Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Angel 27th September 2009 08:39 PM

Side Sho

First half was a bit dull but the second half was pretty good.

Skinned Deep

Unbearable.

mbv 27th September 2009 08:43 PM

American Ninja 2 Started off horrible but got going in the second half with some great ninja action:rockon:

Assault on precinct 13 First time I've seen the whole thing. Only ever saw the second half on telly. Great movie, the kid getting her vanilla twist left me gob smacked!

vincenzo 27th September 2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbv (Post 42821)
Assault on precinct 13 First time I've seen the whole thing. Only ever saw the second half on telly. Great movie, the kid getting her vanilla twist left me gob smacked!

What's even more terrifying is that the little kid is Paris Hilton's aunt. :scared:

Kyle 27th September 2009 11:37 PM

tonight i watched

zombabies: awesome horror comedy about a zombie out break in a nursery 9/10

giallo: great film,the story wasn't anything special and the characters were a bit obvious but i really enjoyed it, it didn't seem like an argento film though at all ( and maybe that's the best way to view it as its defo not one of his best) 7/10

Kyle 28th September 2009 01:01 AM

just finished

the hills run red: great slasher film,awesome killer, plenty of gore and even though the story is a bit predictable it was still loads of fun 8/10

Philleh 28th September 2009 08:26 AM

I had fun with The Hills Run Red too, it started off a little too 'Cigerette Burns' for my liking, but lukcily that changed around the 30 minute mark and slipped into Slasher mode! Good fun, but not as fun as Slaughter High that I watched before it! ha :)

Kyle 28th September 2009 10:50 AM

ive not seen slaughter high i will keep an eye out for it :nod:

Philleh 28th September 2009 10:57 AM

It's one of those 'so terrible it flirts with genius' type films.

Kyle 28th September 2009 11:02 AM

sounds great :laugh:

Pete 28th September 2009 11:54 AM

Had me a mindwarping Jess Franco double of She Killed In Ecstasy and Women Behind Bars.:woot:

coley 28th September 2009 02:20 PM

Not horror but I've been getting stuck into the Criterion Nikkatsu Noir boxset this weekend. Watched the first 3 (I Am Waiting, Rusty Knife and Take Aim At The Police Van) and would recommend em to any Film Noir fans. Bare bones disks but the transfers are very nice considering the age/budget.

vipco 28th September 2009 04:36 PM

Rewatched Snuff 102 on Sunday, then the Grindhouse interview wirh 'Alan Yates' (Gabriel Yorke), what a great interview. A very funny guy.

Kyle 28th September 2009 11:41 PM

i just watched drag me to hell 7/10 the cgi really let it down in places and sick girl 7/10 had some great scenes in it but could be a bit slow in places, loved her homemade strap on :woot:

Pete 29th September 2009 11:27 AM

The Black Belly of the Tarantula - Dull, boring giallo. 4/10

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th September 2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 42971)
The Black Belly of the Tarantula - Dull, boring giallo. 4/10

:shocked: Love this one loops - one of my faves! :faint2:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th September 2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 42937)
i just watched drag me to hell 7/10 the cgi really let it down in places and sick girl 7/10 had some great scenes in it but could be a bit slow in places, loved her homemade strap on :woot:

Sick Girl was good, but I think they tried to develop the characters a bit too much and it meant it got lost a bit in the middle. Started off well though with the school bus slaughter and pissing on a nun's face... !

I still haven't seen Drag Me To Hell... I might wait for the DVD to drop in price when it's released and pick it up then. I've heard mixed reviews so I don't really know what to expect. I definitely want to see it though. :biggrin:

DeadAlive 29th September 2009 12:35 PM

"Deadgirl " - An interesting idea soon becomes pretty average.

"Martyrs " - The first two thirds were great, then WTF!!!

Pete 29th September 2009 12:45 PM

What should i watch tonight?

Death Carries a Cane?

or

Nazi Love Camp 27?

jim corrupt 29th September 2009 05:08 PM

the latter!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th September 2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadAlive (Post 42994)
"Deadgirl " - An interesting idea soon becomes pretty average.

I was thinking of getting this - not recommended then?! :biggrin:

Kyle 29th September 2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 42981)
Sick Girl was good, but I think they tried to develop the characters a bit too much and it meant it got lost a bit in the middle. Started off well though with the school bus slaughter and pissing on a nun's face... !

I still haven't seen Drag Me To Hell... I might wait for the DVD to drop in price when it's released and pick it up then. I've heard mixed reviews so I don't really know what to expect. I definitely want to see it though. :biggrin:

drag me to hell had some great moments but the cgi at times was awful and i thought it relied on sudden jumps for scares far too much and it got a bit annoying,the fight scene in the car park had me in stitches. its defo not worth a full price buy.

