Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th November 2010, 05:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockatansky View Post
hawk the slayer, but i think i can get away with that round these parts but in terms of guilty pleasures then its' Independance day and Rambo III, oh and Cobra....**** it, Tango & Cash too.
I enjoyed watching all those films that you mentioned here. Tango and Cash is very entertaining. and I've always liked Kurt Russell and Sly Stallone...
Old 20th November 2010, 08:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
hawk the slayer, but i think i can get away with that round these parts but in terms of guilty pleasures then its' Independance day and Rambo III, oh and Cobra....**** it, Tango & Cash too.
I wouldnt exactly call these films closet films r embarrasing films to watch as in liking something compared to bedknobs and broomsticks or mary poppins to which yes i do have a guilty pleasure of these type of films the films you mentioned are type films most ppl would probly enjoy....
Old 20th November 2010, 11:30 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I wouldnt exactly call these films closet films r embarrasing films to watch as in liking something compared to bedknobs and broomsticks or mary poppins to which yes i do have a guilty pleasure of these type of films the films you mentioned are type films most ppl would probly enjoy....
i dunno, Hawk the Slayer is pretty much a closeted film, the others defo not.
for me anything with the muppets and Love Actually which i think is one of the best british comedies of the last 20 years...
Old 22nd November 2010, 03:31 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Oh my god...
Old 22nd November 2010, 07:16 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Maybe an age thing but... The Outsiders, Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink etc would be closet favs of mine, ooohhh and Adventures in Babysitting! Gotta love the Shue!
Old 22nd November 2010, 10:26 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRobinson View Post
Maybe an age thing but... The Outsiders, Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink etc would be closet favs of mine, ooohhh and Adventures in Babysitting! Gotta love the Shue!
I had such a crush on her when The Karate Kid came out. Has anybody seen Mischief? It stars Kelly Preston (John Travoltas wife) and is basically one of those teen sex comedies set in the '50s. Think American Pie but funny. Well worth digging out if you havent seen it.
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:29 AM
Cult Rookie

Ah gimme a break! I watched T&C the other day and am stil trying to come to terms with how successful these films were when they're so very shit

Rambo III has a dedication at the end to "the freedom fighters of Afghanistan" which would happen to be the Taliban funnily enough, Cobra seems dedicated to Slys sunglasses and jeans (he stood on a box for close ups with Bridgett N) and Tango & Cash has got 80s US xenophobia all over it! Torturing the Chinese, putting a handgrenade in the pants of the Brit etc etc

As for Independence Day - come on! If that ain't a guilty pleasure (The President in a fighter jet?!) then my taste in films is obviously misguidedly lowbrow!!
Old 22nd November 2010, 04:16 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I love "Mary Poppins"and "Bedknobs and Broomsticks", two very sly classics of occult cinema.
Old 24th November 2010, 01:54 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Ah gimme a break! I watched T&C the other day and am stil trying to come to terms with how successful these films were when they're so very shit

Rambo III has a dedication at the end to "the freedom fighters of Afghanistan" which would happen to be the Taliban funnily enough, Cobra seems dedicated to Slys sunglasses and jeans (he stood on a box for close ups with Bridgett N) and Tango & Cash has got 80s US xenophobia all over it! Torturing the Chinese, putting a handgrenade in the pants of the Brit etc etc

As for Independence Day - come on! If that ain't a guilty pleasure (The President in a fighter jet?!) then my taste in films is obviously misguidedly lowbrow!!
Who mentioned these films first?
Old 24th November 2010, 03:57 PM
Cultist in Training

I got about 90 Criterions and 2 of them are named "The Rock" and "Armageddon"... And to make it even worse, I got "Cop and a half"!

Like this? Share it using the links below!