Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

keirarts 1st January 2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linbro (Post 307660)
Another first view for me today, and again it's Fulci. This time - 'The House by the Cemetery'. Had read mixed reviews of this one, even by fans, so again I wasn't sure what to expect. Well, I loved it. Looked and sounded amazing on BD. Need to pick up 'City of the Living Dead' asap, to complete the series/trilogy.
Where does this one sit with Fulci fans?
Lincoln.

I'm a really big fan, love its gothic atmosphere. Which one did you see btw? The arrow version is better for extras but the BU one has better PQ.

demonknight 1st January 2013 06:42 PM

House by the Cemetery is good but it's not as good as City
of the living Dead IMO.

Rik 1st January 2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 307764)
House by the Cemetery is good but it's not as good as City
of the living Dead IMO.

I agree, for me it's the worst of the Gates of Hell trilogy, that's not to say I don't like the film, I just prefer The Beyond and COTLD over House

Nordicdusk 1st January 2013 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 95180

Linbro 1st January 2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 307757)
I'm a really big fan, love its gothic atmosphere. Which one did you see btw? The arrow version is better for extras but the BU one has better PQ.

Arrow. PQ looked great to me.

JoshuaKaitlyn 1st January 2013 09:32 PM

Total Recall (2012) A remake of the 1990 Schwarzenegger vehicle that was set on Mars. This version places the action on a war scarred Earth where space is at a premium. Britain is now the worlds superpower with Australia reduced to colony status. Farrell is an undercover agent whose repressed memories start to resurface when he visits a Rekall centre where you can have false memories implanted of any fantasy you want. But it goes wrong and he soon learns of a conspiracy headed by Britain’s Chancellor to invade the colony. For all the money spent on it, ($125,000,000 estimated compared to the originals $65,000,000 estimated), the flashy effects and the big action scenes the film lacks that ‘something’ that the original had. It just didn’t grab me and I found myself trying to stay awake!

VicDakin 1st January 2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 307802)
Total Recall (2012) A remake of the 1990 Schwarzenegger vehicle that was set on Mars. This version places the action on a war scarred Earth where space is at a premium. Britain is now the worlds superpower with Australia reduced to colony status. Farrell is an undercover agent whose repressed memories start to resurface when he visits a Rekall centre where you can have false memories implanted of any fantasy you want. But it goes wrong and he soon learns of a conspiracy headed by Britain’s Chancellor to invade the colony. For all the money spent on it, ($125,000,000 estimated compared to the originals $65,000,000 estimated), the flashy effects and the big action scenes the film lacks that ‘something’ that the original had. It just didn’t grab me and I found myself trying to stay awake!

now that really is science fiction.

Hawkmonger 1st January 2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicDakin (Post 307803)
now that really is science fiction.

Oh for the days of yor! When we once was a great power, and not clinging to Dads Army for slavation! Or am I still living in the 60's?...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st January 2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 307765)
I agree, for me it's the worst of the Gates of Hell trilogy, that's not to say I don't like the film, I just prefer The Beyond and COTLD over House

The Beyond and City of the Living Dead are much better films – my favourite is City – than House by the Cemetery, but it's much more fun than the other two.

Hawkmonger 1st January 2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 307805)
The Beyond and City of the Living Dead are much better films – my favourite is City – than House by the Cemetery, but it's much more fun than the other two.

The Beyond >/= City of the Living Dead > The House By the Cemetery