Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

fuzzymctiger 12th March 2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 327393)
Street Trash

Love it to bits, faults n' all. Gonna have to do a poster for it at some point. Hope Roy Frumkes is holding back on the 40-odd minutes of deleted scenes for a future BD release :pray: It's all that's missing from the superb Synapse Meltdown Edition :cool: . . .

Love this film too, a blu ray would be great!

Look forward to seeing a poster if you do one :nod:

Slippery Jack 12th March 2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 327402)
Look forward to seeing a poster if you do one :nod:

It's definitely on the list of 'fun stuff to do when I find the time'. Countless cool moments to pick from for a poster. Most poster imagery from it I've seen goes with the toilet melt, but the ensemble cast is the film's chief pleasure for me. Think I'd want to pack in as much of the cast as possible amongst the melty chaos :lol: The poster would reflect the film: overcrowded, ramshackle, trashy, and a lot of fun :nod: . . .

Metallicbomb 13th March 2013 02:33 AM

Just finished a massive Movie marathon
Running for near 6 hours long all in one sitting:cool:
The Company Of Wolves
The Gate
Inseminoid
Waxwork
:pop2::popcorn::pop2::popcorn:

Dave Boy 13th March 2013 08:57 AM

Men Behind The Sun (1988)

I can't find the words to describe this film. Only that, if anyone decides that they wish to sit through this, be sure to know what your tolerances are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Behind_the_Sun

keirarts 13th March 2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 327464)
Men Behind The Sun (1988)

I can't find the words to describe this film. Only that, if anyone decides that they wish to sit through this, be sure to know what your tolerances are.

Men Behind the Sun - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's pretty harsh isn't it. Scary thing is its based on real things the japanese did in the occupation of china, if you can stomach it i'd also reccomend black sun:the nanking massacre from the same director.

Dave Boy 13th March 2013 10:32 AM

Okay, thanks. Will check Black Sun out.

trebor8273 13th March 2013 11:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 103236

Attachment 103237last nights viewings, only watched first part of the stand shall watch the other parts over the next few nights

Rik 13th March 2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 327484)
last nights viewings, only watched first part of the stand shall watch the other parts over the next few nights

I always end up watching The Stand all in one go, great adaption of a great book!

Beyond72 13th March 2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 327485)
I always end up watching The Stand all in one go, great adaption of a great book!

Haven't managed to finish that yet. (The film that is.)

Evil Laugh

Cheesy but self-referential slasher directed by "Joey" from Friday the 13th Part V. And sure enough Friday the 13th gets more than a few nods. Also they must have done a great deal with NIKE as even the killer wears them!

The incubus

Serious business from 1981. Even though the film deals with rape, it's not exploitative like trashy stuff from around the time - But that's not to say these scenes don't pack a punch!

Rik 13th March 2013 01:23 PM

Countess Dracula-Can't get enough of these old Hammer films lately and this is another fine performance from the lovely Ingrid Pitt and the awesomely bearded Nigel Green (Hercules in Jason & the Argonauts)