Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

gag 31st December 2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 119122)
watched Walter Hill's Streets OF Fire last night and everytime i see this film i enjoy it more and more, great soundtrack too.

Been yrs since ive seen this, Ill have to find it and watch it now,

Stephen@Cult Labs 31st December 2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 119125)
Definitely a love or hate film - I love it!

I love it too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 119144)
Been yrs since ive seen this, Ill have to find it and watch it now,

Do it! Excellent film.

YouTube - Streets Of Fire Theatrical Trailer

Could Willem Dafoe look any gayer though? :lol:

mahoney 31st December 2010 04:33 PM

Night Train Murders
For me it's a more accomplished film than Last House. The rape scenes are no way as powerful but taken as a whole it's a much better film than Last House in my opinion. Always respected Last House for what it did but never thought it was a 'great' piece of cinema. Though that 3disc edition that was mentioned a few posts back is indeed top notch.

Are we supposed to post horror films only in here that we've seen or is it anything goes?

The Straight Story
Left me with a nice warm feeling inside. Such a little story yet so powerful. Kind of odd to think Walt Disney or David Lynch would make a film like this let alone make one together. So many lovely subtle touches throughout & nice to see that nothing overly dramatic happened towards the end as that was my fear whilst watching it.
Also great to see Sissy Spacek on screen, I've only ever seen her as Carrie & in Badlands but they are two of the best performances I've ever seen so nice to see her 25 years down the line in her career still giving a good performance.

pedromonkey 31st December 2010 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahoney (Post 119156)
Are we supposed to post horror films only in here that we've seen or is it anything goes?

everyone just posts what they've seen, regardless of Genre, infact i watched the awesomeness that was Josie And The PussyCats the other day, three hot chicks with guitars is good...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st December 2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahoney (Post 119156)

The Straight Story
Left me with a nice warm feeling inside. Such a little story yet so powerful. Kind of odd to think Walt Disney or David Lynch would make a film like this let alone make one together. So many lovely subtle touches throughout & nice to see that nothing overly dramatic happened towards the end as that was my fear whilst watching it.
Also great to see Sissy Spacek on screen, I've only ever seen her as Carrie & in Badlands but they are two of the best performances I've ever seen so nice to see her 25 years down the line in her career still giving a good performance.

Sissy Spacek is great in that movie and it's one I really must buy as I have just about everything else that David Lynch has made. Spacek was also really good in JFK, albeit in a small role.

Anyway, so far tonight I have watched Resident Evil: Afterlife and Naked Lunch (one pretty poor and the other far from Cronenberg's best) and I plan to watch the Optimum release of Lizard in a Woman's Skin a bit later.

Gojirosan 31st December 2010 09:15 PM

I do so love The Straight Story.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st December 2010 10:04 PM

I've just ordered it -- only £3.99.

Sargento 2nd January 2011 04:22 PM

Last night I watched Shriek Show (EDIT: Sorry Blue Underground!) R1

Toolbox Murders

After watching the cut version on the Horror Channel I was intrigued to see what was missing .. erm, well not a lot! Not to say that I don't like the film, cos up until the reveal/kidnapping it is a tremendously atmospheric stalker. Then it goes a bit oh-hum. Shame really. But Lord knows why it's so censored! I know it's violence against women, which WAS kinda taboo in movies, but heck - things have moved on!

The print was/is really nice though considering the age and budget restraints.

Gojirosan 2nd January 2011 05:34 PM

Watched The Rift this afternoon.

Clearly it's not very good, but it's hard to dislike. Fun.

mercury 2nd January 2011 05:36 PM

Alice in Wonderland. Not as good as I expected.