All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2011, 05:55 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I don't think it was as good as anybody expected and yet it has been nominated for three Golden globes: Best Picture, Best Actor (Jonny Depp) and Best Score (Danny Elfman). Unbelievable. My two cents are here if you are interested.
Old 2nd January 2011, 06:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

watched Stone last night.
It was VERY slow and kinda disappointing as the trailer makes it looks like a thriller and its not.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd January 2011, 06:29 PM
Cult Rookie

Adulthood [2008]
I enjoyed the first one as it was a good reflection (albeit a sad one) of many area's in London , this one was ok. Suffered from the same faults the first one did especially the fact there is barely a likable character in the film. I could see where they was going with Sam's character trying to sort his life out but still haunted by his past but for anyone who's seen the original he's still the murderer who killed the most sympathetic character of Kidulthood. It wasn't too bad overall, soundtrack wasn't as good this time round & didn't seem as hard hitting. Was decent enough though

Fitzcarraldo [1982]
First film I've seen from my Herzog/Kinski boxset. Such an ambitious film that has tons of legendary tales about what went down on the set. Similar in some respects to There Will Be Blood, one mans obsession with what he's out to achieve. Didn't feel it's 2 hour 30 length though it probably could of done with a little more drama in the script. Too much time was spent just lingering over the scenery which always looked impressive but that time could of been spent more wisely on building up characters as really only Fitzgerald was given any real depth. Hugely impressive, just not as gripping as perhaps it should of been.

Assault On Dome 4 [1997]
Picked it up for two quid because it had the mighty Bruce Campbell in it. Was Pretty ****ing bad Super low-budget terrorists in space type deal with Campbell playing the lead villain. It was entertaining but had it not had Campbell's Shakespeare quotes & some overacting it would be been unwatchable. Not bad enough to be 'so good it's bad' so was kind of forgettable.
Old 2nd January 2011, 06:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just watched KILL BILL VOL.1 + 2, I flipping love these films, although i think the first one is better, but the second is still a fantastic film.
Old 2nd January 2011, 06:52 PM
Cult Rookie

In the theater: Black Swan. Very messed up...loved it.

At home: I watched The Descent for the first time...then watched the second one and was underwhelmed.
Watched Brotherhood of the Wolf a couple nights in a row even though I've seen it a hojillion times at least.
I'm about to eat some breakfast and watch The Fog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2nd January 2011, 07:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just watched

Inception

What a beautiful incredible movie! Nolan has made a new Matrix, and a movie that can be open to all kinds of interpretations. The dream sequences make a joke of any from the Elm Street remake! Yes budgets are miles apart, but there is still imagination there!

It looked and sounded incredible on BD!

Observations .. baddies can't shoot for toffee! And when Caprio and Buddy talk at the helicopter near the beginning, you wouldn't believe the blades were turning .. not a hair outta place .. nice.

Last edited by Sargento; 2nd January 2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 2nd January 2011, 08:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concertina View Post
In the theater: Black Swan. Very messed up...loved it.

At home: I watched The Descent for the first time...then watched the second one and was underwhelmed.
Watched Brotherhood of the Wolf a couple nights in a row even though I've seen it a hojillion times at least.
I'm about to eat some breakfast and watch The Fog.

I have not seen The Descent 2 but from what I've heard it's just a mediocre sequel made to cash in.
Old 2nd January 2011, 09:22 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I have not seen The Descent 2 but from what I've heard it's just a mediocre sequel made to cash in.
It was. The creatures weren't as good. There was more gore but just fir tge sake of shock value...it really wasn't necessary. The story was just stupid.

Old 2nd January 2011, 09:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concertina View Post
It was. The creatures weren't as good. There was more gore but just fir tge sake of shock value...it really wasn't necessary. The story was just stupid.

i agree

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd January 2011, 09:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I think there was a huge quality drop off from The Descent to The Descent Part II. It was sad and annoying.

There was no tension at all in the sequel and it looked like it was done in distractingly obvious cardboard and papier maché studio sets!

Like this? Share it using the links below!