Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Prince_Vajda 9th December 2011 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 202612)
Terror at the Opera. First time I had seen this and I thoroughly enjoyed it:popcorn: I found the music very good, especially the main theme which I am listening to right now:)

It's a good flick indeed. :nod:

I wouldn't go as for as to say that it's one of Argento's best, but I want to strike a blow for Argento's oeuvre instead: even his weaker films have their merits, and very many of them are still far better than the majority of all other films around! :rockon:

Greetings!

PaulD 9th December 2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 202712)
Managed to fit on ONE film last week, Annie Hall, my first Woody Allen :eek: ...! Anyhoo, I bloody loved it, utterly charming, and frequently very funny. Maybe Keaton overdid the kookiness a little, namely the scenes at the start of the relationship which skirted annoyance. Same with some of the fourth wall breaking, though I suppose it's only because that kind of thing is so commonplace now. I enjoyed the surprise (for me) cameo's from Christopher Walken (with his name misspelled in the end credits!) and Paul Simon, and funny seeing Sigourney Weaver's name in the end credits as an extra. Looking forward to Manhatten now, and thanks to the Mark Cousins Film Odyssey show for finally getting me into Allen :clap: . . .

One of my all time top 10 films. Absolutely adore that movie.

Make Them Die Slowly 10th December 2011 01:23 AM

The Hangover Part II. A couple of laugh out loud moments but frankly, it's a poor remake of the original.

gag 10th December 2011 09:08 AM

Watched all 3 Undisputed films this quite enjoyed them Not BAD

....SPOILER ALERT....

just thought the winner of the last fight in the 3rd film was a bit ott considering the state his leg was in and how much he been batterd about in the fight...

darthelvis 10th December 2011 09:19 AM

Watched Leprechaun in da Hood last night and wasn't as funny as it should have been. Should have been more ICE T in it! I still have the last part to watch, but not expecting much.

Warwick Davis is a legend though!

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 202812)
Watched Leprechaun in da Hood last night and wasn't as funny as it should have been. Should have been more ICE T in it! I still have the last part to watch, but not expecting much.

Warwick Davis is a legend though!

You'll think it's a classic after you watch Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood.

Handyman Joe 10th December 2011 10:31 AM

Hello all, first entry so hope I don't make a gubbins of it!

I'm loving Amazons blu ray bargains just now - I Saw the Devil, Julias Eyes, Bedevilled, Thirst and The Good the Bad and the Weird for just over 30 quid.

Watched IStD and Thirst first - similiar propositions, Korean, over 2 hours long, visually amazing (pristine transfers), occasionally gruesome but just a sense they're making the plot up as they go along. Don't mind though, makes for an unpredictable ride. 2 essential buys in my book.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 10:40 AM

Welcome, Joe. :welcome:

Great purchases, there. I Saw the Devil is fantastic, and easily one of my favourite films of the last few years (ditto Thirst).

I still need to pick up Bedevilled and The Good, The Bad, and The Weird (both of which are excellent), but have yet to see Julia's Eyes.

Hope you enjoy the forums! :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 10:49 AM

Welcome to Cult Labs, Joe. I've seen and/or own all of those and agree they are all extremely good films which, at that price, are really tempting purchases for anyone who doesn't yet own them.

gag 10th December 2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handyman Joe (Post 202833)
Hello all, first entry so hope I don't make a gubbins of it!

I'm loving Amazons blu ray bargains just now - I Saw the Devil, Julias Eyes, Bedevilled, Thirst and The Good the Bad and the Weird for just over 30 quid.

Watched IStD and Thirst first - similiar propositions, Korean, over 2 hours long, visually amazing (pristine transfers), occasionally gruesome but just a sense they're making the plot up as they go along. Don't mind though, makes for an unpredictable ride. 2 essential buys in my book.

Hello and :welcome:
Hope you enjoy u yourself here on the forums