Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

JoshuaKaitlyn 19th January 2013 10:11 PM

The Curtain Pole (1909)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (1909)

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post314113

Hawkmonger 19th January 2013 10:14 PM

Berberian Sound Studio: People. Stop reading this and go and watch this right now. Everything you hear is true, a beautiful, stunning depiction pf a decent into madness and the cinematography is stunning. Performances are solid and well accomplished and the clever use of camera angles add gore where it is not. Of the movies I saw from 2012, this is now in second place. A stunning accomplishment.

Nordicdusk 19th January 2013 10:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 97425 Attachment 97426

Happiness of the Katakuris

Attachment 97427

:lol: Interesting very very interesting.

SShaw 19th January 2013 10:38 PM

Finally, 19 days into the new year I made my first trip to the cinema to see Django Unchained. It has everything we have come to expect from a Tarantino film - the soundtrack, the dialogue, the violence, the references/quotations from other film makers and films, the director cameo, long forgotten actors, Zoe Bell etc. It was great. However, if you want to be picky it is, like most of Tarantino's recent efforts, perhaps 10 minutes longer than it needs to be. He really needs to find an editor who can contain his excesses. Highly recommended, if this is still the only Orignal Fassung film playing next weekend then I will go and see it again. It is going to take a very good year for this not to make my personal top 10 of 2013.

Oh and the Die Hard trailer beforehand looked awesome, the Star Trek trailer less so.

nekromantik 19th January 2013 11:41 PM

Just seen Dredd 3D.

Its a very fun flick! loved it.
Shame it bombed at the cinema. I hope they make a sequel.
Not seen the original Judge Dredd film but dont really want to!

J Harker 20th January 2013 08:01 AM

Ma-ma is not the law.
I am the law!

PaulD 20th January 2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 314130)
Just seen Dredd 3D.

I agree. I'm really looking forward to revisiting it in glorious 2D when the price drops.

My recent viewings have been a rewatch of Berberian Sound Studio and Django Unchained, both of which were fantastic. Really enjoyed the former a lot more this time round.

trebor8273 20th January 2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 314130)
Just seen Dredd 3D.

Do yourself a favour and don't see the original, I thought dredd did quite well, at least in the uk

J Harker 20th January 2013 08:13 AM

While they're very different films I really like the original. That said I'm not particularly familiar with the source material so I wasn't concerned that Stallones version wasnt very faithful.

Hawkmonger 20th January 2013 08:19 AM

I'd take Urban's stubly chinage over the cliff,point of Stallones any day! Indeed, Urban growing whiskers for the role is prity much the deepest detraction from the source material! I may be biased but it was my fave movie of the year, it was a faithful addaptation of a great franchise that thankfully does seem to have clicked with a number of American viewers (Critc Brad Jones ranked it as his fave film of the year, 3 places above The Raid and 8 places above Looper) and the source material has been selling even faster than the BD's (which are sold out in many outlets from what statistics show), so who knows, positive word of mouth and high home entertainmet sale's might just swing a sequel as a positive risk.