Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th April 2010 11:46 AM

Watched Not Quite Hollywood on Film4 last night.What an excellent look into the Australian film industry.Really made me want to check out some of the gems I've been missing.The only thing I didn't like was mr annoying himself,Quentin Tarantino.

oaxaca 11th April 2010 12:02 PM

I watched The Ordeal last night (Belgian horror directed by Fabrice Du Welz, released on Tartan Terror label). Quite a shocking film once it gets going (about 50 mins in). A guy gets stranded in this backwater community in the Ardennes and is unlucky enough to lodge with a complete psycho who lost his girlfriend and thinks this new lodger is his girlfriend returned. Anyway, the rest of the community are equally mental. It has some subtle pitch black humour, the type which makes you wonder whether you should be laughing or not :p. Definitely a bleak film, very nice cinematography, a gripping watch really. Its done in similar style to the French film Satan, starring Vincent Cassell. Its also heavily influence by Straw Dogs and Stephen King's Misery. A worthwhile watch :thumb:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th April 2010 12:44 PM

Ordeal was great!

Watched Through the Electric Mist with TL Jones last night.Weird bloody film.....:dizzy:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th April 2010 12:45 PM

And now that I've the house to myself...I'm gonna finally watch DAY OF THE DEAD in glorious Blu Ray....I'll report back later....:biggrin:

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th April 2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 73376)
Watched Through the Electric Mist with TL Jones last night.Weird bloody film.....:dizzy:

I wish they had made more Dave Robicheaux movies with Alec Baldwin after Heaven's Prisoners.I don't know if he still owns the rights to some of the books but he did at the time Heaven's Prisoners was made.

oaxaca 11th April 2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 73376)
Ordeal was great!

I've got my eyes on this. OK its wierd but is it any good :p ??

snapon 12th April 2010 06:53 AM

new movie

watched dummy and run bitch run both good films.

DeadAlive 12th April 2010 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They Live
This may be one of John Carpenters lesser films, but it is still a lot of fun. The fight between Roddy Piper and David Keith in particular is one of my all time favourite John Carpenter moments.

KPWNINJA 12th April 2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadAlive (Post 73471)
They Live
This may be one of John Carpenters lesser films, but it is still a lot of fun. The fight between Roddy Piper and David Keith in particular is one of my all time favourite John Carpenter moments.

I think They Live is one of John Carpenter's best films alongside Escape from New York, Halloween and The Thing :)

oaxaca 12th April 2010 10:31 AM

Classic, perhaps one of the only good films to star a WWF wrestler? Well except Hulk Hogan's MR NANNY of course:heh:

ps. If you like this I recommend Alex Cox's Repo Man!