All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179664Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2015, 02:54 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
When I went to see Mad Max some guy pulled a carrier bag out of his back pack and proceeded to take out a Cornish pasty and a 2 litre bottle of coke
Give me a pasty in the cinema I'd even sit through Anything and enjoy it
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 07:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
When I went to see Mad Max some guy pulled a carrier bag out of his back pack and proceeded to take out a Cornish pasty and a 2 litre bottle of coke
One time I was in the queue to get tickets behind a man with a brown paper McDonald's bag containing a meal he had bought from the 'restaurant' over the road! They didn't ask him not to take it in, or even mention it.
Old 23rd October 2015, 07:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Years ago a mate and I went in with a full McDonalds each...the poor sod tearing the tickets clearly couldn't be arsed to argue the toss and just said please take the rubbish out with you (which we of course would've done anyway).
Old 23rd October 2015, 07:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
One time I was in the queue to get tickets behind a man with a brown paper McDonald's bag containing a meal he had bought from the 'restaurant' over the road! They didn't ask him not to take it in, or even mention it.
I wouldnt either what they going to gain apart from pissing him off.

I wouldnt and couldnt obey by rules eg checking bags and confiscating food tbh i couldnt care less, they come and bought a ticket as long as they dont annoy anyone whats the problem, i hate jobs worthy people.
There's doing youre job then going overboard, you dont get apreciated or thanks for it so why bother, any job you bust youre guts for a shit wage while you do all the work and the owners get all the money and praise so £@ck em for all i care. They dont give a toss about the people who actualy run and keep the company together. Youre just a number a static and dont mean jack to them.
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 07:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

There is a small sign on the stand where the staff check your tickets saying something along the lines of 'Please do not bring in outside food', but it's far from strictly enforced.

I'm always amazed by people buying foot long hotdogs and huge plates of nachos at the strangest times of day!
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 07:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
There is a small sign on the stand where the staff check your tickets saying something along the lines of 'Please do not bring in outside food', but it's far from strictly enforced.

I'm always amazed by people buying foot long hotdogs and huge plates of nachos at the strangest times of day!
Several times i bought food from places, i work nights and a lot of times people have said how can you eat that at this time of day, so i jokingly start looking at the food and wrappers etc then they ask me what im doing, ill reply where does it state do not eat between hours off.? And.?
I dont think any time strange to eat any food.
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 07:54 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Several times i bought food from places, i work nights and a lot of times people have said how can you eat that at this time of day, so i jokingly start looking at the food and wrappers etc then they ask me what im doing, ill reply where does it state do not eat between hours off.? And.?
I dont think any time strange to eat any food.
Eating a huge hotdog at 11 AM seems a little peculiar to me, particularly because of how much it costs, but I take your point about nightshift workers having 'unusual' sleep and eating patterns.
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 07:58 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

It's never too early or too late in the day to take a foot-long in the mouth.
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:01 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It's never too early or too late in the day to take a foot-long in the mouth.
I was waiting for a response like that!
J Harker likes this.
Old 23rd October 2015, 08:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

1968: part 2

Where Eagles Dare - Classic boys-own WWII actioner, Nazis, double agents, secret mission, explosions, death, destruction and a great opening score from Ron Goodman, what more do you want?

Dracula Has Risen From the Grave - By no means the worst in the franchise, but he needn't have bothered!

The Graduate - More from Hollywood’s 'New Wave'. (Really it’s a late 1967 movie). With some great music from Simon and Garfunkel and a few comedic moments. Mike Nichols won an Oscar for Best Director. This was the first picture to win at the BAFTA's in the combined category of Best British Film and Best Film from any Source. This new 'Best Film' category would continue until 1983 when the category was split once again into 'Best Film' and 'Best Foreign Language Film'.

Bullitt - Another example of Hollywood New Wave and with a great car chase scene.

Shalako - Sean Connery post Bond! Here he teams up with Brigitte Bardot in a pretty standard western.

Finian's Rainbow - I added this because of three things. 1) I realised that when I was doing both 30's and 40's movies I hadn’t added a whole lot of Fred Astaire, (if any), 2) This was Astaire’s last musical and 3) Comedy/musical and Francis Ford Coppola are two things I wouldn't normally associate with each other! And you know what...I enjoyed it! A great film for the family on a Sunday afternoon.

Funny Girl - Not a fan of Barbara Streisand but I quite like this even if it was a little overlong.

Planet of the Apes - The film that gave rise to two Franchises, one remake, a TV series, an animated series, a ton of merchandise and a comic book. The original and the best. "Get your stinking paws off of me you damn dirty ape!"

Rosemary's Baby - This was my first time seeing this all the way through, it’s not too bad, I think it’s very light on the horror to its detriment. Ruth Gordons New York (?) twang annoyed me a little!

Quatermass and the Pit - Hammers third and final Quatermass, classic stuff!

Like this? Share it using the links below!