Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th May 2013, 08:42 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Synapse films have revealed the artwork for their release of Demons & Demons 2.....and they're steelbooks!

DEMONS Limited Edition Steelbook

- Limited Edition Steelbook Featuring All-New Artwork from Wes Benscoter
- Each Steelbook is Blu-ray packaging sized, and will be a Combo Pack containing both a Blu-ray (BD-50) and a DVD (DVD-9) of the feature and extras.
- Unlike previous releases, we have the original Italian Language Stereo mix, the International stereo alternate dub mix and the original U.S. mono soundtrack!
- Audio Commentary Track with Cast & Crew Featuring Recollections from Director Lamberto Bava, Make-up Effects Artist Sergio Stivaletti, Musician Claudio Simonetti and actress Geretta Geretta.
- Removable English Subtitles for both the U.S. Language Dub Version, as well as the Original Italian Version.
- Collectible Reproduction of the Original Metropol Theatre Ticket seen in the Film.
- The transfer is from a new HD scan of the original 35mm negative, in 1080p/23.98fps 1.66:1 aspect ratio [not the same muted colors and weak black levels as previous released versions].
- All audio tracks will be encoded in DTS-HD MA.

-Featurettes (from Calum Waddell’s HIGH RISING PRODUCTIONS Company) include:
PROFONDO JONES – THE CRITICAL PERSPECTIVE – Interview with Alan Jones

CARNAGE AT THE CINEMA – LAMBERTO BAVA AND HIS SPLATTER MASTERPIECE – 30 Minute Interview with Director Lamberto Bava

MONSTROUS MEMORIES WITH LUIGI COZZI – 30 Minute Interview

SPLATTER STUNT ROCK – Interview with Stunt Man Ottaviano Dell’Acqua

DARIO AND HIS DEMONS – PRODUCING MONSTER MAYHEM – All-New Exclusive Interview with Producer Dario Argento.

DEMONS 2 Limited Edition Steelbook
[Extras/Transfer are still in the early stages of completion. What we list below is what we currently have. Other extras may still be added.]

- Limited Edition Steelbook Featuring All-New Artwork from Wes Benscoter
- Each Steelbook is Blu-ray packaging sized, and will be a Combo Pack containing both a Blu-ray (BD-50) and a DVD (DVD-9) of the feature and extras.
- Contains the Original Italian Language Mix and the Original English Soundtrack.
- Removable English Subtitles for both the English and Italian Versions.
- The transfer is from a new HD scan of the original 35mm negative, in 1080p/23.98fps 1.66:1 aspect ratio [not the same muted colors and weak black levels as previous released versions].
- All audio tracks will be encoded in DTS-HD MA.

-Featurettes (from Calum Waddell’s HIGH RISING PRODUCTIONS Company) include:
SCREAMING FOR A SEQUEL – THE DELIRIOUS LEGACY OF DEMONS 2 – Interview with Lamberto Bava.

THE DEMONS GENERATION – ROY BAVA DISCUSSES A LEGACY IN LACERATIONS – Assistant Director Roy Bava Speaks About His Experiences on DEMONS and DEMONS 2.

A SOUNDTRACK FOR SPLATTER – Composer Simon Boswell Discusses His Genre Music Making Career.

DEMONIC INFLUENCES – FEDERICO ZAMPAGLIONE SPEAKS – Interview Segment.

Great package overall. Might have to be a double dipper. Thats if I can actually get hold of a copy. Seems weird to slyly trash the arrow releases when Uk fans won't actually get to buy the finished product..
Old 29th May 2013, 08:50 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Don suggested trying Diabolikdvd, as they hot copies of the limited edition Document Of The Dead blu-ray for overseas customers. So there's light at the end of the tunnel!
Old 29th May 2013, 08:55 PM
Cult Addict

You see, making these releases available to UK sellers adds a little competition to the mix, makes sure everyone goes all out with their releases.

I wonder if they will be able to eliminate that shaking in demons 2? Would be interesting to see if its another case of the italian labs screwing over arrow.
Old 29th May 2013, 09:02 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
You see, making these releases available to UK sellers adds a little competition to the mix, makes sure everyone goes all out with their releases.

I wonder if they will be able to eliminate that shaking in demons 2? Would be interesting to see if its another case of the italian labs screwing over arrow.
It could well be. Almost certainly Synapse read reviews and looked at people's concerns. And Don is famous for his 100% hands on approach with his releases. He QC's everything himself, so I have no doubt they'll look and sound the best they can.
Old 29th May 2013, 09:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Count me in for those. Bit worried they don't ship worldwide though, don't want to miss out.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 29th May 2013, 09:06 PM
Active Cultist

"The price for the Steelbooks will be $39.95 + $6.00 shipping, for a total price of $45.95 each."

... Uh huh.
Old 29th May 2013, 09:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yep **** that. Standard releases it is

Old 29th May 2013, 09:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Yep **** that. Standard releases it is
Well shit they're doing a Twilight Time. Limited to 3000 only off their website, and no current plans for a standard edition.

Old 29th May 2013, 09:20 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Well shit they're doing a Twilight Time. Limited to 3000 only off their website, and no current plans for a standard edition.
Yeah, just saw that. Hopefully we can pick them up elsewhere. Of course, Don says I can come by the office and pick them up if I want.
Old 29th May 2013, 09:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Terrible decision and I normally support them to the fullest. I'm glad I am content with my Arrow set.
Zann likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!