Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Hawkmonger 19th January 2013 03:18 PM

Broke my foot at Karate last night so been A&E last night getting it plaster casted. As such had a (sadly to) lazy morning watching a few back catalogue BD's. SF Halloween 2 and 3 first, bloody amazing is what they are. Might move my copy of Terror Train and They Live slightly higher up now. Then came MIB3, after the dissapointment of the second film this re-nevigorated my love for the original as a child. Will Smith is hilarious in this ("Just co's you see a black guy driving a fancy car doesn't mean it's stolen!...well I DID steal that one but...) and Boris is a suitably ugly alien. Clever bit of scene making when all the aliens scene in the 60's are suitably retro.

Justin101 19th January 2013 04:44 PM

Sorry to hear about your foot, at least you got to watch Halloween 3 though so I'm jealous - I only have a very ropey and cut DVD of it :lol:

keirarts 19th January 2013 04:55 PM

The Convent.

Paying homage to eighties horror, in paticular kevin tenny'sNIGHT OF THE DEMONS, this one features a bunch of students breaking in to the sterotypical haunted house and being overun by gooey possesing demonic entity's. Livened up somewhat with a real sense of humour and fun the movie does nothing origional but in a really fun and well paced kind of way.

trebor8273 19th January 2013 05:49 PM

Baby cart at the river Styx

Frankie Teardrop 19th January 2013 06:08 PM

BRAINJACKED - Sci-fi-horror features drill-handed lobotomist and his coven of debrained followers. Amateurish plot/performances and SOhidef, but generously ticks gore and exploitation boxes, with blood, grey matter and nudity circulating to good effect. What distinguishes it is its Bavaesque-on-a-camcorder colour scheme and the strange intensity of a few passages (mostly involving the righteous indignation of trepanned kids). Unearthed Films put out some really interesting cult 'product' and this is no exception.

THE LORELEY'S GRASP - My first time with this one. What a strange, dreamy film - I really enjoyed. In some ways, it feels like a vaguely psychedelic update of a flick from another era - it's classic Euro-exploitation, but it seems to harken to something or somewhere else... back to fifties monster movies, but also to a genuinely mythic place, and to a misty kind of seventies surrealism. So along with some disconcerting heart rippings, chicks in bikinis and some rubber monster FX there's a hazy fairy tale vibe, and a genuinely forlorn ambience that sustains like a landscape beyond the events. Very much a necessary viewing.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th January 2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 314042)

THE LORELEY'S GRASP - My first time with this one. What a strange, dreamy film - I really enjoyed. In some ways, it feels like a vaguely psychedelic update of a flick from another era - it's classic Euro-exploitation, but it seems to harken to something or somewhere else... back to fifties monster movies, but also to a genuinely mythic place, and to a misty kind of seventies surrealism. So along with some disconcerting heart rippings, chicks in bikinis and some rubber monster FX there's a hazy fairy tale vibe, and a genuinely forlorn ambience that sustains like a landscape beyond the events. Very much a necessary viewing.

My favourite Spanish film .

keirarts 19th January 2013 06:31 PM

The BCI U.S release of lorely is a must own imo!

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th January 2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 314050)
The BCI U.S release of lorely is a must own imo!

Agreed. :nod:

You can get a secondhand one for £25 from Amazon. ;)

Frankie Teardrop 19th January 2013 06:40 PM

It's a pity about about the price. I watched my friend's copy.

Slippery Jack 19th January 2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop (Post 314056)
It's a pity about about the price.

Indeed :( Just read a review and checked out the prices on amazon . . .