Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 27th November 2010 07:16 PM

Oooooo that looks amazing. Going to order it right now. :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th November 2010 07:33 PM

I think I'll wait until I see what the Metropolis one is like before ordering Shogun Assassin.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th November 2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 114507)
But then you can't see the picture on the back, which is better than the front IMO. :cool:

Admittedly it is a nice pic, but I think I prefer the one on the front...

It is very annoying that paper sleeve gets in the way, though.

bdc 27th November 2010 07:49 PM

Is there no non-steel UK edition?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 27th November 2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 114518)

Not at the moment, b - but I think the steelbook is a Limited Edition release (and also includes the DVD). My thinking is that Eureka will release a stand-alone Blu-Ray in a standard Blu case eventually.

Hugh 27th November 2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 114518)

'fraid not. Plus you get to pay that little bit extra for a DVD that you'll probably never watch.

Haven't watched a DVD in a dual format pack yet, unless the DVD has extras not on the blu.

bdc 27th November 2010 08:02 PM

Thanks for the info BE and Hugh. ;)

Sargento 27th November 2010 08:49 PM

Just watched the Shogun BR. Mixed opinions. The daylight scenes look nice overall, rich colours, bright image and nice blacks. However, dark scenes are very grainy and there is a lot of white spots appearing over the screen which I would have hoped had been cleaned up. The audio is clear, but the surround is non-existent. Not checked out the extras.

The steelbook is nice looking, with the original poster on the rear of the book. As normal, there is a paper sleeve that covers the back only with synopsis, images and extras as per a normal release. However, it is useless when taken off to open the case! You should be able to put it inside, but it is just that little bit too big. Frustrating as per other steelbooks as I don't want to throw it away.

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th November 2010 07:29 PM

Ordered the Shogun Assassin steelbook. Couldn't resist.

Sargento 28th November 2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 114654)
Ordered the Shogun Assassin steelbook. Couldn't resist.

Me neither Stephen .. not all that impressed though to be fair mate. A nice steelbook anamorphic DVD would have suited me.