Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2012, 10:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Its usually £30 of a job for me to take the kids to the cinema, kinda worth it though because they love it and see it as a treat
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th September 2012, 01:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Girls Nite Out (1982)

No way as bad as most reviews make out, well not once the slashing gets underway at least. The first half tries so hard to be funny & wacky but fails miserably, you really will want everyone to die, even more so than normal with this type of thing!

The real pull for slasher & horror fans is seeing Lauren-Marie Taylor from Friday the 13th part 2, (See does little floozy so well!) Carrick Glenn, Sally in The Burning & Rutanya Alda, the Mother in Amityville II: The Possession, she really gets into it! Unlike poor Hal Holbrook who looks thoroughly bored (to be fair he's not given much to do) and literally phones in his performance!
Old 8th September 2012, 01:59 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
Girls Nite Out (1982)

No way as bad as most reviews make out, well not once the slashing gets underway at least. The first half tries so hard to be funny & wacky but fails miserably, you really will want everyone to die, even more so than normal with this type of thing!

The real pull for slasher & horror fans is seeing Lauren-Marie Taylor from Friday the 13th part 2, (See does little floozy so well!) Carrick Glenn, Sally in The Burning & Rutanya Alda, the Mother in Amityville II: The Possession, she really gets into it! Unlike poor Hal Holbrook who looks thoroughly bored (to be fair he's not given much to do) and literally phones in his performance!
I saw Girls Night Out recently. It was one of a Shriek Show three pack. I wasn't terribly impressed by any of the films. Although One Dark Night does have a terrific final twenty minutes.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 8th September 2012, 03:13 PM
Cult Master

So far today

download.jpg

images.jpg

images (1).jpg
Old 8th September 2012, 04:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Lol just laughing at you saying you don't go pics cos its to expensive that is so true I ranted a little on a post then you make that comment as well, it just so true and film companies just don't get it and blaming people downloading films is ruining the film industry well quite frankly don't you blame them at these prices nowadays, make it more affordable and more people will go and more often as well it not rocket science to work that out,
I am not a big earner as I mostly work part time just now, so I have to be very tight with my money. I just got Forrest Gump bluray today for £10. It cost me £9.85 to see Dredd. Although I enjoyed dredd very much, it is over now and I will have to pay to see it again. Whereas I have my bluray forever....and I can eat a spicy chicken pizza while I watch it...You don't get that at the cinema
Old 8th September 2012, 04:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
One Dark Night does have a terrific final twenty minutes.
Tom (Jason Lives) McLoughlin. Yea the finale with all those corpses was pretty messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I saw Girls Night Out recently. It was one of a Shriek Show three pack. I wasn't terribly impressed by any of the films.
As for GNO, I just mean it's not so bad, that I think slasher fans should avoid it at all costs, as the IMDb 3.2 rating might suggest otherwise. (If you take any damn notice of their ratings that is.)
Old 8th September 2012, 04:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I am not a big earner as I mostly work part time just now, so I have to be very tight with my money. I just got Forrest Gump bluray today for £10. It cost me £9.85 to see Dredd. Although I enjoyed dredd very much, it is over now and I will have to pay to see it again. Whereas I have my bluray forever....and I can eat a spicy chicken pizza while I watch it...You don't get that at the cinema
What you pizza cost you probably only afford a small tub of popcorn at cinema, and you can pause it as well to nip toilet etc
mercury likes this.
Old 8th September 2012, 05:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
Tom (Jason Lives) McLoughlin. Yea the finale with all those corpses was pretty messed up.

As for GNO, I just mean it's not so bad, that I think slasher fans should avoid it at all costs, as the IMDb 3.2 rating might suggest otherwise. (If you take any damn notice of their ratings that is.)
I like it. Used to have the old VTC release titled THE SCAREMAKER. It had the big teddy costume on the front cover. I own the SS release but I don't like that title so much. I should add here and now I also like final exam so my taste in slasher films is fairly broad!
Old 8th September 2012, 05:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I like it. Used to have the old VTC release titled THE SCAREMAKER. It had the big teddy costume on the front cover. I own the SS release but I don't like that title so much. I should add here and now I also like final exam so my taste in slasher films is fairly broad!
I really need to pick up Final Exam and Humongous.
Old 8th September 2012, 07:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default What films have you seen recently?

What films have you seen recently?

600full-the-runaways-poster.jpg

dazedandconfused.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!