Philleh 29th September 2009 05:31 PM

I really enjoyed Deadgirl - very indie, and it does loose itself towards the end, but overall it was a fresh lil' horror.

Kyle 30th September 2009 12:13 AM

secrets of the clown: this was one of the ones from brain damage and i really enjoyed it ,the acting was a bit awful at times but it was a lot of fun 7/10

pig hunt: great film, always keeps changing i started off thinking this was going to be yet another deliverance style film but luckily i was wrong it has so much more, cant rally say what without spoiling any of it but i defo recommend watching this 8/10

Pete 30th September 2009 11:08 AM

Death Carries A Cane - decent giallo not the best the genre has to offer but worth a look. I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more if the dvd had a decent print.

mbv 30th September 2009 11:30 AM

Horrible
Thought it was ok. Eastman wasn't as menacing as he was in Anthro but some decent enough gore.
The kid in it is proabably the worst kid actor ever(Is it a young Hayden Christenson maybe??:laugh:) the tantrum when his mother took the remote off him was outrageously bad

James Morton 30th September 2009 11:33 AM

'What dvd's have you seen recently and can you recommend them?'‏

I think Argento's THE STENDAHL SYNDROME is a good and underrated giallo. I have 2xdvds of the film from Blue Underground and Medusa.
My fave of all though is TENEBRE. Brilliant!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 30th September 2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 43082)
secrets of the clown: this was one of the ones from brain damage and i really enjoyed it ,the acting was a bit awful at times but it was a lot of fun 7/10

pig hunt: great film, always keeps changing i started off thinking this was going to be yet another deliverance style film but luckily i was wrong it has so much more, cant rally say what without spoiling any of it but i defo recommend watching this 8/10

I couldn't agree more with the Secrets Of The Clown mini-review. I watched that the other night and seriously luved it. It was so bad - but a good bad! The psychic who seems to have an orgasm every time he touches something and there's some great one liners in there especially the toaster scene. I couldn't stop laughing all the way through this!

Kyle 30th September 2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 43155)
I couldn't agree more with the Secrets Of The Clown mini-review. I watched that the other night and seriously luved it. It was so bad - but a good bad! The psychic who seems to have an orgasm every time he touches something and there's some great one liners in there especially the toaster scene. I couldn't stop laughing all the way through this!

:laugh: "you're toast" :pound:
awesome

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 30th September 2009 06:50 PM

Yipppee! You remember it :pound: That and the South Park reference were actually really funny and INTENTIONAL! A film not only unintentionally hillarious but INTENTIONALLY too!

WIN! :laugh:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th September 2009 06:56 PM

No one else seen DEAD SNOW?:confused:

Kyle 30th September 2009 06:58 PM

yeah i have and i loved it, have you?

Kyle 30th September 2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 43158)
Yipppee! You remember it :pound: That and the South Park reference were actually really funny and INTENTIONAL! A film not only unintentionally hillarious but INTENTIONALLY too!

WIN! :laugh:

the "you killed kenny" bit was great :laugh:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th September 2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 43162)
yeah i have and i loved it, have you?

Sure have mate.
A glorious throwback to films like EVIL DEAD,BAD TASTE and BRAIN DAMAGE with a touch of SHOCK WAVES thrown in for good measure.Hollywood could certainly learn a thing or two from these guys.:nod:

Kyle 30th September 2009 07:28 PM

yep defo they sure could, ive not seen shock waves is it any good?

Kyle 30th September 2009 08:27 PM

i just finished beyond the darkness 6.5/10

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th September 2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 43172)
yep defo they sure could, ive not seen shock waves is it any good?

Classic.Very atmospheric.As long as you ain't expecting a bloodbath mate.;)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 30th September 2009 09:02 PM

Yeah Shockwaves is good fun. It's got some great under-water camera work, plus a chilling performance by Cushing. :cool:

Kyle 30th September 2009 10:53 PM

cool ill keep my eye out for a copy of that then!

i just watched centipede horror 8/10 creepy film :behindsofa:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/aoki69/centi.jpg

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th September 2009 11:11 PM

My brand new PHANTASM SPHERE arrived today!:woot:
My postman must despise me!:laugh:

Gigantor 1st October 2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 43216)
cool ill keep my eye out for a copy of that then!

i just watched centipede horror 8/10 creepy film :behindsofa:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/aoki69/centi.jpg

HA nice .CENTIPEDE HORROR is a trip!