Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2013, 06:46 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Hope so! I'm in the UK and just ordered them from our old pals bluraysforeveryone. Be warned though, you'll balk at the price.
Ouch just looked, that is a lot. Sure you'll be able to recover on eBay if you ever feel the need
Old 31st May 2013, 06:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Hope so! I'm in the UK and just ordered them from our old pals bluraysforeveryone. Be warned though, you'll balk at the price.
you're not wrong there,

do you have to pay up front for pre-orders or when they ship?

at least he is customs friendly but I am a little concerned over the packaging Synapse use to send these out.
Old 31st May 2013, 06:50 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If you pay with google checkout, you don't pay until they ship. Gives me a while to get my finances in order.
Old 31st May 2013, 06:55 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

well I'm going to give this one some thought as these are among my most favorite horror films however at £43 each I am going to have to talk myself into getting these.

saying that, once these are out you can imagine what the ebay scalpers will be wanting for them
Old 31st May 2013, 07:09 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Ok, call me crazy, but I just ordered the Synapse Demons and Demons 2 steelbooks.
Well we most both be crazy then, after considering this for all of 10 mins I've also placed an order,

thanks for the info regarding these, think I'll still keep my Arrow steelie though unless these turn out to look a lot better.
Old 31st May 2013, 07:32 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
Well we most both be crazy then, after considering this for all of 10 mins I've also placed an order,

thanks for the info regarding these, think I'll still keep my Arrow steelie though unless these turn out to look a lot better.
Yep, we're both mad! Now all I need to worry about is getting scratched or dented steelbooks.
Old 31st May 2013, 08:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Double dipping on expensive steelbooks... You two are hardcore film collectors

On an unrelated topic, just been going through the DVDBeaver reviews and the new Criterion release of H.G. WELL'S THINGS TO COME (1936) looks worse (softer) than our native Network release according to them! Go Network!

Things To Come Blu-ray - Raymond Massey

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 31st May 2013, 09:52 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

There';s some horrible collector's snobbery in the Synapse page regarding the Demons steelbooks. The idea from some people being that if you're not getting them or think they're too expensive then you're not a real collector and/or you should get a job that pays more. Ridiculous
Old 31st May 2013, 10:04 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
There';s some horrible collector's snobbery in the Synapse page regarding the Demons steelbooks. The idea from some people being that if you're not getting them or think they're too expensive then you're not a real collector and/or you should get a job that pays more. Ridiculous
Yeah, I saw someone telling a guy that he didn't care if he was poor and couldn't afford them. What an idiot.
Old 31st May 2013, 10:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Money and sizes of collections aren't important. I think threads on these forums such as 'what have you bought lately...' etc, are a great way to let other people know what's available and what the artwork/PQ etc is like, they aren't about bragging. I don't think the issue of personal finances should really be a topic of conversation, people collect in their own way, to their own tastes and at their own speed. What should be discussed is the individual films/releases. I don't get this mentality of being a good or bad collector just because they do or don't double dip or they will or won't spend over x amount on a release. Everyone should do their own thing and no one should put anyway down based on what they do. I guess we'd all like to think of ourselves as film fans first and collector's second anyway, surely?! Word up

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Like this? Share it using the links below!