Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Metallicbomb 12th March 2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 327340)
Help

Going to watch one of these Steven king mini series tonight but can't decide

The stand
The shining
Salems lot (new)
Tommy knockers

The stand:nod: good cast from Gary Sinise (CSI NY), Shawnee Smith (Saw), Stephen King, Tom Holland Molly Ringwald
Miguel Ferrer Sam Anderson, Rob Lowe' Matt Frewer And Jamey Sheridan (Law And Order CI)

trebor8273 12th March 2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 327343)
The stand:nod:

That what I was thinking as it farther back in my back log than the others, mind my back log seems to be getting bigger not smaller!

What are the new Salems lot and shining like, not seen them before and heard very mixed things.

Metallicbomb 12th March 2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 327345)
That what I was thinking as it farther back in my back log than the others, mind my back log seems to be getting bigger not smaller!

What are the new Salems lot and shining like, not seen them before and heard very mixed things.

Haven't seen the New Salem's Lot but The Shining series is good it was made off of Stephen King's Teleplay and directed by Mick Garris who directed (The Stand, Sleepwalkers, Critters 2 Psycho IV as well as creating Masters Of Horror).
It is Stephen Kings Preferred version and the whole idea came about because of his Dissatisfaction with Kubrick's Version And Nicholson as the choice of Jack.

trebor8273 12th March 2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metallicbomb (Post 327351)
Haven't seen the New Salem's Lot but The Shining series is good it was made off of Stephen King's Teleplay and directed by Mick Garris who directed (The Stand, Sleepwalkers, Critters 2 Psycho IV as well as creating Masters Of Horror).
It is Stephen Kings Preferred version and the whole idea came about because of his Dissatisfaction with Kubrick's Version And Nicholson as the choice of Jack.

Well think I shall watch shining after the stand sounds a lot closer to the book than the movie was- dont get me wrong I love the film, but apart from characters and the hotel it has very different than the book was

Metallicbomb 12th March 2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 327355)
Well think I shall watch shining after the stand sounds a lot closer to the book than the movie was- dont get me wrong I love the film, but apart from characters and the hotel it has very different than the book was

Yes your spot on it is a lot more like the book than the film (the film is very good but it isn't what king had in mind):nod:.

Metallicbomb 12th March 2013 06:47 PM

Today I watched
Pieces
Slaughter High
It made me smile that in an office near the Beginning of Slaughter High there is a
Pieces poster on the wall:lol:.

fuzzymctiger 12th March 2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 327190)
I thought it was really good when I saw it at the cinema and it seemed even better on second viewing as the use of the 2008 presidential election as a background to the action made even more sense.

I watched it with my brother who said the film was 'pointless' and really didn't like it so it might be a Marmite movie.

I would say its a marmite movie, as I quite liked it, but felt that it had been advertised falsely like an action movie, where as my brother flat out hated it

mercury 12th March 2013 07:49 PM

Argo. Thought there was going to be lots of action in this film. Sadly disappointed, but the film is good and does get intense at times. Wouldn't have nominated it for an oscar though:confused:

Slippery Jack 12th March 2013 08:27 PM

Street Trash

Love it to bits, faults n' all. Gonna have to do a poster for it at some point. Hope Roy Frumkes is holding back on the 40-odd minutes of deleted scenes for a future BD release :pray: It's all that's missing from the superb Synapse Meltdown Edition :cool: . . .

Justin101 12th March 2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 327242)
Watched the Gareth Edwards film 'Monsters' this morning

20 minutes into it, I was desperately looking around the room for things to tidy, or hoovering that needed to be done, or checking how much washing needed to be put into the machine!

I mean...it's a bit tedious!

I knew it wasn't a 'monster movie' and was expecting it to be 'thinky' but I was still very bored by it - it's the epitome of an over-rated film, in my opinion.