Cultist on the Rampage

Some Halloween viewing:

Halloween 2 (1981)
Halloween 3:Season Of The Witch
Halloween 2 (2009)

Plus some HK stuf:

The Storm Warriors
Vampire Vs Vampire

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 1st November 2010, 11:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Recently seen:
Krull
Horsemen of the Apocalypes
Triangle. This film is great. Isn't that scary, but is quite intense and keeps your mind working throughout, and afterwards! Melissa George was great and is fast becoming one of my favourite scream queens
Old 1st November 2010, 11:40 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Watched Zombi 3 and Trick 'r Treat over the weekend - which concluded my Halloween film viewing.

I also watched the first 5 Simpson's Treehouse of Horror Halloween specials on Sunday before getting costumed up and hitting the town for a party.
Old 1st November 2010, 12:46 PM
Cultist in Training

Finally got The Horde and Hellraiser

The Horde is every bit as good as what people on here have said it is, well worth watching, 28 days later meets Die Hard is a pretty accurate description. Just didn't realise it was a french film, not that it detracts from it in any way!

Hellraiser was as good as I remember it to be, I just thought the cenobites was in it more, funny how you focus on one thing in a film when you see it the first time and then don't watch it for a long while after.

If in space no one can hear you scream...why do you always hear a spaceship go past???
Old 1st November 2010, 06:13 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
just watched the British Zombie/infection film DEVIL'S PLAYGROUND and i have to say it's one of the best low buget films ive seen in a long time, brilliantly directed and well written with some top notch gore and a Craig Fairbrass off of Eastenders and Danny '****ing' Dyer, highly recommend this as it's a great watch....
Watched this last night. I thought it was fun, but a bit average. As a lover of most zombie films (I even like Children of the Living Dead) I was a bit 'meh' about it. The best thing was Sean Pertwee's tache'.

Also recently watched "The Last Horror Movie" which I thought was a brilliant no-budget 'camcorder' film. It gets a bit preachy but its really well done.
Old 1st November 2010, 06:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW over the weekend.
Cracking transfer from VCI!

Even though this was made for TV,it's a little gem of a movie,and deserves a place in everyone's collection.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st November 2010, 06:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

How to Make a Monster (1958 version) - Much better than I was expecting, definately one of the best of the decade!

Invasion Earth: The Aliens are Here - Brilliant film, pick it up if you come across it in your local Poundland!
Old 2nd November 2010, 04:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Rob Zombies Halloween 2

If it weren't for the dead mom, horse and ghost of young michael myers this would be a really good horror. Much better than his first effort but a lot of the movie is ridiculous. Top marks for gore though
Old 2nd November 2010, 05:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
Watched this last night. I thought it was fun, but a bit average. As a lover of most zombie films (I even like Children of the Living Dead) I was a bit 'meh' about it. The best thing was Sean Pertwee's tache'.

Also recently watched "The Last Horror Movie" which I thought was a brilliant no-budget 'camcorder' film. It gets a bit preachy but its really well done.
Pertwee's tash was epic, i just really liked how it was done and it looked pretty cool.

Watched another Brit horror last night, the werewolf/posh kids mash up 13 HRS
and while not having any characters to actually give a damn about, it served up some pretty decent gore for a 15, defo worth a rental..
Old 2nd November 2010, 06:37 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Watched the BU Blu of Maniac last night, plus have just finished watching Code Red's DVD of Pets: Shame about the quality of materials available from the film rights owner, but a decent exploitationer nonetheless.

Like this? Share it using the links below!