LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2012, 07:31 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Gosh!

I've seen lots of films like that!!!
I've had time to sleep on it.

It's two films crudely welded together, neither are that great but together it becomes weird enough to be sort of 'likeable'. The big problem is there are no characters in the film, I had no idea who anybody was beyond the obvious cop, mother, criminal, obese deformed serial killer. If they had stuck with just the cops and criminals working together to escape the zombie plague and fleshed it out more it could have worked better... if they had stuck with just the obese deformed serial killer....well it would have got banned!
Old 25th October 2012, 10:44 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
And later becomes a twister !
And takes down a Mumakil. WTF Jackson!?
Old 25th October 2012, 11:43 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Bait - surprisingly decent shark-in-a-flooded-supermarket flick from Australia. Very well made, genuinely tense, and tremendous fun all around. Pretty much all the cast seem to have been in "Home And Away" at some point!

Jersey Shore Shark Attack - very witty SyFy channel comedy horror taking the piss out of Jersey Shore. Good script and often laugh-out-aloud funny.

13 Hrs - shoddy British monster flick that nevertheless passes the time. Extremely familiar and derivative and thoroughly predictable. Clumsily made, with some shocking acting.
Old 25th October 2012, 12:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Bait - surprisingly decent shark-in-a-flooded-supermarket flick from Australia. Very well made, genuinely tense, and tremendous fun all around. Pretty much all the cast seem to have been in "Home And Away" at some point!
I had high hopes for this so good news.Does the shark sing "You Know We Belong Together !,You & I Forever & Ever" to its victims ?.
Old 25th October 2012, 04:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
THE DEVIL RIDES OUT Blu-ray.

Yes, the new effects enhance the film no end and yes the original version should also have been released. That out of the way, I f*cking love this film so much, my face is now aching from the huge grin I had on my face from watching it for the nth time. Lee's performance, which is an odd mix of fear and menace balances excellently against Grey's lizard like channelling of Crowley. It's my favourite performance from Lee, much more relaxed than his normal horror film personae yet incredible forceful and believable in both his character's weaknesses and strengths. The look of fear when he sees the genie is great as is the power and force he commands, when talking with the spirit of Tanith. What's really interesting is that at the climax of the film after dispatching genies, the devil in physical form and the Angel of Death, Lee's character is powerless against Grey's Satanist, for fear of what will happen if he repeats the spell he uses to banish the Angel of Death. For all his occult knowledge and power, it takes the unconditional love of a mother for her child to defeat evil. The film is always criticised for being antiquated yet what could be more contemporary than the power of love in a film which was filmed in August 1967, the so called Summer of Love.
Watched this today and have nothing more to add than what MTDS says, highly recommended for fans and newcomers alike
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th October 2012, 04:31 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Zombie 108.

It's a bunch of stuff that happens then it ends, not actually sure exactly what it is I just watched.
Easily the worst zombie film I've personally sat through, in all honesty I found the whole thing so crudely made and joyless it might just be in my top 10 least favourite films from now on. At least similarly no-budget fare from Lenzi and Batzelli have some camp value.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 25th October 2012, 05:00 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

More horror goodness:

VicDakin, bdc, Pete and 9 others like this.
Old 25th October 2012, 05:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Vampire Bats - another surprisingly good TV monster flick. The delicious Lucy Lawless vs angry mutant vampire bats. What's not to love!

Great cast, and unexpectedly decent writing (if to a familiar formula). Good fun indeed.
Old 25th October 2012, 05:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I thought Bloodbath at the House of Death was painful... What's the John Carpenter like ?
Old 25th October 2012, 06:11 PM
Cult Addict

People DO seem to be watching Giallo A Venizia alot at the moment. My faveourate trashy Giallo, where did you see it, b_e?

Like this? Share it using the links below!