Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

Rik 31st July 2020 06:09 PM

Yeah, both of them were cut over here.

I’ve preordered it on the off chance all the films will be uncut, decent set for £40 if they are, if they’re still cut to shit then I’ll cancel and wait for a US release

Susan Foreman 31st July 2020 06:55 PM

The original 1978 version is also being released as a special edition double disc on October 5 - pre-order at Amazon UK - £15:00

"In 1978, one film changed the face of cinema forever. Long established as one of the most hated, debated and divisive movies of all time, I Spit On Your Grave has been condemned by some as 'vile and depraved', whilst others hail it as a 'misunderstood masterpiece of cinema' and 'the ultimate feminist movie'.

Now the original X-rated cult classic is back, newly released on double disc special edition, and packed with fresh and exclusive bonus material. Re-experience the phenomenon that shocked and divided the world and influenced an entire genre and generation of film-makers, with Camille Keaton's portrayal of young writer Jennifer Hills, her horrific plans for revenge, and some of the most gruesomely, unforgettable scenes ever captured to film."

No mention of it being "uncompromised and uncut" there!

trebor8273 1st August 2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 630937)
A mistake. It's been confirmed elsewhere as 1 disc- the theatrical cut.

Sure?

Amazon have it listed as two disc set now, with longer version on dvd.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...7-bcecda59cb4e

Will order , if it doesn't have second disc back too Amazon

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st August 2020 05:54 PM

Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 631791)
Sure?

Amazon have it listed as two disc set now, with longer version on dvd.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...7-bcecda59cb4e

Will order , if it doesn't have second disc back too Amazon

Hmmmmm. Strange. The back of the box is blurry, but that doesn't have the info about the bonus dvd on it, like the US release had.

trebor8273 1st August 2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 631793)
That doesn't say anything about 2 discs. Says the international cut on blu-ray.

Goto bit that says reviews says this. Mind your right doesn't say two discs.

Ilya and Alexander Salkind continue to bring the lore and legend behind the World’s Greatest Super Hero to the big screen in this rare Director’s Cut on a bonus DVD. follow-up to the beloved Christopher Reeve Superman films. Helen Slater (in her screen debut) stars as the sensational Supergirl! Though Superman grew up believing himself to be the Last Son of Krypton, part of his home planet survived: Argo City, home of his uncle, Zor-El (Simon Ward), and Zor-El’s wife, Alura (Mia Farrow). Saved by the wizardry of Zaltar (Peter O’Toole) and the Omegahedron, their daughter Kara comes of age as a Kryptonian when a disaster whisks the Omegahedron to her cousin’s adoptive planet, Earth. Dispatched to rescue it from the clutches of the evil sorceress Selena (Faye Dunaway), Kara must tackle a steep learning curve so that she can pass the test as both mild-mannered schoolgirl Linda Lee and Supergirl! This special edition of Supergirl presents the film’s International Cut, remastered in High Definition for Blu-ray.™

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st August 2020 06:00 PM

Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases

2 Attachment(s)
I think they've copied the description from the US peess release. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though

Attachment 226649Attachment 226648

trebor8273 1st August 2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 631795)
I think they've copied the description from the US peess release. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though

Will still order and post when it arrives if it's one or two discs

Justin101 1st August 2020 07:34 PM

It's only £8 anyway :)

Rik 2nd August 2020 08:47 PM

New Elm Street film coming out in September, HMV exclusive

https://store.hmv.com/store/film-tv/...-(hmv-exclusiv

https://cdn.hmv.com/r/w-1280/hmv/fil...e9d165f955.jpg

Justin101 2nd August 2020 09:20 PM

I like the art cards but it's just a repack of this release which I picked up years ago, definitely wont be paying £35 for 7 postcards and a booklet.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1500_.jpg

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th August 2020 01:02 PM

I’ll be keeping my German mediabooks.
Minimum thought applied again.:rolleyes:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th August 2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 631628)
The last time it was submitted to the BBFC it was cut by 2m 54sAttachment 226556

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ten years is a long time.Still doubt it’ll be put through unscathed.....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th August 2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 631795)

Bought it yesterday.One disc.

trebor8273 4th August 2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 632067)
Bought it yesterday.One disc.

