Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

J Harker 6th February 2023 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 681629)
I was there for Michelle Dockery swearing like a trooper.

I want to watch this again but can't decide should i pick it up on Blu or just rewatch the dvd? Talk about problems eh?

I got the blu for £3 in CEX the other day. Along with the newer remastered version of Rambo II.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th February 2023 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 681630)
I got the blu for £3 in CEX the other day. Along with the newer remastered version of Rambo II.

That would be ideal.

Rambo II also. :nod:

J Harker 6th February 2023 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 681631)
That would be ideal.

Rambo II also. :nod:

It's the third time I've bought Rambo II. The new remasters do look superb though. Few new extras as well.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th February 2023 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 681632)
It's the third time I've bought Rambo II. The new remasters do look superb though. Few new extras as well.

Is that the 2018 restoration?

trebor8273 6th February 2023 10:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqqft2x_Aa4

It might be a good 30 minutes or so to long but it's a great movie , very well acted and directed , Gotham looks subtly grim and depression. Farrell is unrecognisable as the penguin. The film is more real world than other batman films but some of the best batman story's have been more "real world" . The surprise was Patterson who makes a good and believable Batman , which most people thought he wouldn't including me. Mind he is one ugly looking man.

Looking forward to the sequel and the penguin TV show which leads into it.

Now watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCUtm7mCF4I

J Harker 6th February 2023 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 681633)
Is that the 2018 restoration?

Yes. Forgive me. 2018 was last week in my world.

Demoncrat 7th February 2023 09:28 AM

Crypt Of The Living Dead (1973, Julio Salvador/ Ray Danton)

A group of archeologists find some resistance from superstitious locals when they descend on an island to excavate a famous tomb.
I enjoyed this one even though there were no real surprises tbh.

Baby Blood (1990, Alain Robak)

Grotty French caper. When a circus worker is attacked by something slithery, her life changes somewhat. Predating Prevenge and with a tiny whiff of Possession, I recommend this one if only for the weirdly flat english dub and the claret, which is severely plentiful as the film develops.

High Risk (1995, Jing Wong)

Jet Li actioner.
Recommended. About as HK as it gets tbh. He works as the stuntman for a pampered actor whilst hiding a traumatic event in his past. The villians are all suitably OTT as befits the material. The stunts are life threatening agogo incluiding a helicopter sequence that was literally jaw dropping. Did I recommend this one? I DO. Ahem.

MrBarlow 7th February 2023 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 681637)
Crypt Of The Living Dead (1973, Julio Salvador/ Ray Danton)

A group of archeologists find some resistance from superstitious locals when they descend on an island to excavate a famous tomb.
I enjoyed this one even though there were no real surprises tbh.

High Risk (1995, Jing Wong)

Jet Li actioner.
Recommended. About as HK as it gets tbh. He works as the stuntman for a pampered actor whilst hiding a traumatic event in his past. The villians are all suitably OTT as befits the material. The stunts are life threatening agogo incluiding a helicopter sequence that was literally jaw dropping. Did I recommend this one? I DO. Ahem.

Crypt Of The Living Dead is one of those that you don't expect much but you can't take your eyes off the screen.

Aas High Risk known as Meltdown, if it is the same film then I second the recommendation.

J Harker 7th February 2023 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 681599)
Really pleased you enjoyed What a Carve Up, JHarker.

I was somewhat puzzled why the video description on YouTube claimed this was "classic erotica" mind.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Susan Foreman 7th February 2023 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 681599)
Really pleased you enjoyed What a Carve Up, JHarker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 681641)
I was somewhat puzzled why the video description on YouTube claimed this was "classic erotica" mind