Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th December 2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 202579)
Especially Jamie:nod:

I haven't seen True Lies in over a decade, but I can still remember Jamie Lee Curtis doing that seductive dance!

I really don't know why I don't own a copy as I have nothing but fond memories of watching it.

mercury 9th December 2011 10:44 AM

Terror at the Opera. First time I had seen this and I thoroughly enjoyed it:popcorn: I found the music very good, especially the main theme which I am listening to right now:)

darthelvis 9th December 2011 10:47 AM

Watched The Fighter last night whilst stuck in the middle of the North Sea, awesome film with another outstanding performance by Bale, well deserving of his Oscar!

Tonights viewing is either Leprechaun in da Hood or Magic with Anthony Hopkins! Maybe both!

mark meakin 9th December 2011 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 202612)
Terror at the Opera. First time I had seen this and I thoroughly enjoyed it:popcorn: I found the music very good, especially the main theme which I am listening to right now:)

Yes I like the film a great deal too.One of Argento's most underrated.

keirarts 9th December 2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark meakin (Post 202614)
Yes I like the film a great deal too.One of Argento's most underrated.

Did it lose the god awful alpine ending from the 'uncut' version?, as I recall the uk 'terror at the opera' rather than just opera, ends with the fire and misses the dreadful ending in the internation version put out by anchor bay. One of the rare occasions I dislike the directors cut.

dustdevil 9th December 2011 05:44 PM

Bit of a mixture this week

Xmen First Class
Bandolero
Maniac Cop
Alien 3 special edition
Laurel And Hardy vol 10 snow

said it was a bit of a mixture :)

dream demon 9th December 2011 07:54 PM

Watched REC 2 last night. Brilliant!

Slippery Jack 9th December 2011 08:20 PM

Managed to fit on ONE film last week, Annie Hall, my first Woody Allen :eek: ...! Anyhoo, I bloody loved it, utterly charming, and frequently very funny. Maybe Keaton overdid the kookiness a little, namely the scenes at the start of the relationship which skirted annoyance. Same with some of the fourth wall breaking, though I suppose it's only because that kind of thing is so commonplace now. I enjoyed the surprise (for me) cameo's from Christopher Walken (with his name misspelled in the end credits!) and Paul Simon, and funny seeing Sigourney Weaver's name in the end credits as an extra. Looking forward to Manhatten now, and thanks to the Mark Cousins Film Odyssey show for finally getting me into Allen :clap: . . .

dream demon 9th December 2011 09:29 PM

I love Woody Allen. ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th December 2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 202722)
I love Woody Allen. ;)

I love his films, that's as far as I go!