Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demoncrat 25th August 2011 10:10 AM

Watched Bloodsucking Freaks with roth's comm. man is he in love with himself. learnt a few interesting things though (about the film) so pleased enough. i also enjoyed ROTPOTA more than i thought i would, slow start but worth it in the end, disengage brain though....;)

Baseball Fury 25th August 2011 10:10 AM

Check out the B & W version on disc 2, it looks lovely!

keirarts 25th August 2011 10:30 AM

Terror circus. Bought the single release as code reds double bill misses the commenatary track and interviews.

Great movie, andrew prine is as good as ever, highly reccomended.

nekromantik 25th August 2011 11:24 AM

the mist is a excellent movie :)

I already got the US dvd when it was released which cost me like £16 :lol:
so will wait till the BD is £5 or less

PaulD 25th August 2011 11:29 AM

Watched the original Planet of the Apes last night for the first time in a few years. Was surprised at how much of the new film was mirrored in this actually. Still a fantastic film and while I'm no AV expert I have to say it's one of the best-looking blurays I've ever seen - the scenes at the start with Taylor and his crew as they arrive on the planet looked incredible.

napalm-in-the-morning 25th August 2011 11:38 AM

It's the bizarre Shaw Bros. Killer Snakes region 1 tonight. Knew nothing about this at time of purchase. Found in a second hand DVD / cd shop. Have heard that's it's quite infamous for its content. Anybody seen it?

platostotal 25th August 2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 176651)
Watched the original Planet of the Apes last night for the first time in a few years. Was surprised at how much of the new film was mirrored in this actually. Still a fantastic film and while I'm no AV expert I have to say it's one of the best-looking blurays I've ever seen - the scenes at the start with Taylor and his crew as they arrive on the planet looked incredible.

Thought it looked fantastic myself, background detail when they start to explore is just great for a 40+ year old film.

BioZombie 25th August 2011 01:22 PM

I watched Vamp last night on Arrow BD. I was expecting a kind of Demons meets Dusk Till Dawn with dark humour and plenty of gore. What I got I didn’t like at all. Horrible acting, dialogue and story. The art direction and lighting was pretty decent, but when the scenery and weird lighting is more interesting that what's the characters are up to you know the film has got problems. The film was so slow. I got to the 40 min mark and hardly anything had happened.

I didn’t think it worked either as a comedy or a horror. Maybe I went into it expecting the wrong thing, but I don't think Vamp is for me.

Rik 25th August 2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 176691)
I watched Vamp last night on Arrow BD. I was expecting a kind of Demons meets Dusk Till Dawn with dark humour and plenty of gore. What I got I didn’t like at all. Horrible acting, dialogue and story. The art direction and lighting was pretty decent, but when the scenery and weird lighting is more interesting that what's the characters are up to you know the film has got problems. The film was so slow. I got to the 40 min mark and hardly anything had happened.

I didn’t think it worked either as a comedy or a horror. Maybe I went into it expecting the wrong thing, but I don't think Vamp is for me.

I haven't seen this since it was on TV back in the early 90's, seem to remember liking it, maybe now I'm an adult I might have a different opinion.

The boat can leave now, tell the crew

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th August 2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 176691)

I hated Vamp when i first saw it on vhs. Not a chance i would pick it up on dvd.