All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th September 2010, 10:21 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
i watched Run! Bitch! Run! last night, it was a lot better than i was expecting it to be. Review coming soon...
I really enjoyed this and thought it managed to buck the retro grindhouse bandwagon pretty well. The post rape scenes of the woman walking through the woods had an unworldly feeling to them, that for me captured the place where trash meets art that can be found in many older exploitation films...and I really liked all the sex and violence!
Old 8th September 2010, 11:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I really enjoyed this and thought it managed to buck the retro grindhouse bandwagon pretty well. The post rape scenes of the woman walking through the woods had an unworldly feeling to them, that for me captured the place where trash meets art that can be found in many older exploitation films...and I really liked all the sex and violence!
it was extremely well made but was wholly unoriginal. but then again i guess most Exploitation films used the same themes.
Old 9th September 2010, 07:53 PM
Cultist in Training

After clearing out a cupboard I came across an old VHS tape of The Lair Of The White Worm and apart from Amanda Donohoe thought 'why did I ever record this! - Still watched it again though!

Going to watch a double header of the 1979 version of The Amityville Horror which I have never seen and then Shaun of the Dead which I've seen a couple of times and always makes me laugh!

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 9th September 2010, 08:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
After clearing out a cupboard I came across an old VHS tape of The Lair Of The White Worm and apart from Amanda Donohoe thought 'why did I ever record this! - Still watched it again though!

Going to watch a double header of the 1979 version of The Amityville Horror which I have never seen and then Shaun of the Dead which I've seen a couple of times and always makes me laugh!
THE AMITIVILLE HORROR PT 2 used freak me out big time, when I was a kid, The film and its themes were real creepy. (Demonic possession and incest). Had some sleep disturbed nights for a while after that.
The original movie has a good creepy theme tune, quite unsettling.

Enjoy.
Old 9th September 2010, 08:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Watched Monkey Shines. Hadn't seen this in years and have to say I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more now.
Old 9th September 2010, 09:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just finished Daybreakers , which I though was pretty good. Some novel ideas and I liked the overall concept but it became a bit cliched towards the end. Still a good way to kill of an hour and a half though...
Old 10th September 2010, 04:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post

Ha I remember cming home one night and found out my Dad rented this due to the guy at the Rental place highly reccomending it,Ha I don't think he listened to that guy after that.
Old 10th September 2010, 04:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
THE AMITIVILLE HORROR PT 2 used freak me out big time, when I was a kid, The film and its themes were real creepy. (Demonic possession and incest). Had some sleep disturbed nights for a while after that.
The original movie has a good creepy theme tune, quite unsettling.

Enjoy.
I like THE AMITYVILLE HORROR 2 as well.Its much better than the first film.
Old 10th September 2010, 04:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
Watched Monkey Shines. Hadn't seen this in years and have to say I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more now.
When I saw MONKEYSHINES in the theatre there were only 4 other people in the cinema
Old 10th September 2010, 05:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
When I saw MONKEYSHINES in the theatre there were only 4 other people in the cinema
lol i once went to watch a film with wife few yr back i think was the night listener with robin williams and there was just us 2, how bad that ?

Like this? Share it using the links below!