All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179686Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th November 2010, 03:01 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Watched Inferno on Bluray last night. I must say that this is a film that has lived up to the hype! It was better than I could have imagined. The music is great and I really liked the underwater scene. this fillm has so many good points that I don't have time to mention them all. So instead I will list my only dissapointments: The ending. I found this to be quite short, if you take the ending to start when the Mother is revealed. But the firey ending is very appropriate. I take it that the mother dies?

Any way I will now have to get a hold of the other mothers dvd's as I have yet to see them. But as I have no expectations I feel that I will be very satisfied with them both.
If you enjoyed Inferno you'll love Suspiria. Not to sure about Mother Of Tears though, it's completely different. I myself like it but it is pretty hated by some people.
Old 4th November 2010, 07:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentofan View Post
If you enjoyed Inferno you'll love Suspiria. Not to sure about Mother Of Tears though, it's completely different. I myself like it but it is pretty hated by some people.
I don't think Mother of tears will be like the other films because of the huge time gap. So I will rate it as a stand alone modern film.
Old 4th November 2010, 07:22 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Killer Crocodile 2 - Dreadful!
Enjoyable trash imho...
What did you think of part 1 then?
Old 4th November 2010, 07:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just watched the US AB version of Larry Cohen's

The Stuff

A fun movie, if flawed by awful dialogue and dodgy storyline. Decent FX tho.

The sound was out of sync though
Old 4th November 2010, 11:00 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Watched the masterpiece that is The Curse of Frankenstein tonight! Simply amazing - the first British Horror film in colour and arguably one of the key films that brang horror back from sci-fi. Cushing & Lee are incredible, as per usual.
Old 5th November 2010, 07:12 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Watched the masterpiece that is The Curse of Frankenstein tonight! Simply amazing - the first British Horror film in colour and arguably one of the key films that brang horror back from sci-fi. Cushing & Lee are incredible, as per usual.
One of my favourite Hammer films. Always seems weird watching Lee as The Monster in this too, especially when considering his later, more type-cast roles.

Watched Tears of Kali last night, dull in places but a fairly unique and refreshing watch nonetheless.
Old 5th November 2010, 07:16 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Just watched the US AB version of Larry Cohen's

The Stuff

A fun movie, if flawed by awful dialogue and dodgy storyline. Decent FX tho.

The sound was out of sync though
The Stuff is a great film. So cheesey and stupid, yet brilliant.

I have the recent UK B-Movie Collection release, which is a direct port of the ABUS disc - no audio issues though, from what I remember.

btw: Welcome back, Sarge - haven't seen you about in a while.
Old 5th November 2010, 07:19 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Watched SHAOLIN INTRUDERS, What can I say....great stuff! Near enough non-stop row, one fight after the next. Pai Piao's mannerisms in in reminded me a lot of Lo Lieh.

Old 6th November 2010, 10:01 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Watched the lastest Toetag film Sella Turcica.
About a soldier who comes home after getting injured and is wheelchair bound and who's condition deteriorates.
Quite a departure for Toetag here as the majority of the movie is basically a drama with the family struggling with their brother/son's condition. When the red stuff starts flowing though the nasty meter gets turned to 11 with some outrageously graphic deaths.
Camille Keaton makes a welcome return to the screen as the mother and she's pretty good in this as are the majority of the characters. This wouldn't be for everyone but as underground movies go this is damn impressive
Old 6th November 2010, 10:25 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
Watched the lastest Toetag film Sella Turcica.
About a soldier who comes home after getting injured and is wheelchair bound and who's condition deteriorates.
Quite a departure for Toetag here as the majority of the movie is basically a drama with the family struggling with their brother/son's condition. When the red stuff starts flowing though the nasty meter gets turned to 11 with some outrageously graphic deaths.
Camille Keaton makes a welcome return to the screen as the mother and she's pretty good in this as are the majority of the characters. This wouldn't be for everyone but as underground movies go this is damn impressive
Been meaning to see this - thanks for the info mbv.

Like this? Share it using the links below!