Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demoncrat 19th June 2012 09:50 AM

The best laid plans and that.....Stuck on Arrow's IOD, merely to check the disc, ended up watching it twice, the commentary is priceless! Nico M has an unusual take on things to say the least, and as for Calum....:blush: you card;);) Highly recommended! And lovely to see it complete again (as i could never find the German disc cheap enough harumph!!)

Can i also concur with any positive opinion stated about Martino's ATCOTD.....WOW, film and a half, more fun to watch than Torso imo, Vampyr tonight methinks!!

Scyther 19th June 2012 10:49 AM

Watched Bohachi Bushido: Code of the Forgotten Eight last night: totally delirious and over the top stylistic violence a la Shogun Assassin meets Pinky Violence! Heartily recommended! :)

sawyer6 19th June 2012 10:50 AM

1)It was time to introduce the sleaze to my sis,2)very good depiction of the era and fine perfomances,3)I said it before and I say it again,one of the best comic adaptation ,4)another average movie of the Avengers franchise,5)weak Korean remake of Ringu,it was more like a drama and less horror,6)a ''wet'' gem about oppressed sexuality by Shinya Tsukamoto,7)8)Ju-on The Grudge had many scares but the flaw was that everything was spoiled at the trailer,part 2 was worse and less complex,9)second time around of this enjoyable movie ,10)the shocking poem of Gus Van Sant,many find it boring,well sometime life is!!11)this need multiple viewings to be appreciated,I liked it better than the first time,12)one of my favorite movies of all time,10/10, 13)simple one of the best horror movies of the 30's,a great perfomance by charles laughton,14)a great cast on a boat ,what more do you need ? 15)another classic by Stanley Kramer,16)decent suspenful b-movie with Lawrence Tierney http://i46.tinypic.com/mhfsi1.jpg

Daemonia 19th June 2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 249244)
I honestly can't remember, its twenty years ago now. I always get it mixed up with the ultra boring Douglas film The Awakening, which i bought at the same time.

The Awakening? The mummy film? That was Charlton Heston, not Kirk Douglas.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th June 2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 251515)
The Awakening? The mummy film? That was Charlton Heston, not Kirk Douglas.

Corrected.

DaveJ.W 19th June 2012 01:51 PM

Beverly Hills Cop (1984)

**** out of ****

Batman: Under the Red Hood (2010)

*** out of ****

Chato's Land (1972)

*** out of ****

Bruiser (2000)

*** out of ****

Trading Places (1983)

**** out of ****

Hawkmonger 19th June 2012 05:52 PM

Jaw's: Well, it's a classic. I have little else to say...........wait, a 12A?
Blow me, surely a 15 would be more appropriate? But that's enough of that.
It was an amazing experience to sit in a theater and watch a classic on the big screen once again. Cineworld got it right for once.:clap:

Nordicdusk 19th June 2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 251635)
It was an amazing experience to sit in a theater and watch a classic on the big screen once again. Cineworld got it right for once.:clap:

Im crazy jealous of all you lucky gits getting too see all these fantastic films on the big screen. :(

Pete 19th June 2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 251635)

It used to be a PG.

Hawkmonger 19th June 2012 06:01 PM

But that was when the spectrum only had U (Uc?), PG, and 18.
Jaw's hardly warrent's an 18, so at the time PG was understandable, but now a 15 seem's the most addiquete.