Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Gojirosan 12th February 2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 216219)
I trust it will be Shark Attack 2 then Shark Attack 3: Megalodon next then?

Indeed so. Got a box of the three for a few quid last week.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th February 2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 216167)
"Citizen Kane" would be better if it had a metal/punk soundtrack, chainsaws and a good car chase!

Would it also be any better if it was in 3D?!

PaulD 13th February 2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 216300)
Would it also be any better if it was in 3D?!

As much as I loathe 3D, I'd be interested to see how this would play out if converted:

Citizen Kane-boyhood - YouTube

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th February 2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 216213)
eXistenZ

I really like eXistenZ but have held off buying it as I'm waiting for one with an anamorphic picture or, hopefully, a Blu-ray release.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th February 2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 216303)
As much as I loathe 3D, I'd be interested to see how this would play out if converted:

Citizen Kane-boyhood - YouTube

It would probably ruin the great work Gregg Toland did (with Welles) to create the deep focus whereby foreground and background action are both in focus without giving you eyestrain or a headache!

Rik 13th February 2012 10:20 AM

Watched Switchblade Romance(Hight Tension) last night for the first time. I really enjoyed it up until the last ten minutes, which ruined it for me and those of you who have seen it will know what I'm talking about. I thought Alexandre Aja created a great sense of, pardon the pun, tension throughout, the photography was well shot and the acting was very convincing, especially the main villain(who, I might had, bares a striking resemblance to Den Perry from Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights). Of course the gore was plentiful and beautifully executed by regular Fulci collaborator Giannetto De Rossi, but the ending really did spoil an otherwise excellent film.

Demoncrat 13th February 2012 10:22 AM

well i watched

YOR - Hunter From The Future (Anthony M. Dawson, 1983)

and can honestly say its my new favourite film of all time (this week).
The inappropriate (& award winning!!!!:eek:) music!
The stiiiiiiiiiiiilted dialogue!!
The ridiculous notion that a Triceratops AND a Stegosaurus are carnivorous!!!
the fact that then moral of the tale seemed to be "monogamy...it's a good thing"!!!!
the fact is that every one of Margheriti's films (that ive seen) is just bloody bonkers. Fact proven by watching The Final Programme after it, and it seemed quite a run of the mill thriller compared to this.;)

and i watched Carry On Screaming on ITV3, because it was on. better than To The Devil a Daughter:behindsofa:
:laugh:

PaulD 13th February 2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 216306)
Watched Switchblade Romance(Hight Tension) last night for the first time. I really enjoyed it up until the last ten minutes, which ruined it for me and those of you who have seen it will know what I'm talking about. I thought Alexandre Aja created a great sense of, pardon the pun, tension throughout, the photography was well shot and the acting was very convincing, especially the main villain(who, I might had, bares a striking resemblance to Den Perry from Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights). Of course the gore was plentiful and beautifully executed by regular Fulci collaborator Giannetto De Rossi, but the ending really did spoil an otherwise excellent film.

Totally agree - it's an incredibly suspenseful, well shot, film but when the ending comes you feel cheated. When you watch it a second time knowing what you know you realise it really doesn't work at all though.

I didn't know De Rossi did the effects though.

Rik 13th February 2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 216308)
Totally agree - it's an incredibly suspenseful, well shot, film but when the ending comes you feel cheated. When you watch it a second time knowing what you know you realise it really doesn't work at all though.

I didn't know De Rossi did the effects though.

According to the oracle that is Wikipedia he did, I had no idea either until I did some research while watching it

Gojirosan 13th February 2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 216306)

I am trying to remember what happens at the end that might have spoiled things for you. If it's "THE" thing then I disagree, as I liked that, even if it wasn't as surprising as hey hoped it would be. Now wondering if there is something else I can't remember that happened!