USA cut of the movie but will get around to it eventually.
Old 1st May 2015, 04:50 PM
Cult Addict

Suspiria

It's such a unique experience, from the use of technicolor film stock, the wild Goblin soundtrack, the little details such as the door knobs being too high. Its a film that's a product of a certain time and place.

Videodrome

Video is dead! Well.... perhaps not DEAD but you know what I mean. Perhaps they could look at online but then the Japanese got there first with pulse. I know its getting remade and what irks me most is that the emperors new clothes of screenwriters Ehran Kruger was involved. Seriously, Arlington road was ok but I personally felt the screenwriting was one of the worst things about the overrated Ring remakes.
Demdike@Cult Labs and Vipp like this.
Old 1st May 2015, 06:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan are approaching perfection for me in regards to anti war films so i'd hate to see them touched.

Killer Klowns from outta space! I'd love for the chiodos bro's to make the second film!

Like this? Share it using the links below!