Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd November 2010, 04:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

i thought the final was a massive let down didnt do anything for me apart from bore me a bit to be honest...
Old 3rd November 2010, 06:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

House On Haunted Hill - Really enjoyed it. I didn't think I was going to like it but I really did.

1959 version btw.
Old 3rd November 2010, 09:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Killer Crocodile 2 - Dreadful!
Old 3rd November 2010, 09:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
i thought the final was a massive let down didnt do anything for me apart from bore me a bit to be honest...
I liked it.
Was very enjoyable.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 3rd November 2010, 09:31 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I watched Wild Zero again the other day. It's such a crazy fun film. It describes itself as a Rock n Roll Jet movie, whateve that is. Its a zombie film about a guy called Ace who loves the band guitar wolf (it Japanese and I believe their quite big over there). People turn into zombies and Ace along with Guitar Wolf (who turn out to be sort of super hero's) fight them off. It's full of all the sort of quirks you'd expect in a Japanese horror comedy its voilent, funny and often quite weird.
Guitar Wolf also star in the uber trashy and pretty crappy "The Sore Losers". The film stars David F. Freidman and Jack Oblivian from the band Oblivians. I wouldn't bother with the film but recommend going for the soundtrack instead, as it's a fine and dandy collection of garage punk.

Recently watched the Worzel Gummidge Christmas Special "A Cup o' Tea an' A Slice o' Cake". It contains a really weird ritual scene involving the Crowman that plays like a Satanic version of the final scenes of "The Wicker Man"!! I shit you not. However instead of human sacrifice, it ends with a song and dance number about tea and cakes.
Old 4th November 2010, 12:48 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen Chatoom. The Hideo Nakata english langauge flick made in the UK.

Its not really horror, I quite enjoyed it. Was suprised at how much I enjoyed it.
There are bad points about the movie yes but overall it was very enjoyable and you actully care about the charcters and get into them.

Recommend it to everyone here.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 4th November 2010, 07:29 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Watched the often overlooked Hammer production Paranoiac last night, which has garnered new acclaim due to Eureka's recent DVD and Blu-ray releases. Watching this in HD, the transfer was fantastic. Superb performances and a gripping story makes this an essential for any Hammer fan, or anyone in the mood for a tense, moody thriller.
Old 4th November 2010, 10:12 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Inferno on Bluray last night. I must say that this is a film that has lived up to the hype! It was better than I could have imagined. The music is great and I really liked the underwater scene. this fillm has so many good points that I don't have time to mention them all. So instead I will list my only dissapointments: The ending. I found this to be quite short, if you take the ending to start when the Mother is revealed. But the firey ending is very appropriate. I take it that the mother dies?

Any way I will now have to get a hold of the other mothers dvd's as I have yet to see them. But as I have no expectations I feel that I will be very satisfied with them both.
Old 4th November 2010, 10:30 AM
Cultist in Training

Watched the documentary American Grindhouse yesterday, had no idea Calum was involved till the credits rolled, enjoyed it.
Old 4th November 2010, 11:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Killer Crocodile 2 - Dreadful!

Like this? Share it using the links below!