Like Tree23917Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2016, 11:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I got messed up on a drink called red witch once. Never touched pernod since.
I'm the same with Newcastle Brown. Except it happened more than once. A lot more than once. I won't go near the stuff anymore. Getting a headache just thinking about it.
Old 29th March 2016, 11:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm the same with Newcastle Brown. Except it happened more than once. A lot more than once. I won't go near the stuff anymore. Getting a headache just thinking about it.
When i was a youngster and far less familiar with drink i used to go up the local off license and Stan the old guy running the place sold all the cans and bottles individually and would never even question me buying a few beers. I was still trying stuff out back then. I came home with a can of fosters and a bottle of newkie brown. To this day i don't know what happened but i drunk them both one after the other, and not particularly quick either but i walked into the bathroom for a leak and just passed out there and then. Came around lying on the bathroom floor with my old man shouting up the stairs to see what happened. I don't really know.if it was the combination or not but I've never had them together again. That said i can't remember the last time i drank fosters at all.
Old 29th March 2016, 11:40 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
When i was a youngster and far less familiar with drink i used to go up the local off license and Stan the old guy running the place sold all the cans and bottles individually and would never even question me buying a few beers. I was still trying stuff out back then. I came home with a can of fosters and a bottle of newkie brown. To this day i don't know what happened but i drunk them both one after the other, and not particularly quick either but i walked into the bathroom for a leak and just passed out there and then. Came around lying on the bathroom floor with my old man shouting up the stairs to see what happened. I don't really know.if it was the combination or not but I've never had them together again. That said i can't remember the last time i drank fosters at all.
Sounds horrendous. I'm now starting to feel light headed at the thought of you passing out after drinking that stuff.
Old 29th March 2016, 11:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I know we are derailing the thread but it's not like the forum is exactly pulsing with posts at the moment.

This might amuse you, J.

When i used to go out drinking regularly - Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, around 1988 - 2010, we'd often mix drinks. Lager, bitter then shorts later on...to help us sober up. WTF were we thinking?

Any time any of us had a bad hangover the following day it was always that dodgy pint of bitter we had. Always bitter. Never the ten pints of lager, four pints of Guinness or six Jack and Cokes, no it was always that single little pint of bitter that was clearly 'off '.

Thankfully those days are gone now.
Old 29th March 2016, 11:55 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I know we are derailing the thread but it's not like the forum is exactly pulsing with posts at the moment.

This might amuse you, J.

When i used to go out drinking regularly - Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, around 1988 - 2010, we'd often mix drinks. Lager, bitter then shorts later on...to help us sober up. WTF were we thinking?

Any time any of us had a bad hangover the following day it was always that dodgy pint of bitter we had. Always bitter. Never the ten pints of lager, four pints of Guinness or six Jack and Cokes, no it was always that single little pint of bitter that was clearly 'off '. ound:

Thankfully those days are gone now.
What i got from that was Jack and coke. Jack and bloody coke??? Seriously you put pop with your whiskey? Tell me thats a thing of the past?
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th March 2016, 11:56 PM
Cult Addict

Probably the coke that did it not the dodgy bitter! And bitter is a bit dodgy mind. And as for derailing the thread, its the busiest its been all day! 😂
Tonights poison of choice
Old 30th March 2016, 12:07 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Probably the coke that did it not the dodgy bitter! And bitter is a bit dodgy mind. And as for derailing the thread, its the busiest its been all day! ��
Tonights poison of choice
It was the whole sobering up thing. The coke sobered you up. Southern Comfort and lemonade was another drink to sober you up after a hard night's drinking.

I only drink Jack and Coke whilst out to make the drink last longer. If it was good enough for Lemmy then it's good enough for me.
Old 30th March 2016, 12:09 AM
Cult Addict

You familiar with Red Witch? Cider and black with a shot of pernod in the top.
I don't know if its true or not but apparently it originated in the army.
Ex military chap that used to work for me, introduced it to me. Would get you pissed but wake you right up. A precursor to jaegerbombs and such i suppose. I can recall just sat there crying to mates wife on a Saturday afternoon. Not a clue why, still don't know 12 years later. Just started sobbing.
Old 30th March 2016, 12:11 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

No, never tried it.

We used to drink cider, lager and black. It was known as Diesel round our neck of the woods.
keirarts and J Harker like this.
Old 30th March 2016, 12:13 AM
Cult Addict

Cider and Guiness. Black Velvet.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!