Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th February 2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 126720)
I can't stand the film, but I'm guessing a lot on here do, and may want to waste their money... I mean buy it: ;)

Apocalypse Now (13th June)

EDIT: Just realised blob beat me to it! :doh:

Although I've already bought this three times on DVD including a the R1 The Complete Dossier release, plus Heart of Darkness, I will definitely upgrade to Blu-ray as it is such a visually stunning film with a great soundtrack. Those brand-new extra features make it looks like a really attractive package.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th February 2011 05:24 PM

This may have been mentioned before, but there will be a Blu-ray release of the Scream trilogy and Pulp Fiction -- see here.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 127821)
This may have been mentioned before, but there will be a Blu-ray release of the Scream trilogy and Pulp Fiction -- see here.

I saw this on another site earlier today. I wonder if we'll see the unrated cut of Scream On BD? I used to own the unrated US laserdisc.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th February 2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 127851)
I saw this on another site earlier today. I wonder if we'll see the unrated cut of Scream On BD? I used to own the unrated US laserdisc.

I'd always assumed the British release was cut, but the BBFC website says otherwise. Was it pre-cut?

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th February 2011 06:47 PM

I think the UK got the R-Rated cut. I don't recall ever hearing that it was cut by the BBFC.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 12th February 2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 127854)
I think the UK got the R-Rated cut. I don't recall ever hearing that it was cut by the BBFC.

That is often the case as a film will be cut for the US market and then released here in the same format, occasionally given a 15 certificate by the BBFC! It seems that some R ratings are different than others. I hope it is resubmitted so we get to see the version that Craven wanted to release.

dream demon 15th February 2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 124505)
Couldn't resist pre-ordering this:

Machete: Hmv Exclusive: Steelbook (2011): BLU-RAY: hmv.com

:biggrin:

I pre-orded that too, but cancelled when I saw the German version :woot:

Machete Limited Edition Figurine Giftset, exklusiv bei Amazon.de Blu-ray: Amazon.de: Danny Trejo, Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Steven Seagal, Michelle Rodriguez, Ethan Maniquis, Robert Rodriguez: DVD & Blu-ray

kingofwitches666 15th February 2011 07:34 PM

Yeah I saw that one to dream demon, very nice. Would it incur any import duties that you know of?

Sargento 15th February 2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 127854)

Well I am surprised to hear there were even cuts to this! I thought Craven had gone all safe for mass audience sales. I have just looked on DVDcompare and there is a list of the actual cuts on there.

bdc 15th February 2011 07:55 PM

I think Craven took a chance there because the MPAA had always cut slashers heavily before.