Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Angel 6th May 2008 06:07 AM

Only a few snips here and there but these cuts can be quite damaging (small as they are) seriously reducing the impact of the violence. I saw the uncut Australian video.

mark meakin 6th May 2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 4975)
Only a few snips here and there but these cuts can be quite damaging (small as they are) seriously reducing the impact of the violence. I saw the uncut Australian video.

The Zone Horror screening of Body Count looked intact to me though there was little to really cut.

vincenzo 6th May 2008 04:34 PM

Wasn't the old video cut to the scene where the girl is pulled across the broken mirror?

mark meakin 6th May 2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 4994)
Wasn't the old video cut to the scene where the girl is pulled across the broken mirror?

Also a bit of limb chopping too (or maybe a hand as I've forgot which !).

bedorca 6th May 2008 06:54 PM

Picked up Soavi's The Church today. Great film. Soaked in atmosphere
Really reluctant to pick certain titles on import due to this particular label ;)

VideoFluffyBunny 6th May 2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel (Post 4975)

According to dvd compare

" R2 Germany - (E-M-S) - Yes, 33s of various cuts have been made to violence in the film.
R2 United Kingdom - (Hollywood) - ?m ?s - Various cuts have been made to violence in the film (pre-cut before BBFC) "

When you see the DVD it is very noticeable in the mirror sequence.

I think there is a R4 which is also cut,no uncut DVD of this around unfortunately.:-(

Angel 7th May 2008 06:04 AM

I haven't seen the Hollywood DVD but always assumed it's cut as per the Braveworld 1987 video release (cut by 14s). The BBFC don't actually say that the latter release is the UK video version as cut, they just say "pre cut version" which is presumably the same thing. This is what the BBFC cut in 1987 -

At 10m - 2s shot of knife in girls hand, blood spurting out
At 25m - 5s shot of killer pulling girls head towards broken mirror
At 25m - 7s shot of glass cutting girls neck as killer pulls her through mirror

(Source:Is it uncut?)

Philleh 7th May 2008 07:37 AM

Caught up on my Severin catalogue this week.

Satan's Baby Doll
Malabimba
Sister of Ursula
Beast in Space (xxx and director's cut versions)

trench 25th May 2008 05:33 AM

Don't know whether this fits in or not, but I just picked up the Chan-Wook Park's Vengeance Trilogy. 20 quid from HMV, if you haven't seen them then you can't go wrong, if you have seen them then you know the score. Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, Oldboy, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, plus 3 discs of extras in one smart package, can't be bad to it.

vipco 25th May 2008 04:04 PM

Old Boy was very good but I haven't seen the other 2 films.
My friend lent me it as Asian films are his thing and I think he got it in the same box set .
The other 2 are defiantly worth a watch then Trench.?
As most of the stuff he's lent me were not my scene though Oldboy and some Korean war / ghost film he lent were defiantly worth the watch.