Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th September 2014, 07:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I haven't read any myself, but BU shared a few on their Facebook page. The UK is due next week (eventually), so I'm gonna see what that's like before I splash out on the BU one, if at all
Won't be getting the BU one. The exposure release seems to be better. Also after the Hell of the Living Dead issues I don't trust those BU posted reviews.
Old 10th September 2014, 07:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
Won't be getting the BU one. The exposure release seems to be better. Also after the Hell of the Living Dead issues I don't trust those BU posted reviews.

What issues do you mean, I haven't noticed anything wrong with my copy?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th September 2014, 07:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
What issues do you mean, I haven't noticed anything wrong with my copy?
Missing frames, audio jumps. Read this:

Blue Underground Official Thread - Page 46 - Blu-ray Forum
Old 10th September 2014, 07:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropophagus View Post
Missing frames, audio jumps. Read this:

Blue Underground Official Thread - Page 46 - Blu-ray Forum

Strange, didn't notice any of that when I watched mine, nor did a couple of other members who watched theirs, I've not seen any other reviewers comment on it either.
I'll check mine out again shortly, once my kids are in bed and report back. I personally thought they'd done a great job polishing this turd
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th September 2014, 07:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Strange, didn't notice any of that when I watched mine, nor did a couple of other members who watched theirs, I've not seen any other reviewers comment on it either.
I'll check mine out again shortly, once my kids are in bed and report back. I personally thought they'd done a great job polishing this turd
There are 2 youtube videos on blu-ray.com forums. The first 16 minutes of the blu-ray and the DVD. Watch them using the time codes posted there too and you'll see. Blue Underground kinda admitted the problem posting this on their facebook page:

"While we'd have to confirm with the Italian licensor that provided the new HD master, we strongly suspect that there was frame damage at some splices in the original negative which had to be removed so there would not be a noticeable picture jump at those cuts. Please keep in mind that this is a 40+ year old, extremely low budget film. We're confident they did the transfer as best they could with what they had to work with. Hopefully this does not impede in your enjoyment of the film. We believe that the positives of this new HD transfer far outweigh any negatives."
Old 10th September 2014, 07:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

As long as it isn't as bad as the awful mess that is Shameless's DVD of Dellamorte Dellamore, which I've dubbed the Arkwright Fan Edition, then I think I can live with it.
Like I said, I'll check it out later and report back
Old 10th September 2014, 08:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just skipped through it, using the times posted as a reference and mine plays fine, no jumps at all, makes me think the guy had a faulty disc
Old 10th September 2014, 08:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Was this already shown here?

Opening Credits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEvI9t3daHM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10543518_826799280698071_3733469289185425314_o.jpg (92.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 10th September 2014, 08:51 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Has this been mentioned yet? No release date but coming soon according to BU's twitter

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410382301.331600.jpg
Old 10th September 2014, 10:32 PM
Cult Addict

Didn't notice any issues with skipping on my BU release of Hell of the living dead/rats. Still i'm not the best judge as I like most of my BU discs including torso. Will be getting the uk stagefright as i'm told it has both unmatted fullscreen and widescreen which is all I want from my release.

Like this? Share it using the links below!