LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2013, 10:58 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Ok, call me crazy, but I just ordered the Synapse Demons and Demons 2 steelbooks.
You're crazy.

Well, you did ask me to!
PaulD likes this.
Old 31st May 2013, 11:01 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
Well we most both be crazy then, after considering this for all of 10 mins I've also placed an order,
You're crazy as well!
Old 31st May 2013, 11:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
There';s some horrible collector's snobbery in the Synapse page regarding the Demons steelbooks. The idea from some people being that if you're not getting them or think they're too expensive then you're not a real collector and/or you should get a job that pays more. Ridiculous
What a crock of shit. I could easily afford them, and love the movies, but $100 to double dip on movies I already have fantastic editions of, and when they don't even ship to my country, is ridiculous.

These editions sound absolutely amazing, and i would happily drop $25-30 on regular editions, but not $50+ each. For that price I could buy 5 Scream Factory releases

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 31st May 2013, 11:45 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
There';s some horrible collector's snobbery in the Synapse page regarding the Demons steelbooks. The idea from some people being that if you're not getting them or think they're too expensive then you're not a real collector and/or you should get a job that pays more. Ridiculous
I would love a job that pays more. The latest interview I have is for B&Q on a "4-6 hour contract" (their words) but apparently I can expect up to twenty when they have busy periods. Usual corporations mooching of the benefits system and expecting the state to cover the tab and save them money by making their staff sign on during slow periods...

Still, jobs a job.

Even if I was on a 20-40k a year gig i'd think twice about those demons steely's. The people saying these things probably live at home with their parents and dont have bills to pay.
Old 31st May 2013, 11:58 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Money and sizes of collections aren't important. I think threads on these forums such as 'what have you bought lately...' etc, are a great way to let other people know what's available and what the artwork/PQ etc is like, they aren't about bragging. I don't think the issue of personal finances should really be a topic of conversation, people collect in their own way, to their own tastes and at their own speed. What should be discussed is the individual films/releases. I don't get this mentality of being a good or bad collector just because they do or don't double dip or they will or won't spend over x amount on a release. Everyone should do their own thing and no one should put anyway down based on what they do. I guess we'd all like to think of ourselves as film fans first and collector's second anyway, surely?! Word up
All good points.

I personally think that having too much free money to spend on films is sometimes more of a curse than a blessing. I know for a fact that if I had a lot more money to spend on films, my collection would be a hell of a lot shitter than it currently is, as I would probably end up buying tonnes more titles that I don't necessarily love, but would think 'hell, I might as well buy that if I have the cash, it's an okay film, I suppose'.

Quality over quantity is definitely the way to go.
oaxaca likes this.
Old 31st May 2013, 12:10 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
All good points.

I personally think that having too much free money to spend on films is sometimes more of a curse than a blessing. I know for a fact that if I had a lot more money to spend on films, my collection would be a hell of a lot shitter than it currently is, as I would probably end up buying tonnes more titles that I don't necessarily love, but would think 'hell, I might as well buy that if I have the cash, it's an okay film, I suppose'.

Quality over quantity is definitely the way to go.
Oi! You saying my collection's shit?
Old 31st May 2013, 12:15 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Not at all... although the Grease 2 and Cool as Ice may sometimes indicate otherwise!
Old 31st May 2013, 12:18 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Not at all... although the Grease 2 and Cool as Ice may sometimes indicate otherwise!
Haha, cheers!
Old 31st May 2013, 12:59 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
To quote Sir Frances Urquhart in the House of Cards TV series, "You may very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment."
Old 31st May 2013, 01:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
You're crazy as well!
Maybe I am lol, but these are films that I hold a lot of affection for and the fact that they are on steelies which is another passion of mine, means that I was hit with both interests when making a decision to purchase.

That being said they cost me £43 each which when you consider not too many years ago I was paying twice that for these type of films on lazer disc. Hell, back in the day I once paid £20 for a pirate copy of Dawn of the Dead so I can kind of justify the expense here.

I'm just wondering what might be next if this goes well for the distributor, a nice steelbook of the extended cut of Dawn of the Dead is something I would be willing to throw a fair bit of cash at.

Like this? Share it using the links below!