Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th December 2009, 02:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Whats wrong with the irish certs?

Are you a racisit, is that your problem?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 19th December 2009, 02:26 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Haha no I just dont think there's any need for 6 certs on a dvd cover and it just looks ugly so I choose not to buy them when I can get one from another region without any
Old 19th December 2009, 02:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

They dont bother me that much except when they are used on the spine. All you can see is a tiny title and two bloody big censor certs.

Old 19th December 2009, 02:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Watched The Dark Night Of The Scarecrow. Been meaning to catch up with it for years as I have a penchant for TV horror. It did not disappoint. Has an almost Flannery O'Connor vibe to it - and I adore Southern Gothic. Charles Durning gives a magnificent performance. TV film or not, it's just a great, atmospheric flick and it NEEDS a DVD release NOW!

And talking of Southern Gothic Horror, I plan to finally transfer The Evictors to DVD today before my ancient VHS big box finally bited the dust. Another gem that is in desperate need of cleaning up and releasing. If you haven't seen it, please try to find it somehow. It's such an over-looked and under-rated film.
Old 19th December 2009, 03:00 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Oh yes! And whilst I was in the TV horror/transferring old tapes to DVD mood I revisited the superb and genuinely unsettling A Cold Night's Death which I had from a late 80s/early 90s Granada broadcast.

A brilliant film - American TV horror at its best with top notch turns from Robert Culp and Eli Wallach.

It could do with a proper release, but I suspect some of the treatment of animals would be questioned today. There are several scenes with primates who seem to have been genuinely drugged for the film and they are often roughly handled. There is also an animal corpse that looks far, far too realistic. I do not know the story behind the making though, just these scenes look dubious.

I must get around to transferring al my BBC A Ghost Story At Christmas stuff from VHS...'tis the season and all! Can't beat some MR James when it's cold outside!
Old 19th December 2009, 05:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

ZOMBIE 90.jpg

Entertainingly silly with one of the funniest english dubs i have ever heard; the main character has the voice of an actor from a blaxploitation film even though he is white!. The gore is really OTT with several heads squished, a baby torn apart and the main guy pulling a zombies penis off, throwing it in the road and then running it over!

Old 19th December 2009, 07:03 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Watched The Dark Night Of The Scarecrow. Been meaning to catch up with it for years as I have a penchant for TV horror.

And talking of Southern Gothic Horror, I plan to finally transfer The Evictors to DVD today before my ancient VHS big box finally bited the dust.
Two great films there Gojirosan. I first saw The Evictors on the cinema supporting the Jan Michael Vincent film Defiance back in the 80's.
Old 19th December 2009, 07:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Evictors also used to play in a double bill with Texas Chainsaw Massacre in London at the end of the 70's.
Old 19th December 2009, 10:27 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Whats wrong with the irish certs?
They use the Robocop font!
Old 20th December 2009, 12:43 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

yes that's my new reason for not liking then.Too much like the OCP logo.

Like this? Share it using the links below!