Cheers as Amazon have not dispatched mine and delivery says Saturday will cancel.The

How hard would it of been to give us the same release as American , even the Warner bros UK store has the same description as amazon

Boo Radley 4th August 2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 632001)
Ten years is a long time.Still doubt it’ll be put through unscathed.....

I read yesterday that after numerous queries as to whether they were full uncut versions, the wording has been changed on most adverts for it now.
That should tell us all we need to know.

Rik 6th August 2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 631623)
'I Spit On Your Grave: The Complete Collection' - Six Disc Blu-Ray Box Set pre-order available from Amazon UK - £40:00

Release date: October 5

THE COMPLETE COLLECTION OF CINEMA'S MOST SHOCKING CULT FRANCHISE
  • Uncompromised and uncut: the original 1978 I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE*
  • The infamous 2010 remake: I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE
  • X-rated horror: I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE 2
  • Powerful sequel: I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE 3: VENGEANCE IS MINE
  • Revenge comes full circle: the final franchise instalment, re-uniting original director Meir Zarchi and star Camille Keaton, I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE: DEJA VU
  • PLUS official new feature documentary: GROWING UP WITH I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE

Available in the UK as a complete set for the first time, this unique collection is jam-packed with over 7 hours of bonus materials across 6 discs, including exclusive to Blu-Ray audio commentaries, featurettes, deleted scenes and brand new extra footage

* Uncompromised and uncut? Somehow I doubt it!

Just seen on Twitter that the original and the first 2 reboot films are still cut, so that’s my order cancelled! :nod:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th August 2020 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 632310)
Just seen on Twitter that the original and the first 2 reboot films are still cut, so that’s my order cancelled! :nod:

I SPIT ON YOUR BOX!:lol:

Demoncrat 7th August 2020 10:45 AM

Quel surprise again. Like we cannot get it intact anywhere else.

Susan Foreman 7th August 2020 07:29 PM

'The Day Of The Triffids' - Pre-order available at Amazon UK - £15.99

Release date: September 7

"The original BBC adaptation of John Wyndham’s classic story of post-apocalyptic survival.

Following the Earth’s close encounter with a comet, a meteor shower strikes Britain’s population blind. Bill Masen, recovering in a London hospital from a vicious plant attack, is one of a few to survive with eyesight intact. The world he emerges into has been terrifyingly altered.

The government has collapsed, bands of renegades are thriving in the anarchy – and a hostile carnivorous form of plant life, the Triffids, have begun to prey on the weakened and vulnerable human population. For Masen, life is now a desperate struggle…

For the first time ever, the original BBC adaptation is available to enjoy in full high definition, after a full restoration from the original film."

Special features:
  • Collectors’ Booklet
  • Restoration Featurette

Andra Jai 7th August 2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 632381)
'The Day Of The Triffids' - Pre-order available at Amazon UK - £15.99

Release date: September 7

"The original BBC adaptation of John Wyndham’s classic story of post-apocalyptic survival.

Following the Earth’s close encounter with a comet, a meteor shower strikes Britain’s population blind. Bill Masen, recovering in a London hospital from a vicious plant attack, is one of a few to survive with eyesight intact. The world he emerges into has been terrifyingly altered.

The government has collapsed, bands of renegades are thriving in the anarchy – and a hostile carnivorous form of plant life, the Triffids, have begun to prey on the weakened and vulnerable human population. For Masen, life is now a desperate struggle…

For the first time ever, the original BBC adaptation is available to enjoy in full high definition, after a full restoration from the original film."

Special features:
  • Collectors’ Booklet
  • Restoration Featurette

OMG I am so having that.

I only watched the dvd a couple of weeks ago but it's one of my all time fave series.

Susan Foreman 26th August 2020 05:57 AM

'Monkey: The Complete Series' (1978 - 1980) - Pre-order available from Amazon UK - £69.99

Release date: October 5

"Monkey is the story by Wu Ch'êng-ên based on the ancient Chinese legend tracing the origins of Buddhism. It follows the adventures of Tripitaka and disciples Pigsy, Sandy and of course Monkey, on their journey from China to India to fetch the large vehicle holy scriptures which will save the world"

"THE WORLDWIDE BLU-RAY PREMIERE!

