Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2012, 06:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

GODZILLA VS THE THING - ON COMMENTARY - US VERSION OF MOTHRA VS GODZILLA (1964)

GHIDORAH THE THREE HEADED MONSTER - ON COMMENTARY - US VERSION.

GODZILLA & MOTHRA- THE BATTLE FOR EARTH - JAPANESE LANG, NO ENGLISH SUBS
Gojirosan, sawyer6 and Hawkmonger like this.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 14th March 2012, 09:11 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
Don't forget 'Little Nicky' and super powered Nadine - thing is Lynch totally realised the show had become infested with crummy subplots, hence blowing them all to smithereens in the last episode and of course FWWM which ignored them altogether.
Totally 100 % agree with this. That final episode is testament to Lynch's fantastic film making abilities, the fact that he managed, through the course of a single episode to re capture that same unique tone of the first series, after those last few terrible episodes is a near miracle. Though I think the episodes right up to and including Maddie's murder are as good as anything in the first series as well.
Old 14th March 2012, 09:36 PM
Cult Addict

Watched EVIDENCE.

Well, I've found myself getting more and more irritated by the found footage phenomenon but gave this a shot nontheless, mainly because I heard it had something to do with bigfoot and i'm a sucker for any bigfoot movies per se. Its not really a bigfoot movie per se, it starts off like one and feels like its going to be one until near the final third where it morphs into some kind of zombie survival horror. Not bad as they go and reasonably entertaining for what it was.
Old 15th March 2012, 02:39 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

HELLGATE - Wow, total desecration of taste, sense and meaning - it's amazing! Can't believe it's taken so long for me to catch up with one. I would try to summarise what happens in this twitching wreck of a movie but really couldn't bear to relive the trauma - suffice to say, if you harbour a special place in your heart for the likes of 'Skullduggery', 'The Last Slumber Party' and 'A Night to Dismember' and prefer films to make no sense at all, then here is another port of call along your highly dubious cine-travel route. All others will find a boring, disconnected pile of dreck where a movie should be - but remember, sometimes it's more important for a human statement to make a stand against all known values rather than align itself with the spoonfed hordes of the good, the enjoyable and the entertaining. 'Hellgate' makes such a stand. I'm going to stand alongside it until someone forces me to watch that Lars Von Trier flick about the world ending or something (spot the sincerity).
Old 15th March 2012, 07:36 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
HELLGATE - Wow, total desecration of taste, sense and meaning - it's amazing! Can't believe it's taken so long for me to catch up with one. I would try to summarise what happens in this twitching wreck of a movie but really couldn't bear to relive the trauma - suffice to say, if you harbour a special place in your heart for the likes of 'Skullduggery', 'The Last Slumber Party' and 'A Night to Dismember' and prefer films to make no sense at all, then here is another port of call along your highly dubious cine-travel route. All others will find a boring, disconnected pile of dreck where a movie should be - but remember, sometimes it's more important for a human statement to make a stand against all known values rather than align itself with the spoonfed hordes of the good, the enjoyable and the entertaining. 'Hellgate' makes such a stand. I'm going to stand alongside it until someone forces me to watch that Lars Von Trier flick about the world ending or something (spot the sincerity).

hellgate is always featured in any worst movies list I make! First came across it after buying it on vhs from a car boot many years ago. The promise of a movie from 'the people who brought you hellraiser' sounded too good to turn down. Tragically it turned out to be a pile of crap

Worst thing is, I OWN IT ON DVD! Yes indeedy, I went through a phase of buying every anchor bay double bill going (lovely matching black spines) and it came double-billed with an excellent and unfairly neglected little movie called THE PIT. That one IS worth seeing.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:38 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The Mechanic(Charles Bronson)
Demoncrat and Prince_Vajda like this.
Old 15th March 2012, 10:20 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Watched EVIDENCE.

Well, I've found myself getting more and more irritated by the found footage phenomenon but gave this a shot nontheless, mainly because I heard it had something to do with bigfoot and i'm a sucker for any bigfoot movies per se. Its not really a bigfoot movie per se, it starts off like one and feels like its going to be one until near the final third where it morphs into some kind of zombie survival horror. Not bad as they go and reasonably entertaining for what it was.
I'll add that one to my Amazon wish list. I agree with you about the whole 'found footage' thing, though. Blair Witch I hated when it was new, and thought The Last Broadcast was interesting but dull, although I have been tempted to give it another go lately. It was the brilliant Rec films that really proved to me that there was still life in the old dog yet, and I even enjoyed Quarantine for what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
I've got the ABUK DVD of this in my metaphorical too watch pile. May have to make an extra effort to watch it ...

Watched The House Of The Devil last night. Brilliant, intelligent, horror with some great performances.
Old 15th March 2012, 11:56 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
The Mechanic(Charles Bronson)
Among Bronson's very best films. I love the ending!

Greetings!
Old 15th March 2012, 05:32 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
hellgate is always featured in any worst movies list I make! First came across it after buying it on vhs from a car boot many years ago. The promise of a movie from 'the people who brought you hellraiser' sounded too good to turn down. Tragically it turned out to be a pile of crap

Worst thing is, I OWN IT ON DVD! Yes indeedy, I went through a phase of buying every anchor bay double bill going (lovely matching black spines) and it came double-billed with an excellent and unfairly neglected little movie called THE PIT. That one IS worth seeing.
"The Pit" is f*cking great, and needs to be seen by all.
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.
Old 15th March 2012, 09:50 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
"The Pit" is f*cking great, and needs to be seen by all.
100% agree, its a real gem of a movie, rarely do I come across someone who's actually seen it though!

Like this? Share it using the links below!