In the worlds before Monkey, primal chaos reigned. Heaven sought order. But the phoenix can only when its feathers are grown. The four worlds formed again and yet again, As endless aeons wheeled and passed.Time and the pure essences of Heaven, the moisture of the Earth, the powers of the sun and the moon. All worked upon a certain rock, old as creation. And it became magically fertile. That first egg was named Thought . Tathagata Buddha, the Father Buddha, said, With our thoughts, we make the world. Elemental forces caused the egg to hatch. From it then came a stone monkey. The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!"

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th August 2020 09:45 AM

It looks like a fine release, but 70 quid for 52 half-hour episodes?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th August 2020 10:32 AM

Ah old Trippy taka.....fond memories.Thursdays.Bbc 2. 6pm ish.
My old man coming in from work.....What’s this shite you’re watching? The news is on......:lol:

Those were the days my friend.....:sing:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th August 2020 06:08 PM

Lone Wolf and Cub,it wasn't.....:lol:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-SUoHmpRdM

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th August 2020 06:09 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWn2Iq3iYR0

trebor8273 26th August 2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 633870)
It looks like a fine release, but 70 quid for 52 half-hour episodes?

All of there blu ray boxsets are way over priced.

Justin101 26th August 2020 07:14 PM

I was going to say the same thing, I'm sure they're selling as they keep releasing them, but who is buying them??

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th August 2020 09:14 PM

Magical mysticism of Monkey Magic have much manipulation on man.....:madgrin:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th August 2020 09:15 PM

Sorry.
A Jim ****ing Morrison moment there....:behindsofa:

MrBarlow 27th August 2020 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Korben Dallas, a cab driver, tries to secure four mystical stones and a mysterious fifth element that alone can defeat a cosmic evil force during an apocalyptic war.
Starring Bruce Willis, Milla Jovovich, Chris Tucker, Gary Oldman and the late Ian Holm - Luc Besson’s sci-fi masterpiece The Fifth Element is available for the first time in 4K UHD.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th August 2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 633956)

Korben Dallas, a cab driver, tries to secure four mystical stones and a mysterious fifth element that alone can defeat a cosmic evil force during an apocalyptic war.
Starring Bruce Willis, Milla Jovovich, Chris Tucker, Gary Oldman and the late Ian Holm - Luc Besson’s sci-fi masterpiece The Fifth Element is available for the first time in 4K UHD.

I spent over £22 for the American one a couple years ago because I didn't think the 4K Ultra HD was going to be released here. It's a superb AV spectacle and a film you could use to show off your 4K TV and 360° speaker setup.

MrBarlow 27th August 2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 633961)
I spent over £22 for the American one a couple years ago because I didn't think the 4K Ultra HD was going to be released here. It's a superb AV spectacle and a film you could use to show off your 4K TV and 360° speaker setup.

Movie night at your house when you buy it Nos?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 27th August 2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 632313)

Cut This work was cut. The cuts were compulsory. To obtain this category cuts of 1m 41s were required. Details of cuts below may contain spoilers or plot details.

trebor8273 27th August 2020 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Was going to get this but already sold out!

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/back-to...get_id=2075531

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th August 2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 633962)
Movie night at your house when you buy it Nos?

Oh yes! :nod:

nosferatu42 27th August 2020 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 632313)

Isn't that the regular thing these days??
Now where was i?

Susan Foreman 10th September 2020 05:13 AM

No idea what label this is, but I would imagine it is a UK release

'Blade' (1998) - Coming to 4K UHD in December!

MORE INFO TBA

Justin101 10th September 2020 07:46 AM

Blade is distributed by Warner Bros.

Inspector Abberline 18th September 2020 06:47 PM

Des Blu-Ray

1 Attachment(s)
Finally the Des O Conner life story gets released October the 12th....

Attachment 227800

gag 18th September 2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 635628)
Finally the Des O Conner life story gets released October the 12th....

Attachment 227800

Watched the documentary last night I couldn’t believe how David even sounded like des, let alone doing a good job in how he looked like him .